Nana Araki | Golden Skate

Nana Araki

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Nana Araki (Japanese: 荒木 菜那) is a ladies' single skater who represents Japan. She was born 5 March 2002 in Higashiura. Her coach is Yuko Monna and she has had programs choreographed by Cathy Reed and Kenji Miyamoto. She started skating in 2008 and represents the Chukyo Senior High School SC. When she is not skating, she enjoys cooking.

Nana is Japanese National Junior silver (2019) and bronze (2018) medalist. At an international level, she is the winner of the 2018 Challenge Cup and a silver medalist of the 2017 JGP in Minsk.

ISU Bio
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054892.htm

Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_Araki

Rinkresults entry
http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=11876

TypeScoreCompetition
Personal Best Total Score181.80ISU JGP Chelyabinsk 2019
Personal Best Score Short Program63.06ISU JGP Armenian Cup 2018
Personal Best Score Free Skating122.75ISU JGP Chelyabinsk 2019

TypeScoreCompetition
Personal Best Total Score183.00ISU JGP Egna Neumarkt 2017
Personal Best Score Short Program64.57ISU JGP Egna Neumarkt 2017
Personal Best Score Free Skating120.02ISU JGP Egna Neumarkt 2017

Programs and Videos

2021/2022
No Video Found

2020/2021

SP: "That Man" by Caro Emerald
FS: "Nausicaä" by Joe Hisaishi; choreo by Mari Araya (SP), Miki Ando (FS)

2019/2020
SP: "Destino" from "The Princess' Man" (Korean Drama); choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
FS: "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind"; choreo by Miki Ando

2020 Inter-High Figure Skating Women's Qualifying B

2019 JGP Chelyabinsk
2019 JGP Courchevel, France

2018/2019
SP: "Bei mir bist du schoen" by Sholom Secunda
FS: "Once Upon a Dream" by Sammy Fain, performed by Lana del Rey
Ex: "Everybody Want to Be a Cat"

2019 Japanese Nationals

2019 Japanese Junior National Championships
SP: no video found
2018 JGP Armenian Cup, Yerevan
2018 JGP Czech Skate, Ostrava

2017/2018
SP: "Bei mir bist du schoen" by Sholom Secunda
FS: "Queen Seondeok"

2018 Challenge Cup

Japanese Nationals 2018
SP: *account of video terminated*
Japanese Junior Nationals 2018
JGP 2017 Minsk Arena Cup
JGP 2017 Egna Neumarkt, Italy
2015/2016
2015 Japanese Junior Nationals​

Competitive Results

Galas and Exhibition
Everybody Want to Be a Cat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tklbUw3Xwo
July 2018 - Dreams on Ice 2018 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaxsAUreCfY

Articles and Interviews

Last edited by a moderator:

Ender

Match Penalty
Count me up as a fan. Her toe jumps are so pure. And that Lutz...

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I'm joining the fanclub as well. It's not only about her gorgeous lutz, she is generally excellent skater with great presence on ice who can wonderfully project towards public. I was mesmerised during the whole performance. And final spin was superb

Kara

Final Flight
I've also become a fan.:clap: Her lutz is AMAZING! Love a good lutz, especially ones with both height and distance! Her layback is also sooo good with the gradual rise of her elbow to the one handed biellman; such a good finish to her FS. SP choreography is by Cathy Reed while FS choreography is by Kenji Miyamoto who did a fantastic job. So switched from the ones listed in her ISU profile. Her FS music is from the drama Queen Seondeok which I was a huge fan of.:laugh: Huzzah for more unique music choices!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It's hard to imagine: for last year, Nana didn't even make it to the Japanese Junior National...She was one place away to make it to the free skating in Western Sectional. So this podium finish at Minsk came as a surprise; no one has any idea about how she'd perform. Congratulations to Nana and look forward to see her in the 2nd JGP assignment. (Interestingly, Yoko Mona is the very first coach to both Mao and Miki. Some twitter commented that her toe-jump entries are quite similar to Miki's and Mao's. And in some interviews Nana says she was inspired by Mao's Bei mir bist du schoen performance to pick the SP music.)

Tulipstar

Medalist
I've also become a fan.:clap: Her lutz is AMAZING! Love a good lutz, especially ones with both height and distance! Her layback is also sooo good with the gradual rise of her elbow to the one handed biellman; such a good finish to her FS. SP choreography is by Cathy Reed while FS choreography is by Kenji Miyamoto who did a fantastic job. So switched from the ones listed in her ISU profile. Her FS music is from the drama Queen Seondeok which I was a huge fan of.:laugh: Huzzah for more unique music choices!

