Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin

The Finn

Record Breaker
Yeah, I get why they're trying it at the moment but in the FS for example they actually got a full point less for their twist than A/K did. If they can do it cleanly with a good level and a positive GOE it might help them catch M/G in the final and could provide a buffer for jumping errors but if they do the quad twist the way they did it here and A/K go clean then they could end up in 3rd place.

If I were them I'd save it for Russian Senior Nats. They won't get on the podium there anyway (most likely) and it will get everyone talking about them even more.

I would go with the triple twist also because we need to remember that they got 8.31 points for their 3Tw4 twist in JGP Czech Skate and they would need to have a really consistent and good quad twist to top that. Otherwise it is not worth it.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I don't know about that. At 5th stage of Russian Cup they receiced 7.52 points for their 3Tw3 in SP but only 6.62 points for their 4Tw2 in FS. So, they should really think hard if it is indeed beneficial to do a quad twist in FS.

True

serephy

On the Ice
Very well done to Polina and Dmitrii!

I wonder if they will go for the quad twist in the FS after all...it is in their planned content. They have the lead right now and will get to skate last so maybe they'll adjust their layout depending on how Mishina/Galliamov score.

Also I hope he didn't hurt his lip too badly...I wonder if perhaps her knee made contact during the lift dismount?

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder if they will go for the quad twist in the FS after all...it is in their planned content. They have the lead right now and will get to skate last so maybe they'll adjust their layout depending on how Mishina/Galliamov score.

It is possible to do that but I wonder if it is common that skaters would follow how the other skaters/teams are scoring? I have a general view that it is a lot more common to concentrate on your doing and not to follow others at all but I have no concrete evidence on how skaters in general will approach this matter.

serephy

On the Ice
It is possible to do that but I wonder if it is common that skaters would follow how the other skaters/teams are scoring? I have a general view that it is a lot more common to concentrate on your doing and not to follow others at all but I have no concrete evidence on how skaters in general will approach this matter.

I would imagine that it wouldn't be Kostiukovich/Ialin following the scores but their coach, but you're probably right. I guess any adjustments to the plan (which currently includes the quad twist) will be made first thing tomorrow morning so they can do a proper run through.

I have a feeling that they didn't expect to be leading here after the SP and I just wonder if it might make them reconsider including the twist.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I would imagine that it wouldn't be Kostiukovich/Ialin following the scores but their coach, but you're probably right.

Yeah, but both M/G and K/I are part of the same training group, so the coaches will know how M/G have done obviously but what is not known if K/I would want to know how M/G did. I would guess that skaters/teams rarely asks about how other skaters/pairs did right before their own FS but that is just a guess.

neusw

On the Ice
Was at the JFPF today and it was my first time seeing any of the junior pairs. I have to say I was absolutely shocked at how good their skating skills are. Their edges are so smooth and silent, it was honestly better than many of the senior ice dancers. They both need to work on jump/throw jump landings, but wow were their skating skills impressive

The Finn

Record Breaker
That was a superb FS and a superb competition. They actually scored better than what the World junior record was before JGP Final started but still it wasn't enough to win.

Russian Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds will be super interesting to watch.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As they should. B/K might have the inside lane for the 3rd Euros and Worlds spot but it should be very interesting battle over bronze medal between B/K, P/K, M/G and K/I.

They can battle for bronze, but no chance for Euros since K/I don't have the Sr tech minimums.

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
K/I reminds me of S/K in a way. Especially Kostiukovich to Stolbova. Bodysuits and style of programs that are not normally the standard ‘Russian’ style etc. But I am glad that they seem to have a better and ‘harmonious’ relationship than S/K. Love these two, they are so sweet and don’t want them to ever split up.