Love and Punishment | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Scout12

On the Ice
Hello everyone. It has been a while since i have added anything to the discussion. I was spurred on by the royal wedding. Have some thoughts to connect with L&P. I was thinking about the similarities between Savas and Yasemine's relationship and prince Harry and Meagan. Many wondered how Savas could fall in love at first sight. Seems like the same thing happened to the Prince Harry. Just like Savas always tried to protect Yasemine, Harry is doing the same for Meagan. Just like Yasemine had to deal with the traditions of Savas' family so too Meagan with the traditions of the royal family. Both Yasemine and Meagan are strong women. Just as Savas worked so hard to change the traditions of his tribe, Harry is changing the traditions of his(everything about that wedding ceremony was different from tradition). Throughout it all both couples have such strong love for each other. Would like to know your thoughts.

Hi Denner

You’re right – in the engagement interview, Harry said he fell hard and fast for Meghan, love at first sight. He said he felt he had to “up his game” when talking to her. Even if that’s an exaggeration, what a great thing to say – points there Harry! And the press release from Kensington Palace about the paparazzi hounding Meghan, her family, and the racist things said about her – it was unusual for a Royal to speak up. Their MO is to usually stay silent, not acknowledge. But I guess Harry felt he had to push back because 1. it wasn't right, and 2. so another girlfriend wouldn’t be scared off. I can only imagine how different Meghan’s life will be now. I heard one Royal reporter say that no one who’s sane would want to be a Princess – in other words, it’s a lot to give up for love. But from what I’ve read, both Princes tried to make sure their fiancés understood what they’d be stepping into – full disclosure before they said yes. And they won't sit silent when the press intrudes. Good for them.

I loved the wedding. When Charles and Diana married, we lived on the west coast. But I got up at 2 or 3 am to watch. I had to go to work the next day, but it was a huge deal. So I wanted to see this wedding too. I understand that the Queen had to give the OK to everything – it was all run past her first. She saw the dress, she knew about all parts of the service – she even had to give Harry the OK to keep his beard. In the UK, she’s the most popular Royal, and Harry is #2. I think I get now why the Queen is #1. At 92 she’s from a different generation, different era, but she sees the need for change. Good for her. It’s interesting – she has the demeanor of being apolitical. I’m sure she has many opinions, but you’d never guess what they are – she stays outside politics. There are no laws preventing them from voting, but apparently Royals don’t vote. It’s seen as a potential Constitutional crisis otherwise. I wonder if that will be hard for Meghan.

Not sure if you read this - a cool story. When Meghan came to Toronto to film Suits, she met Jessica Mulroney (she’s a stylist, works in PR I believe, is a wedding planner too), and they became good friends. Jessica’s husband Ben is the son of one of our former Prime Ministers. So when Meghan and Harry started dating, and the press started closing in, they went to Jessica and Ben’s house for a bit. Ben told Harry that years ago when his dad was PM, Charles and Diana were in Canada for a Royal visit. During a dinner at the PM’s residence, Diana got a little tired of the shop talk and went upstairs. She ran into the Mulroney kids. She stayed up there for a bit and visited with them. So Ben had this great memory to share with Harry – way back when I met your mum. So maybe that’s why Ben Mulroney had one of the best seats in the chapel for the wedding. :thumbsup:

Meganda

Medalist
I hesitate to add this, but as they say many times in LP - “damn the torpedoes”, so here goes. Remember when Cem said to Savas that Yasemin was probably on to the next guy after sleeping with Savas? Well, maybe this wasn’t the first time Savas took a woman back to his boat from Cem’s bar. “I’ve had lots of adventures” - that comes up several times and when I first saw this scene and then Cem’s gloating and the “atta boy” type attitude after Savas told him what happened, it occurred to me that this might have happened before. To me it would help explain that evening - the fact that he asked her back to his boat, not the fact that she was drunk. I don't think badly of him if he had other women back to his boat and they slept together. He's an adult, it happens.

