2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
The Road to PyeongChang 2018

Who are you rooting for this season and why?

Enjoy our Men's Olympic season preview trailer!

Last edited by a moderator:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am rooting for Patrick but honestly, all I hope for him is to skate well and end his career with a smile ... Patrick has achieved so much during his very long career, he doesn't need further accolades... however, he deserves to retire in happiness and contentment. Patrick's skating is unique and he has chosen to remain true to himself in creating two new programs that focus on beautiful lyrical skating. I cannot wait to see them evolve as the season goes.

Go Patrick !

My prediction : Shoma and Nathan will fight for gold.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So Hyped!
This will be such a close race. I'll be cheering for Yuzu to win.
But the men's field in general is my favorite to watch. So many skaters to root for.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I would like for Yuzu, Shoma and Boyang to win the Gold medal.
Since that’s absolutely impossible... rooting for all three, and may the best man win. But Hanyu winning again would be special indeed. :pray:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m rooting for Fernandez, Hanyu, Chan, Shoma, Chen and Boyang to medal.... LOL, a difficult situation with so many skaters to root for. May the best man win!!!

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm rooting for everybody, but especially those who have new programmes! :)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I am rooting for Yuzu to repeat gold and Boyangman for medal. Javier ending his competitive career with Olympic medal will be nice too.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I am rooting for Shoma, first and foremost, because he resonates most with me personally. But I would be happy with any medal for him, not only the Gold.

I am also rooting for Yuzuru, who's been so good in this Olympic Cycle and I want for him to win the Gold with a breathtaking performance that is clean and leaves no doubt. I am rooting for Patrick Chan, because I like the skater he has become after his year away from the scene, much better than the pre-Sochi Patrick Chan. I am rooting for Javier Fernandez because when he is on, he really can shine, he is a two time World Champion and I want a European, a Spanish Olympic Gold medalist very much. I am rooting for Nathan Chen who came on to the scene like a rocket and has made very interesting program choices this season, I do believe him to have the best chances for Gold this season. And I do root for Boyang Jin, who has been on the podium at Worlds two times in a row, against all odds and heavy favourites. He's a charmer and has such potential.

All in all, I wish for this to be the least mistake-ridden competition. Which is a tough task considering the technical content. And no matter what, three of these men are out of the medals, which will be heartbreaking. Since two of the skaters mentioned already medalled in the previous Games, I would rather see three fresh faces on the podium, but that is wishful thinking and Yuzuru and Patrick should medal if they are the best on that day. Please no injurys this season. May the best man win!

PS: What happened to Denis Ten?

fredtx121

On the Ice
Judges Picks if all skate well
Gold- Fernandez
Silver - Yuzuru
Bronze- Shumo

Who I want to Medal
Gold- Nathan
Silver- Shumo
Bronze- Fernandez

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Nice trailer! :agree: the red at the beginning of the video really fire up~
I am rooting for Yuzuru to win Gold, he have what it takes, and he is well prepared for the season! A lot of criticism about his repeated programs, but wait until we see what upgrade he and his team will bring to us. :yahoo:

evasorange

Final Flight
I never thought I'd say this at the start of last year but I am so rooting for Nathan! You can tell he really worked hard over the break to improve artistry and he's coming through with two fresh new programs! Of the top men only he and Patrick both have two new programs right?(not sure about Boyang). I NEED Javi to get a medal of any color. Like it has to happen. I also would love a completely unexpected guy to have a podium finish.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Hyped, nervous, fighting the urge to run under a rock and hibernate until after worlds 2018. :hpull::hpull:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
This trailer is so cool!

I am cheering for Yuzuru, but what I want most of all is a hard fought competition of clean skates.

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty
I am rooting for Yuzu to repeat gold and Boyangman for medal. Javier ending his competitive career with Olympic medal will be nice too.

Even though i want javi to win it, any medal at all would be almost as awesome, tbh. he is such a pioneer of spanish skating and has come so far.