Yeah, that's a great drama! (It's about a Queen who ruled one of the kingdoms in what's now Korea, for those who are interested).

I didn't even know Nana, but am a fan now. Hope she keeps this up!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Never heard of Nana before yesterday but I will be keeping my eye on her. She's still a little rough around the edges on certain things like presentation and projection but those jumps. Dayum.

risingtrot

On the Ice
I see a rising star in her the same way I saw a rising star in Shoma few years back. Hope she will continue to do well.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I'm joining this fanclub too. Magnificent talent :love:

I also don't understand why she didn't win in Minsk...

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I'm joining this fanclub too. Magnificent talent :love:

I also don't understand why she didn't win in Minsk...

Because Sasha was better...?
I love them both. Sasha's one of my favorite Russian junior ladies. Nana's probably my favorite Japanese skater overall after Satoko and Wakaba.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Because Sasha was better...?
I love them both. Sasha's one of my favorite Russian junior ladies. Nana's probably my favorite Japanese skater overall after Satoko and Wakaba.

Maybe slightly higher technical base content, but was she really better in artistry?

SP
69.72 41.78
62.98 36.67

5 point PCS lead? Really?

And even despite that, her jumps deserved much higher GOEs than Trusova's, so the TCS should be much closer. Notice how in the LP her stellar combo with the lutz barely received any GOE from most judges, even though ONE judge gave her a +2. Some of her spins were also lowballed in GOE. Her program was also clean and completely free of mistakes, with perfectly executed jumps. The staggering difference in PCS with Trusova who also fell in the LP is unwarranted. We've all seen this before IMO. :rolleye:

Hopefully Araki will be undeterred by the underscoring and inspired to work even harder.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Maybe slightly higher technical base content, but was she really better in artistry?

SP
69.72 41.78
62.98 36.67

5 point PCS lead? Really?

And even despite that, her jumps deserved much higher GOEs than Trusova's, so the TCS should be much closer. Notice how in the LP her stellar combo with the lutz barely received any GOE from most judges, even though ONE judge gave her a +2. Some of her spins were also lowballed in GOE. Her program was also clean and completely free of mistakes, with perfectly executed jumps. The staggering difference in PCS with Trusova who also fell in the LP is unwarranted. We've all seen this before IMO. :rolleye:

Hopefully Araki will be undeterred by the underscoring and inspired to work even harder.

Wait what??
Juniors got above 35 for PCS this season???

nervosa

On the Ice
Nana skated in Ostrava last week and placed 5th. Apparently she is coming back from some kind of illness.

She's kept her short program from last year, and her new free program is to "Once Upon a Dream", performed by Lana del Rey. I enjoyed both programs, but I think she was a bit underscored. Her free program dress is gorgeous.

short / free

gotoschool

Medalist
I enjoyed Nana's performances and considering how wonderful her jumps and one handed Biellmann were, she was obviously underscored.

nervosa

On the Ice
I enjoyed Nana's performances and considering how wonderful her jumps and one handed Biellmann were, she was obviously underscored.

Yes, I think so too. To me, she's close to Kostornaia in most PCS except PE and IN, I feel she should have had at least 7-8 points more total. And her elements all deserved more GOE, especially her 3lz and 3lz-3t.

I took a look at the entries for Yerevan, I don't follow juniors too much but it seems the strong contenders are Trusova and Kanysheva. So maybe Nana will medal? I hope she does well there :)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Yes, I think so too. To me, she's close to Kostornaia in most PCS except PE and IN, I feel she should have had at least 7-8 points more total. And her elements all deserved more GOE, especially her 3lz and 3lz-3t.

I took a look at the entries for Yerevan, I don't follow juniors too much but it seems the strong contenders are Trusova and Kanysheva. So maybe Nana will medal? I hope she does well there :)

I definitely think she can medal, probably bronze at this point, but any medal is a good medal :)

nervosa

On the Ice
A nice gifset from Nana's short yesterday (✿◡‿◡)

She's in third right now, so it looks like she may win bronze :) I liked her performance, she had a nice smile through most of it and a bit of extra energy that I think she was missing before. Technical panel imagined something on her flip unfortunately. Good luck to her!