NazAli, I wish I could see this part of the story differently, but I can’t for these reasons. But I do appreciate your points and discussing it.

Since we're damning the torpedoes I have to say this. Savas has many respectful characteristics but he is not a saint (well he's Moslem, so he wouldn't be that but then he's not a wali (وليّ) - someone who is close to Allah) and he certainly wasn't celebant or a virgin! He happens to be a 30 year old man who has had girls and women falling at his feet his entire life. I think he was a very sexual person and had had plenty of women sexually. Watch the nonverbal conversation Cem and Savas have at the bar, then listen to the verbal conversation they have after Savas beds Yasemin. There is no doubt that Savas is sexually active. Much later he even says that he always thought that at age 30 he would then settle down, find love and marry. So what was he doing prior to that. Acceptable for men but not necessarily for women. It wasn't the sleeping with a woman who was tipsy that got me but rather that he didn't have safe sex. He's educated so he certainly knows about AIDS, what was he thinking! To start with, if he wasn't going to have safe sex, he must have assumed that she was on birth control, but during their sexual encounter (or love making because he said he fell in love immediately) he discovers that she is a virgin, which should have triggered to him that she wasn't on any birth control! Why then did he ejaculate in her. Oh Savas!!! I agree his conversation with Cem confirms that this boat venture happens often enough, so he should have known better on more than one level. I have held that he just didn't use condomes (which is just plain stupid on his part) :palmf: and he apparently wasn't in the habit of asking the woman if she was on birth control (another stupid habit) :eek: and therefore he may have more than Omer as a child, he may have other children all over the world (Italy, America and Turkey) that he doesn't even know about. Oh dear! :eeking: I just looked up the stats of AIDS in Turkey. It's sad, apparently Savas' stupidity isn't isolated to him but rather the Turkish population as a whole, he is therfore symbolic of the Turkish population regarding the prevention of speading AIDS at the time this series is produced, (should I say that): http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/nu...-by-over-four-times-over-last-10-years-121432

Saying all that doesn't take away from his principles. He was a very principled man from the spiritual principled side of him, but there is also a physical side of him that I contend was fulfilled often enough with women that were his passing fancies. In his 20s his principles made him wait for the go ahead signal from the woman. He said with Yasemin it was love at first sight and I believe it was for him. Once he actually experienced love he did become celibant while waiting to find Yasemin and even after they were dating. At that point he knew it was worth the wait, but remember after the Baldar company party and he stayed over, he assumed that Yasemin would then go to bed with him, so even then his standards were not at her level.

That's my take on it. Savas is principled yet human and falling in love actually allowed him to meld and combine both the physical and spiritual side of him into one truly fine admirable man.

As for Yasemin, by the time she arrived in Bodrum the poor woman was still in a state of shock but by now it had developed into a seething rage, realizing what was going on with her finance behind her back for 3 years. In that state she threw her engagement ring into the sea, walked in and sat down at the bar, and looked at Savas and started drinking - out of anger at Mehmet but also in getting up the nerve for what she knew what she was going to do out of her vengeful payback at Mehmet's indescriminate sleeping around. It became irrational payback time. I loved how she described it to Mehmet when he tried to get back with her at her apartment when Leyla was visiting. She boldy tells him that after she discovered him in bed with another woman one week before their marriage at their future home and bed, she slept with the first man she saw and didn't even ask his name - that was her indescriminate punch back at him. Of course she regretted it afterward. She then fessed up to herself and mother that she had broken her promise to her beloved father and she could never take that back.

Sorry, didn't mean to be so verbose.

