2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
anyone know where I can watch Men's SP live in the UK. just tuned it to BBC but it seems like they are covering alpine skating, slalom and skeleton T_T. I need to watch figure skating

BBC should able to cover it live, when it is on in half an hour's time. Be patient :D
If it is not on the main channel, use the red button.

Otherwise use Hola to watch via CBC

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
BBC should able to cover it live, when it is on in half an hour's time. Be patient :D

Dumb question sorry, but are Chris and Simon commentating on BBC as well or are there different people there? (Where I live the same commentators are on Eurosport and when it switches to the domestic channel.)

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Dumb question sorry, but are Chris and Simon commentating on BBC as well or are there different people there? (Where I live the same commentators are on Eurosport and when it switches to the domestic channel.)

No, on BBC it's Kat Downes and Robin Cousins.

1111bm

Final Flight
In the western media yes. It's all about Nathan Chen, being the 2017 GPF champ and beaten Yuzuru before at 4CC and COR.

The “no one” saw coming remark about Uno was also tongue in cheek. Think mainstream media, not those of us here.

Well I get that, but also media outside of the US? Because it makes sense for US american media to hype one of their own (although I don't see how it makes sense in the longterm, since it's simply false information, but there you go...:rolleye:), but other countries...?

Jedi

On the Ice
Will be a nail-biter to see which 6 skaters don't make the cut. I'm guessing that these guys are the most vulnerable:

- Felipe MONTOYA (ESP)
- Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI)
- Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS)
- Junhwan CHA (KOR)
- Yaroslav PANIOT (UKR)
- Chaffik BESSEGHIER (FRA)

Any thoughts? There will be little margin for error. This is a strong field.

Keegan Messing and maybe Patrick if he falls apart.

summerbliss

Rinkside

No, on BBC it's Kat Downes and Robin Cousins.

I am at my dorm where I don't have a TV so I am using the BBC iPlayer online. they are showing skeleton on BBC one now. and when they started the segment, they said they'll be covering skeleton, slalom and alpine skating but nothing about figure skating. I don't know how I can access the red button online. can you see them broadcasting Men's SP??
I found a Russian streaming link but it would be nice to find a broadcast where I can understand the commentary.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
does anyone know the start time for each skater? At the FS topic the link sends me to the SP one. :)

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
The way Boyang skated last night, and with how much I love his free program, I am now hard-rooting for him in this free skate. Go Boyang!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Anyone else who loved Cha's performance/program? First of all, I love that music, and he completely sold it. He is a talent...

I did love how he skated his SP ;) Lots of energy & vigour ... and he truly skates to music. But at the same time he made me miss Wakaba :( Hopefully Cha can make South Korea proud again tomorrow!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
The way Boyang skated last night, and with how much I love his free program, I am now hard-rooting for him in this free skate. Go Boyang!

I thought Boyang should have been in third after the short, although it was close. But I say that as someone who is no fan of Boyang yet was blown away by his performance; it wasn’t just “oh, he improved his artistry” but that he actually drew me in and conveyed so much in that skate. If he can create a moment like that again in the free skate... damn, it’s going to be one hell of a night.

Warwick360

Medalist
Stupid BBC didn't cover Chen's program. I see a huge technical score. How much total did Chen get overall?

Warwick360

Medalist
"His components scores are high. Sometimes higher than it should be."...Cousin on Chan's career. Cousins, you savage, you.:laugh2: