Love and Punishment | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Scout12

On the Ice
Hi everyone. Dafna, thanks for the recommendation - I'm watching “Sultan of my Heart” now. Sweet story – I’m enjoying. Thanks for posting the link too - it helps. I read about the lead actress learning Turkish in 2 months too. Wow, good for her - some people pick up languages so quickly. She's a good actress, isn’t she – her face and eyes are very expressive.

I just finished LP season 2 again recently. Can't remember which episode it was - it's after Savas and Yasemin have married. Sahnur is giving Yasemin some advice - she says something like "if you give Savas advice and it comes from your heart, it can never be wrong". I call her Sahnur 2.0 here – unlike before, she's no longer interfering and letting Savas complete his plan, and she's accepted Yasemin. Sahnur has grown to really appreciate and love her. But IMO - your heart can lead you into a world of trouble if you're not also using your head. But that’s the basis for the story of Yasemin and Savas, isn't it – against all reason he followed his heart, as he says “chased” after a woman he knew nothing about. The fairy tale of Savas and Yasemin lead to marriage and happily ever after. So there you go. Every time I watch LP, I find new things that catch my attention. Lot’s still to discuss.

NazAli

On the Ice
Denner45, can you post the links to the other episodes after 8 of Sultani Kilbimin, I can’t find them anywhere???

Dafna

On the Ice
I’ll search for this Sultan one.... are there really only 8 episodes?

Mehraba, my apologies for not answering back to you Denner and NazAli. "Sultan of my Heart" has 8 episodes. I really don't understand why they didn't translate Episode 7, when they took the time to translate seven other episodes. What I did, I watched all the pieces of videos with translation I could find, and then watched the full episode without translation. The Understanding from the videos and my broken Turkish gave me a good understanding of the story. I be more than happy to share it with you, if you have any question about any dialogue on this episode. And Denner is right it is full of action. Denner I didn't find other episodes beyond episode 8. Would you please attach the links for these other episodes that you found?

Sultan of My heart, Episode 8, the Final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Pq_4kfZWc

Dafna

On the Ice
I have been watching High Society (Yukses Sosyete). It has 26 episodes, I am on episode 19. I like it. I can compare it with LP and Dolunay. It has a minus that some episodes are not translated. But the story pulls you in so it's impossible to let it go. :) It tells for two parallell love stories: rich girl meets poor guy and rich guy meets poor girl, all friends with each other. Here is a link of the first episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlqqIuWbJcw

Dafna

On the Ice

NazAli

On the Ice
Thanks for this Denner , I tend to watch the ones even without translations ... trying to improve my Turkish and try to get the jist of what is going on based on previous episodes. I saw that there are short trailers of episode 9 and 10 those are not on YouTube yet. :(

NazAli

On the Ice
Thanks for this, I have a play list on my Spotify that has all the songs in dolunay and also LP and Fazilet Hanum Ve Kizlari. Especially the fact that the last episode of Dolunay was a concert of sorts 😎😊

Dafna

On the Ice
Dafna didn't 8 end with her being shot?

Yes Denner. That was my understanding, it ends with Anna being shot. But you mentioned that there is more after that. I went and checked carefully and I couldn’t find anything beyond ep 8.

Dafna

On the Ice
I am loving “High Society”, it is beautiful. As the episodes go the show becomes more and more interesting. I kind of binged watched it this past weekend. The main actors who play Kerem and Cansu are really good, and they have a good chemistry with each other. Give it a try. I promise I’ll help you with the translation. I have been learning Turkish all these months, and I think I am at a good level now. I want to discuss the show with you. In some levels reminds me LP: the lovers hide a major secret between them, such a secret that tips the scale of their relationship (Yasi keeping Omer a secret), there is a brutal mother (another Sahnur), hidden bad deeds in the business and of course an unconditional love and couple of other things...

Something funny/interesting that I forgot to write yesterday: I don’t know if you remember Nazli at Dolunay mentioned couple of times that her scrambled eggs or omlete were really good and fluffy because she put some yogurt in it. I tried my scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of yogurt. It was delicious. You got to try it. :love::love::love:

Dafna

On the Ice
Ok. I'll try to find them . do not watch adini Sen koy. Omg. It's a great story up to episode 366. Yes 366. Then the 2 main characters are supposedly killed in a fire. So episode 367 picks up with many new characters. I almost lost my mind. I found out that the two main characters contracts were up so they wrote them out. So very stupid. I bet the people who watched it went crazy. From now on I'm going to the end first so as not to waste my time and emotions.