Meganda

Medalist
Hello everyone. It has been a while since i have added anything to the discussion. I was spurred on by the royal wedding. Have some thoughts to connect with L&P. I was thinking about the similarities between Savas and Yasemine's relationship and prince Harry and Meagan. Many wondered how Savas could fall in love at first sight. Seems like the same thing happened to the Prince Harry. Just like Savas always tried to protect Yasemine, Harry is doing the same for Meagan. Just like Yasemine had to deal with the traditions of Savas' family so too Meagan with the traditions of the royal family. Both Yasemine and Meagan are strong women. Just as Savas worked so hard to change the traditions of his tribe, Harry is changing the traditions of his(everything about that wedding ceremony was different from tradition). Throughout it all both couples have such strong love for each other. Would like to know your thoughts.

Denner baci,
The connection you have described here is so well put together and accurate. Harry's a perfect example of love at first sight for a man in his 30s who had enough women in his life previously, when the one who matched him came along, he knew it. So love at first sight does actually happen.

Thank you for the comparison. Their wedding was beautiful wasn't it.

Efendi

Spectator
Thank you Scout, NazAli and Meganda for sharing your thoughts on this subject which I hope I'm not beating to death with this follow-up. I love reading your posts and the details that bring to light. I've thought a lot since yesterday and have resolved that the only way that I can justify Savas' action that night was that as NazAli said, it was because she wasn't that drunk or at least he didn't think she was that drunk. This and not because it was a lapse of judgement on his part. He believed that she was alert enough to know what she was doing. Her contemplating and rethinking her actions showed that she was semi-sober. Semi-sober in the script... that she didn't seem semi-sober to me, I'll fully blame the director for not toning down Nurgul's acting ;). I would have redone just that scene Scout. They plot required for Yasemin to make a rash decision on the spot as is her personality to do so. It had to be a short encounter and she runs away; hence the repeated references to Cinderella. She had to remain a stranger until he finds her.

Just to repeat myself as I thought I may have been misunderstood... my issue was never about the one night stand and was never about Yasemin. He's quite the liberal type having studied abroad and even though Shahnur is religious herself (as most Van folks are compared to the modern Istanbulites), none of her children are brought up religiously... more "Muslim by birth" if you will. If Yasemin wasn't drunk or wasn't acting that drunk, I would never have had an issue.

She was thinking a one-night-stand to lose her virginity but I don't think he had that in mind. He was a ladies man for sure but I don't think he was a player. Somewhere I think Nadja says that his relationships with the girls who would swoon over him didn't last more than a week. So, he was looking for "the" one and had resolved that "the" one would come when he's in his 30s, which is where he's at when we start the story. So, he's intrigued with Yasemin and wanted to get to know her. He tries to make a conversation in the bar. He asks her name but she doesn't reply and following the shower he wants to understand her reason for choosing him since obviously he figured out that she's not one to sleep around. And, if she was totally drunk and out of her mind, I'm sure he would held back. There :).

I don't think I'm romanticizing this but I believe that because he was her first, she became even more special to him and her running away like Cinderella made her an enigma that he would obsess over until he finds her. He calls it "love-at-first-sight". I would always think that this is just a nice way to describe lust but since I've married, I understand this feeling to describe how two souls are drawn together. You just don't know why but you want to be close to the other person... for the comfort... for the sense of unexplainable familiarity and sure enough the connection is made physically and it appears lust but it's really more than that. These two were definitely soulmates.

Meganda

Medalist
I've thought a lot since yesterday and have resolved that the only way that I can justify Savas' action that night was that as NazAli said, it was because she wasn't that drunk or at least he didn't think she was that drunk. This and not because it was a lapse of judgement on his part. He believed that she was alert enough to know what she was doing. Her contemplating and rethinking her actions showed that she was semi-sober. Semi-sober in the script... that she didn't seem semi-sober to me, I'll fully blame the director for not toning down Nurgul's acting ;). I would have redone just that scene Scout. They plot required for Yasemin to make a rash decision on the spot as is her personality to do so. It had to be a short encounter and she runs away; hence the repeated references to Cinderella. She had to remain a stranger until he finds her.

I don't think I'm romanticizing this but I believe that because he was her first, she became even more special to him and her running away like Cinderella made her an enigma that he would obsess over until he finds her. He calls it "love-at-first-sight". These two were definitely soulmates.

