Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

SKY1118

Rinkside
Country
Olympic
I loved how during the awards ceremony, Harley looked like he had no idea what was happening, and how Katia jumped onto the podium without congratulating the other medallists.

Yes these two are too cute :) They are going to get used to the award ceremony ;)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Do you know what I also love about them? When Harley Katia and Andrei Pachin put both hands up to wave in the kiss and cry after a good result.
Andrei looks like he had been waiting forever for a solid pair team to coach.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Do you know what I also love about them? When Harley Katia and Andrei Pachin put both hands up to wave in the kiss and cry after a good result. Andrei looks like he had been waiting forever for a solid pair team to coach.

Same. Back in the day, Pachin coached a very promising junior team, Bethany McLean and Adam King. Sadly, they only stayed together for a season.

pooh91

Rinkside
I've been a fan of them since last season and had the opportunity to see them live in Helsinki and again last week at Nebelhorn Trophy. Of course I was overjoyed for their 3rd place finish :)

If I might share these lovely photos of them I took last Friday outside the building right after the pairs event ended :luv17:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I wonder why they don’t go to senior?

If your question is why they did not choose to compete in the senior GP series, then you are pouring salt into a wound :roll5:.

They WANTED to compete in the senior GP series.

The real question is why they did not receive any GP invitation.

The choice was not theirs.

GF2445

Record Breaker
They're off to the junior grand prix final again!!! :)
Congratulations guys. Not the easiest skate for them, however, considering what they achieved last week, it got the job done.

Baxel

Rinkside
Very very nice

- - - Updated - - -

I've been a fan of them since last season and had the opportunity to see them live in Helsinki and again last week at Nebelhorn Trophy. Of course I was overjoyed for their 3rd place finish :)

If I might share these lovely photos of them I took last Friday outside the building right after the pairs event ended :luv17:
very very nice.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Potential scheduling conflict ahoy...

Grand Prix Final: 7-10 December (Japan)
Australian Nationals: 1-8 December...

frida80

Record Breaker

:sad21:

I hoe they can manage both. They've come so far to have something this stop them.

GF2445

Record Breaker

Yes, that needs to be fixed.

And for the first time, instead of holding pairs earlier in the week, they have scheduled to hold the pairs events at the end of the championships, with all the other 3 senior divisions. On paper a reasonable decision but not when the grand prix final is the next day.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, that needs to be fixed.

And for the first time, instead of holding pairs earlier in the week, they have scheduled to hold the pairs events at the end of the championships, with all the other 3 senior divisions. On paper a reasonable decision but not when the grand prix final is the next day.

I'd say the original schedule wasn't designed with that in mind. They moved the pairs events last year; they could do it again this year, and with more notice, too. Since Paris/Matthew and Jessica/Ryan are based in Brisbane, and I don't think there are any other Junior/Senior pairs, it may not be a totally dreadful exercise.

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to give Katia and Harley a bye, but that would be a bit of a bummer.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'd say the original schedule wasn't designed with that in mind. They moved the pairs events last year; they could do it again this year, and with more notice, too. Since Paris/Matthew and Jessica/Ryan are based in Brisbane, and I don't think there are any other Junior/Senior pairs, it may not be a totally dreadful exercise.

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to give Katia and Harley a bye, but that would be a bit of a bummer.

It would be nice for them to win the actual title, not just get a bye to Olympics (fingers crossed) and worlds.

paravolar

On the Ice
Katia got the Australian citizenship.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/10/20/question-mark-over-bright-winter-games

Speaking after the team uniform launch on Friday, Chesterman also confirmed that figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya received Australian citizenship on Monday and would be eligible to compete for her adopted country.

Alexandrovskaya paired with Harley Windsor and won the world junior championship earlier this year before sealing a Pyeongchang qualifying spot for Australia late last month.

They would now seem like the obvious pairing to be nominated for Australia for the Games.

There was no official announcement in regards to Alexandrovskaya's expedited citizenship, the AOC perhaps burned by the 2010 experience with Tatiana Borodulina.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*overexcited giggleshrieks*

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Katia got the Australian citizenship.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/10/20/question-mark-over-bright-winter-games

Speaking after the team uniform launch on Friday, Chesterman also confirmed that figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya received Australian citizenship on Monday and would be eligible to compete for her adopted country.

Alexandrovskaya paired with Harley Windsor and won the world junior championship earlier this year before sealing a Pyeongchang qualifying spot for Australia late last month.

They would now seem like the obvious pairing to be nominated for Australia for the Games.

There was no official announcement in regards to Alexandrovskaya's expedited citizenship, the AOC perhaps burned by the 2010 experience with Tatiana Borodulina.

Oh I remembered Tatiana. There was hype that she could win short track medals in Vancouver, then she didn't, then she returned to Russia.

Also, quote from 'The Australian'

"Australia will welcome its first indigenous Winter Olympian in South Korea next year thanks to 17-year-old Russian-born figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya, who gained her Australian citizenship in Sydney this week.

Alexandrovskaya and her indigenous partner Harley Windsor are the world junior pairs champions and qualified for the Olympic Games in Germany last month, but he would not have been able to go to the Games without her.

The approval of Alexandrovskaya’s citizenship was the last hurdle to clear for the young duo, who have taken the figure-skating world by storm since they were matched by their respective coaches in Moscow two years ago.

In March this year they became the first Australians to win a figure-skating world title.

Olympic Winter Institute spokeswoman and former national figure-skating champion Belinda Noonan said Alexandrovskaya, known as Katya, had received notice only on Tuesday that her citizenship had been approved. A ceremony was held at the Immigration Department in Sydney two days later.

They are likely to be among the first Australian athletes to be ­officially selected next month, in what will eventually be a 50-strong Olympic team. Most of the team will be named in late January. The Games begin in PyeongChang on February 9.

The Australian Olympic Committee revealed the team’s formal uniform, designed by Total Image, in Sydney yesterday."