Denner, thanks for clarifying this. Now when I look for new shows I check the number of episodes first. Telling the truth I don’t have the patience to go through these lengthy ones.

NazAli

On the Ice
My dear Denner45, I can imagine what you must feel like. It’s such a sloppy excuse to say that and give it as a plot twist. I wish we could complain directly to the writers and show producers. Still disappointed when I remember that they did the same to intersection. Thanks for the warning ⚠️ though, it’s so appreciated.

NazAli

On the Ice
I remember Nazli adding yogurt to the eggs, that’s something I’ll not experience as I don’t eat eggs but I will try it on my family. 😃😜

NazAli

On the Ice
I support this notion, double checking whether the main characters are still alive at the end of the episode and whether there are smiles 😃😊. This might be an indication that the show ended well if not decent enough.

Question:
Would it be an idea to finish LP final season so that it can be good to compare it with the new Show that Dafna suggests? Just a thought.

Gule gule.

Dafna

On the Ice
Daphne yes the show went beyond 8. I was so upset because that was an odd way to end it. It really ended well. I searched and searched until I found it. All was translated. I have to search again. I will let u know

Denner dear, please attach the link here if you can. It wasn’t fair that it ended like that. I can’t wait to watch a nice ending of this show. I guess their love remains a platonic one.

Scout12

On the Ice
I just finished “Eugenie Nights”. It’s on Netflix. The lead actress from “Secret of the Nile” is in this one as well. It’s an Egyptian production I think, TV series - 30 episodes. The story has some really good twists and turns in the last 10 episodes – and yes, there are some “comforting” resolutions at the end. (That’s vague because I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t watched yet.)

I think the main themes are family relationships, friendships, and love. Without giving too much away, there’s a scene where one of the protagonists talks about what it felt like to fall in love. Later this character talks about the death of a loved one – grief, how some people cope. The writers used soliloquies throughout the series; it’s just exquisite writing. I read an article about the challenges of translating - sometimes there aren’t equivalent words from one language to another, and often to understand a word or saying you need familiarity with the culture. Who ever translated Eugenie Nights from Arabic to English – well done. LP is still my favorite, but I REALLY enjoyed Eugenie Nights and I’ll definitely be watching it again.

I stopped watching “Sultan of my Heart” when I couldn’t find that one episode with English subtitles. After watching LP I understand a few basic words in Turkish, but I’ll always be lost without English subtitles. Thanks again for the recommendations. And for posting links too – really helps.

NazAli

On the Ice
I just finished “Eugenie Nights”. It’s on Netflix. The lead actress from “Secret of the Nile” is in this one as well. It’s an Egyptian production I think, TV series - 30 episodes. The story has some really good twists and turns in the last 10 episodes – and yes, there are some “comforting” resolutions at the end. (That’s vague because I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t watched yet.)

I think the main themes are family relationships, friendships, and love. Without giving too much away, there’s a scene where one of the protagonists talks about what it felt like to fall in love. Later this character talks about the death of a loved one – grief, how some people cope. The writers used soliloquies throughout the series; it’s just exquisite writing. I read an article about the challenges of translating - sometimes there aren’t equivalent words from one language to another, and often to understand a word or saying you need familiarity with the culture. Who ever translated Eugenie Nights from Arabic to English – well done. LP is still my favorite, but I REALLY enjoyed Eugenie Nights and I’ll definitely be watching it again.

I stopped watching “Sultan of my Heart” when I couldn’t find that one episode with English subtitles. After watching LP I understand a few basic words in Turkish, but I’ll always be lost without English subtitles. Thanks again for the recommendations. And for posting links too – really helps.

Dear Scout,

I really liked the secret of the Nile so I will definitely check out the suggestion here of “Eugenie Nights”.

On another note, I may have said it before, (hint hint :yahoo:) I would also highly recommend watching Fazilet Hanum Ve Kizlari, it’s on YouTube and at times has some funny/weird translations but for the most part as we have been watching Turkish series, one can decipher the intent of what is being said.