I think you have answered your own question here. I went back and watched the bar scene. He was already interested in getting together with her during and after her first drink, then things just happened way too fast with drink 2 and 3 for him to stop. And I do agree he didn't think she was that drunk nor did he think that her perception was impaired. Her fussing around on the boat was more due to hesitation and to indecision as to whether she shouild go ahead and have sex with him.

It still bothers me that he didn't use a condom. There's no justification for that, but then we wouldn't have Omer on the scene to complete the story.

I loved your comparision to Cinderella. I knew he called her Cinderella, but I hadn't caught the connection to the fairy tale with Yasemin running away during their romantic time, he doesn't know her name nor where she's from, he can't find her, puts out an all out search for her. She unknowingly leaves something precious behind and he finds it. I missed what was right in front of my face with that one. Even her mother plays the negative mother at times. He's rich, she's not. He's the head (king - Aga) of a realm (kingdom - clan). The comparison is just delicious! Thanks :medal"

Do Cicek and Nazan become the 2 step sisters, that she is kind to them but they are mean to her?

Scout12

On the Ice
Since we're damning the torpedoes I have to say this. Savas has many respectful characteristics but he is not a saint (well he's Moslem, so he wouldn't be that but then he's not a wali (وليّ) - someone who is close to Allah) and he certainly wasn't celebant or a virgin! He happens to be a 30 year old man who has had girls and women falling at his feet his entire life. I think he was a very sexual person and had had plenty of women sexually. Watch the nonverbal conversation Cem and Savas have at the bar, then listen to the verbal conversation they have after Savas beds Yasemin. There is no doubt that Savas is sexually active. Much later he even says that he always thought that at age 30 he would then settle down, find love and marry. So what was he doing prior to that. Acceptable for men but not necessarily for women. It wasn't the sleeping with a woman who was tipsy that got me but rather that he didn't have safe sex. He's educated so he certainly knows about AIDS, what was he thinking! To start with, if he wasn't going to have safe sex, he must have assumed that she was on birth control, but during their sexual encounter (or love making because he said he fell in love immediately) he discovers that she is a virgin, which should have triggered to him that she wasn't on any birth control! Why then did he ejaculate in her. Oh Savas!!! I agree his conversation with Cem confirms that this boat venture happens often enough, so he should have known better on more than one level. I have held that he just didn't use condomes (which is just plain stupid on his part) :palmf: and he apparently wasn't in the habit of asking the woman if she was on birth control (another stupid habit) :eek: and therefore he may have more than Omer as a child, he may have other children all over the world (Italy, America and Turkey) that he doesn't even know about. Oh dear! :eeking: I just looked up the stats of AIDS in Turkey. It's sad, apparently Savas' stupidity isn't isolated to him but rather the Turkish population as a whole, he is therfore symbolic of the Turkish population regarding the prevention of speading AIDS at the time this series is produced, (should I say that): http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/nu...-by-over-four-times-over-last-10-years-121432

You damned the torpedoes, and then addressed the elephant in the room. Yes - safe sex, contraception, and any other little Omer’s out there in the world - those thoughts crossed my mind too.

To your point (and NazAli’s) – you could see he was a decent and principled guy, and I guess that’s why I was struggling around his “do you like boats” move on a drunk woman. But he made changes after he met Yasemin, and then it really jelled for him when he met her again a year later. Savas 2.0 emerged.

Dafna

On the Ice
Mehraba Ladies,
A little late, but allow me to also elaborate on this discussion. Trying hard not to repeat said things, I will put out my thoughts.
First, I would say I wouldn’t add or drop a comma to NazAli’s and Megi’s discussion. Those are exactly my sentiments and my thoughts: not a word more on NazAli’s one-night stand thoughts and Megi’s explanation of Savas’s character and what and how everything happened that night.

