Pairing up single skaters into ice dance | Golden Skate

Pairing up single skaters into ice dance

Ender

Match Penalty
Just a fun topic, have you ever thought of single skaters pair up and try out some ice dance routines?

How about we take single men and ladies, pair each of them up, maybe we will have some very interesting teams.

There might be some criteria should be met:
- Their heights should match
- Their looks should match
- Their skating should be comparable

What do you think?

I would like to pair Patrick Chan with Yuna Kim, maybe he is strong enough to lift her. They skated together before in Korea if I remember correctly. Anyone give us video links? Thanks

Javier Fernandez with Miki Ando... they did skate together several times, didn't they? Anyone provide us with the videos, thanks.

How about Jeremy Abbot and Carolina Kostner? They're both tall and their skating skills are exquisite.

Adam Rippon and Ashley Wagner can make a good team.

Jason Brown and Gracie Gold

Nathan Chen and Mai Mihara (well I think they look good together).

Jeffrey Buttle and Mao Asada (this is obvious as they have collaborated with each other many times).

this team might be interesting: Yuzuru Hanyu and Evgenia Medvedeva. But I am afraid he is too fast and she is too slow for him. But their looks and long lines match each other very well

Denis Ten and Satoko Miyahara, for some reason I feel their skating are alike.

Which skaters you feel that they might look good together on ice?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ice Dance Coach Carol Lane a couple years ago, said on TV (it was during a grand prix I think) she wants to pair Shoma and Satoko ;)

i think it would be cute

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick has been asked at various times who he would pick to pair up with and I believe he has mentioned Yuna, Alissa, and Tessa at different times. He has actually skated with Yuna and Katia. Is this a question posed to single skaters often?

Ender

Match Penalty
Patrick has been asked at various times who he would pick to pair up with and I believe he has mentioned Yuna, Alissa, and Tessa at different times. He has actually skated with Yuna and Katia. Is this a question posed to single skaters often?
Cause pair and ice dance already have their partners. I would like a fun competition in which they pair up single skaters together. Would be fun!

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Ice Dance Coach Carol Lane a couple years ago, said on TV (it was during a grand prix I think) she wants to pair Shoma and Satoko ;)

i think it would be cute

Shoma and Satoko would be the cutest!

And I agree I would like to see Yuzuru and Evgenia, they have long lines and they are the reigning WR holders! And how about Nathan Chen and Alina Zagitova, who are both known for crazy jumps? I wonder what they would look like without!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
this team might be interesting: Yuzuru Hanyu and Evgenia Medvedeva. But I am afraid he is too fast and she is too slow for him. But their looks and long lines match each other very well

i completely forgot to comment on this part - i would love to see this!
their builds are very complimentary i would think, though you're right about the speed. still i think he could adjust. we know zhenya would like to try so one of my wishes for a show, or a gala, is just this!

Warwick360

Medalist
When I saw this thread, all i could think of was Zijun. Don't know who I'd pair her up with though. She's lithe, pretty immaculate at her best and I think i could see her synching well in pairs.

The next name that popped in head was Satoko. For someone who rotates at such a small jump height like she does, I wonder how she'd be with assistance from someone who truly can throw her up in the air.

Edit: OOPSSS!!!!....I thought this was a thread for a fictional pairing for Pairs. :palmf::slink:

penguin

On the Ice
Shoma and Satoko would be awesome. They're both such smooth skaters with great knee bend, and great skating skills. Would be an interesting dance team.

Now that Zijun is mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing her in dance, either. She's so lovely, but always strikes me as having very little power/energy -- just think how beautiful she could skate if she only had dance to think about and not all those jumps. I'd like to see her with someone with a subtle and detailed skating style to match her. Joshua Farris?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Just a fun topic, have you ever thought of single skaters pair up and try out some ice dance routines?

How about we take single men and ladies, pair each of them up, maybe we will have some very interesting teams.

There might be some criteria should be met:
- Their heights should match
- Their looks should match
- Their skating should be comparable

What do you think?

I would like to pair Patrick Chan with Yuna Kim, maybe he is strong enough to lift her. They skated together before in Korea if I remember correctly. Anyone give us video links? Thanks

Javier Fernandez with Miki Ando... they did skate together several times, didn't they? Anyone provide us with the videos, thanks.

How about Jeremy Abbot and Carolina Kostner? They're both tall and their skating skills are exquisite.

Adam Rippon and Ashley Wagner can make a good team.

Jason Brown and Gracie Gold

Nathan Chen and Mai Mihara (well I think they look good together).

Jeffrey Buttle and Mao Asada (this is obvious as they have collaborated with each other many times).

Denis Ten and Satoko Miyahara, for some reason I feel their skating are alike.

Which skaters you feel that they might look good together on ice?

Jeremy Abbott actually used to be an ice dancer and competed in the Juvenile ranks. The last person I would pair him with would be Caro.

(He also competed in pairs at one point too).

Ender

Match Penalty
Jeremy Abbott actually used to be an ice dancer and competed in the Juvenile ranks. The last person I would pair him with would be Caro.

(He also competed in pairs at one point too).
Why you think Abbot and Kostner shouldn't skate together? Both of them have great skating skills. Their looks might not match very well. But currently I can't think of any lady with parallel skating skills with Abbot.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Why you think Abbot and Kostner shouldn't skate together? Both of them have great skating skills. Their looks might not match very well. But currently I can't think of any lady with parallel skating skills with Abbot.

That's because there isn't one unless they're already an ice dancer. Yuka Sato would work and they've proven so skating together in shows.

We won't talk about why I don't think Caro pairs with him. :sarcasm:

That will be all.