Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was quite disappointed when I saw they were second too :laugh: I thought they were better than Cain/Le Duc but obviously I'm extremeltly biased.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Don't know too much about Katia and Harley (saw WJC last year) but I just wanted to pop in and say that their elements are ridiculous and their future is super bright! Also totally thought they should've been ahead of C/LD, but what can you do....

Super excited to keep tabs on them for the next couple of years and see where they end up :)

And karne, keep stanning. ;)

musicfan80

Medalist
I think they have a lot of promise in the next Olympic quad. Hopefully they will do well at the Olympics and Worlds and have a great learning experience. :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:sad14:

They looked more nervous in the warm up. Not sure what happened in the lift. Did Katia get the foot through when he hadn't locked his arm yet? It seemed more rushed than due to a lack of strength.

It looked like her boot clipped his arm as she put it through, which put him off, and then the whole thing came down.

I'm so freaking angry about that result. They got dumped ridiculously hard. It's so unfair.

GF2445

Record Breaker
It looked like her boot clipped his arm as she put it through, which put him off, and then the whole thing came down.

I'm so freaking angry about that result. They got dumped ridiculously hard. It's so unfair.

Did you listen to the eurosport commentary?They completely blasted these two. It was horrible.

No worries. These two in two weeks will be back and better than ever.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice

The frustrating thing is if the lift had worked, they would have had enough points for the bronze medal.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They're literally showing a report on Harley and Katia on the ABC news right now!

Awesoooome! :D :agree:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope Harley and Katia will inspire more Australian kids to take up skates ng and other winter sports! It is a great story!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
7 presented Harley's parents with plane tickets so they can go watch him at the Olympics! :yay:

They look so happy and relaxed and ready!

paravolar

On the Ice
Winter Olympics: Harley Windsor’s historic moments awaits

Harley Windsor’s Olympic experience started not quite the way he imagined, with a series of dramas on the first training session at the PyeongChang Olympic ice skating arena, including a flustered partner and no music.

Windsor has been honoured with a front row marching position as the first winter athlete of Aboriginal heritage and will walk behind flag-bearer Scotty James at tonight’s opening ceremony, propelling him to international media attention in the hours before his practice.

The 21-year-old found the Olympic training experience a bit tougher than the prospect of international attention, rushing onto the ice five minutes after his pairs partner, the ex-Russian Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya, was left waiting for their short on-ice Olympic practice.

Observers said Alexandrovskaya was 10 minutes late onto the ice and Windsor a further five minutes behind. But their shortened session descended into farce when organisers could not find their music and they had to do some of their routine without the accompaniment.
Windsor, who grew up in the western Sydney suburb of Rooty Hill, only came across skating by accident.
His mother had taken a wrong turn and pulled into the Blacktown McDonald’s carpark to find her bearings. A nine-year-old Harley discovered the ice rink across the road, asked if he could give it a try and discovered he was a natural.

He revealed how Cathy Freeman’s compelling victory in the 400m at the Sydney Olympics — when he was just four — had left a lasting impression.
In Korea yesterday, he spoke proudly of his Aboriginal heritage. His mother Josie is from Welwyn and Gamilaraay people and grew up near Gulargambone in western NSW. His father Peter Dahlstrom is from Moree of Gamilaraay and Ngarrable descent but also has Swedish blood.

“I grew up in an Aboriginal community, I have done Aboriginal dancing since the time I could walk, it is all I know,’’ said Windsor, who is the youngest of nine children.

He said he always returns to his Aboriginal roots. “I have always embraced it, it is part of me and it is what has made me today,’’ he said.
Coach Andrei Pachin, who helped bring Windsor and Alexandrovskaya together several years ago, looked most displeased yesterday with their chaotic first session on the ice.

Alexandrovskaya even fell once and looked out of sorts in what was described as “a lame practice’’, unusual for the pair who have been in such form they won the junior grand prix final at the end of last year.

But an Australian Olympic team spokesperson said there was no chaos and the session was “quick, in order to feel the ice’’.

They have a full training tomorrow to prepare for their short program which will be held on Wednesday and their long program on Thursday.