But, I would like to add:
-We have discussed the boat and bar scene when we were talking about Savas’s love at first sight and some other times. And maybe some of the arguments we’ll be repetitive. My first thought is that, there is no way he took advantage of Yasemine that night. I don’t think there is a lag of judgment on his part. Not at all. I think first he got attracted to Yasemine by her beauty, then she started to dismiss him, rolled her eyes on him, responded with not too much grace or consideration, seen a little bit rude, stubborn and free spirit. Maybe someone he never encountered before. And he was very nice to her, not wanting to give her more drinks. If you recall the scene on details, when she asked him “to cut it short”, they locked their eyes and he stayed a bit surprised for couple of seconds (the very last moments of NE1), meaning that it didn’t cross his mind till that moment. And he was trying to understand her body language and reading her face after listening to what she said. His eyes go left and right trying very hard to grab the slightest sign and understanding from her face. Even on the boat he is hesitant and waiting for her. She goes back and forth. Maybe somehow drunk, but not that drunk so not to be responsible for her actions. And this wasn’t something she was used doing. When she leaves the boat and walks on the streest to go at her Mother’s house she looks pretty normal to me, not drunk, yes maybe a little bit. So, in my opinion she was fully aware of what she was doing.
- On the other side I don’t believe Yasemine went to the bar with the idea to sleep with someone. Not at all. She was very frustrated, mad, sad, feeling down and betrayed and thought to have some drinks to take the pain away. She thought to stop there on the way to her mother’s house, that I think was in a walking distance from the bar. I think Yasemine liked Savas, and when he started flirting with her it was very easy for her to ask him. Up to this point he is physically attracted to her and likes her demeanor. She left him and disappeared. He learned she was a virgin and was very surprised by this fact. So as a conclusion Savas didn’t take advantage of Yasemine that night. And Megi gave a wonderful explanation of the reasons why Omer was born.
Sitting at Cem’s bar he was mesmerized by her, surprised, happy that met her and spent time with her, but sad at the same time that she left. I think here at this point he starts to imagine her, daydreaming about her, and desperately looking for her. I also believe that for the whole year that he was looking for her he thought of her as somebody from the tales, and he called her Cinderella rightfully so. And if you think of it she came and disappeared like a Cinderella indeed. This was his spiritual love… And I also think that him being a ladies man he knew and felt on his heart of hearts that she was the one.

- I think Savas did change in the series. BUT, I don’t agree with the way (I think Scout and Efendi) describe his change, or the whole reasons of his change. We know his past as a ladies’ man, sexually active, working in Italy and spending his vacations in Turkey (I suppose), when he was single free of obligations, happy and fulfilled in his life. Now he met Yasemine and he changed, yes, he changed because of that, but he also changed because he had a huge burden on his shoulders, he had to run the family business that practically was in ruins and not existent, he had to deal with his mother and stupid traditions that ruined his life and forced him to marry his sister-in-law, had to deal with Ahmet Moran and Company. So, my point is that he wasn’t a free spirit anymore, of course he would change. But, I don’t think that his character changed. If you see the bar scene he is more like a free spirit, happy face, sparkling eyes. Slowly you see a change in his demeanor; he is more serious, speaks slowly, is very pensive most of the time. The weight of life.

- I wouldn’t change the bar/boat scenes at all. That scene gives a lot of “ooaa” moment to the play from the very beginning. I don’t think if they met in another way it would had been this beautiful show and had this effect. The drama created by the bar/boat scenes make the series very unique. I think the bar/boat scene are beautifully done, directing wise, script wise, music and everything.

-One last thing, this series is mainly written for the Turkish audience. So, the writers and the director wanted to create drama over social issues that are frown upon in Turkey and maybe some regional countries and not in the western culture. What makes it interesting is the clash of the cultures between different levels, and different characters. So, no matter what, we always will have questions. A nice parallel here: I was watching the last season of “Grey’s Anatomy” and went on the web to see if it would be another season. I read a blog (similar to ours). It seemed the show was on air in many countries. People were commenting about it. One said: “I don’t understand, and I think I will never do why Dr. Christina Yang didn’t want to be married to Dr.Burke?”.

Teşekkür ederim,
Later Ladies, güle güle!

Dafna

On the Ice

Hello Denner, When they first announced their engagement first thing that went through my mind was "the fight" Harry might have had to win his battle. Telling the truth I would had never thought to make similarities between the two couples like you did. Very interesting. Your post triggered my thoughts also: while I was assuming for his fight to protect her, I was thinking of similarities between the Queen and Sahnur. Sahnur fought and fought and fought and then gave up so to secure the future of her tribe. I think maybe, maybe the Queen gave up to protect the future of her dynasty, maybe?

NazAli

On the Ice
Mehraba Ladies,
A little late, but allow me to also elaborate on this discussion. Trying hard not to repeat said things, I will put out my thoughts.
First, I would say I wouldn’t add or drop a comma to NazAli’s and Megi’s discussion. Those are exactly my sentiments and my thoughts: not a word more on NazAli’s one-night stand thoughts and Megi’s explanation of Savas’s character and what and how everything happened that night.

But, I would like to add:
-We have discussed the boat and bar scene when we were talking about Savas’s love at first sight and some other times. And maybe some of the arguments we’ll be repetitive. My first thought is that, there is no way he took advantage of Yasemine that night. I don’t think there is a lag of judgment on his part. Not at all. I think first he got attracted to Yasemine by her beauty, then she started to dismiss him, rolled her eyes on him, responded with not too much grace or consideration, seen a little bit rude, stubborn and free spirit. Maybe someone he never encountered before. And he was very nice to her, not wanting to give her more drinks. If you recall the scene on details, when she asked him “to cut it short”, they locked their eyes and he stayed a bit surprised for couple of seconds (the very last moments of NE1), meaning that it didn’t cross his mind till that moment. And he was trying to understand her body language and reading her face after listening to what she said. His eyes go left and right trying very hard to grab the slightest sign and understanding from her face. Even on the boat he is hesitant and waiting for her. She goes back and forth. Maybe somehow drunk, but not that drunk so not to be responsible for her actions. And this wasn’t something she was used doing. When she leaves the boat and walks on the streest to go at her Mother’s house she looks pretty normal to me, not drunk, yes maybe a little bit. So, in my opinion she was fully aware of what she was doing.
- On the other side I don’t believe Yasemine went to the bar with the idea to sleep with someone. Not at all. She was very frustrated, mad, sad, feeling down and betrayed and thought to have some drinks to take the pain away. She thought to stop there on the way to her mother’s house, that I think was in a walking distance from the bar. I think Yasemine liked Savas, and when he started flirting with her it was very easy for her to ask him. Up to this point he is physically attracted to her and likes her demeanor. She left him and disappeared. He learned she was a virgin and was very surprised by this fact. So as a conclusion Savas didn’t take advantage of Yasemine that night. And Megi gave a wonderful explanation of the reasons why Omer was born.
Sitting at Cem’s bar he was mesmerized by her, surprised, happy that met her and spent time with her, but sad at the same time that she left. I think here at this point he starts to imagine her, daydreaming about her, and desperately looking for her. I also believe that for the whole year that he was looking for her he thought of her as somebody from the tales, and he called her Cinderella rightfully so. And if you think of it she came and disappeared like a Cinderella indeed. This was his spiritual love… And I also think that him being a ladies man he knew and felt on his heart of hearts that she was the one.

- I think Savas did change in the series. BUT, I don’t agree with the way (I think Scout and Efendi) describe his change, or the whole reasons of his change. We know his past as a ladies’ man, sexually active, working in Italy and spending his vacations in Turkey (I suppose), when he was single free of obligations, happy and fulfilled in his life. Now he met Yasemine and he changed, yes, he changed because of that, but he also changed because he had a huge burden on his shoulders, he had to run the family business that practically was in ruins and not existent, he had to deal with his mother and stupid traditions that ruined his life and forced him to marry his sister-in-law, had to deal with Ahmet Moran and Company. So, my point is that he wasn’t a free spirit anymore, of course he would change. But, I don’t think that his character changed. If you see the bar scene he is more like a free spirit, happy face, sparkling eyes. Slowly you see a change in his demeanor; he is more serious, speaks slowly, is very pensive most of the time. The weight of life.

- I wouldn’t change the bar/boat scenes at all. That scene gives a lot of “ooaa” moment to the play from the very beginning. I don’t think if they met in another way it would had been this beautiful show and had this effect. The drama created by the bar/boat scenes make the series very unique. I think the bar/boat scene are beautifully done, directing wise, script wise, music and everything.

-One last thing, this series is mainly written for the Turkish audience. So, the writers and the director wanted to create drama over social issues that are frown upon in Turkey and maybe some regional countries and not in the western culture. What makes it interesting is the clash of the cultures between different levels, and different characters. So, no matter what, we always will have questions. A nice parallel here: I was watching the last season of “Grey’s Anatomy” and went on the web to see if it would be another season. I read a blog (similar to ours). It seemed the show was on air in many countries. People were commenting about it. One said: “I don’t understand, and I think I will never do why Dr. Christina Yang didn’t want to be married to Dr.Burke?”.

Teşekkür ederim,
Later Ladies, güle güle!

Hey Dafna,

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments above.
They are right up my street. It is indeed true that other aspects in his life played a part in him having to change (grow up fast, take on responsibility), and also
the fact that he fell in love with Yasemin, and he obsessed about finding her for over a year.
I also agree about the way in which the show was written to speak on taboos etc,
it is also worth noting that later on when we get to better times towards the end, the meeting on the boat scene plays an
important role in the flash back which show us that their story had indeed gone full circle.

:hap10::hap10:

Meganda

Medalist
on a different note: I had wondered :scratch: what were the rectangular boxes on the living room pillar and on the corners of the walls at Yasemin's villa. They look like door postal mail slots: https://ibb.co/jzJtXd

It just dawned on me that they are the light switches to the room. As I realized that I remembered that later on Leyla turns off the lights in the living room right at that pillar on an upcoming episode when Yavuz invades her villa during the middle of the night.:dumb::hb: Another mystery for me solved!

Meganda

Medalist
on a different note: I had wondered :scratch: what were the rectangular boxes on the living room pillar and on the corners of the walls at Yasemin's villa. They look like door postal mail slots: https://ibb.co/jzJtXd

It just dawned on me that they are the light switches to the room. As I realized that I remembered that later on Leyla turns off the lights in the living room right at that pillar on an upcoming episode when Yavuz invades her villa during the middle of the night.:dumb::hb: Another mystery for me solved!

Yes, you get a better glimpse of them here: https://ibb.co/c5OcVy
but she turns on the lights with the security alarm system so not sure of the two on corner wall, probably 1 side is for the staris going downstairs, but the entranceway has its own that is ovverriden by the seccurity alarm system. That's my guess anyway.

Meganda

Medalist
Where can I buy Love and Punishment Season 2 with English subtitles? Thanks!

Merhaba Guzeli, contact Sophia at: [email protected] You will need to have a gmail.com address yourself. The cost is $2 per 1 1/2 hour episode. There are 39 such episodes in season 2. It starts with the episode the Netflix stopped with and then continues on. Stay in touch with us if you make the purchase. We'd love to hear from you. You can purchase them 10 episodes at a time if you wish. Our best to you.

NazAli

On the Ice

You're funny girl.:laugh:
That was the first thing i thought when I saw them, light switches.:love:
And yes you're right you can integrate your lights with the Security alarm.

NazAli

On the Ice
Meganda,

Do you have the list of episodes per member? I remember there were some changes.
I think I'm meant to do 33 or 34 but don't quote me on that.
Do you have the current list?

cok tesekkurler :)