Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin

LadyB

Record Breaker
Polina and Dima have split up!

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1084231019.html?from=main-news-fs

Google translation:

Russian skater Polina Kostyukovich reported that they and Dmitry Yalin, the sports couple broke up.

“We are no longer with Dmitry Yalin. We walked with you a difficult, but such a beautiful path. But it so happened that now he will have his own. It was reliable with you, your kindness and care are priceless to me. I am grateful to you for your support, for your courage and patience to endure my not very simple character.

I will never forget our successful starts, indescribable emotions and cool trips!

Life goes on, ”Kostyukovich wrote.

Kostyukovich and Yalin are silver and bronze medalists of the World Cup among juniors, silver medalists of the Junior Grand Prix Final, winners and medalists of the GP stages among juniors.

icetug

Medalist
I felt it coming lately but I wanted so much they wouldn't split!

:cry:

They were my favourite junior pair for such a long time that I can't even imagine pairs competition without them (with no hope they return...).

Is there a chance they continue with new partners?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Polina excused herself for having 'a difficult character', so the pair staying together (or the coach making them get together again) seems unlikely to me.

When there is no chemistry between the pair members, there is no performance.

We'll see what happens over the off-season and who will return with whom come next season Open Test Skates.

hanca

Record Breaker
From Russian forum, Polina is currently skating with Bushlanov, who skated last season with Osipova.
Yalin skates with Valeria Ponosova, who is a Pair skater, but wasn’t competing at Russian cups last season.

icetug

Medalist
That must have been an awful fall. Training with a new inexperienced partner, or a domestic accident??

From Russian forum, Polina is currently skating with Bushlanov, who skated last season with Osipova.

Another misfortune :sad21: If it was a fall during a practice, I don't think they continue their try outs... I wonder why Bushlanov and Osipova split up after just one season.

hanca

Record Breaker
Another misfortune :sad21: If it was a fall during a practice, I don't think they continue their try outs... I wonder why Bushlanov and Osipova split up after just one season.

One fall does not need to end the new partnership, even if Polina lost a tooth and got a few bruises. The post on instagram seems to be done in a good spirit, more like ‘look what can happen if you do pairs’ rather than ‘poor me’. Skaters doing pairs have a different mentality; they seem to take falls and injuries as a part of the ‘package’. And if Polina looks at it realistically, she struggles with jumps, there won’t be a queue of decent pair males wanting to skate with her. I think Bushlanov is actually a pretty good partner, she was quite lucky that Osipova/Bishlanov split up. Unless she wants to get a single skater and spend a year teaching him everything, there is not that many males who did pairs, achieved a certain level of pair skating, don’t struggle with jumps and are available.

icetug

Medalist
The post on instagram seems to be done in a good spirit, more like ‘look what can happen if you do pairs’ rather than ‘poor me’. Skaters doing pairs have a different mentality; they seem to take falls and injuries as a part of the ‘package’.

It would be great if you're right. Bushlanov seems to be a good choice for her, but she has to trust her partner and accidents like this don't help...

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've just seen a rumor that she's teamed up with Georgy Kunitsa, who just moved from singles to pairs. Not sure how much truth there is to it.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I've just seen a rumor that she's teamed up with Georgy Kunitsa, who just moved from singles to pairs. Not sure how much truth there is to it.

There are on team tutberidze instagram video clips of Georgy training with some girl but TBH she doesn't remind me Polina at all :(

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
There are on team tutberidze instagram video clips of Georgy training with some girl but TBH she doesn't remind me Polina at all :(

This is definitely other girl, but Georgiy in an interview told he wasn't sure if he would skate with her or somebody else.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
From a recent interview with Polina, she has teamed up with Alexei Briukhanov. I had seen somewhere that people thought Polina Panfilova would outgrow Dima Rylov, and that Rylov may be interested in a smaller partner with triple jumps. Though not sure how Polina's firecracker personality and Rylov's style would have suited. Polina and Dima Ialin were a great team, though it seems in the end she simply outgrew him. Makes me worried that such a small girl could outgrow him, hoping he won't end up like Vlad Mirzoev.

Dima has teamed up with Valeria Ponosova. Once again, hoping she isn't 13 like that Daria Gubina that Mirzoev got after dumping Mishina.

Polina and Alexei at St. Petersburg test skates: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEe75h9Jk5t/
Polina and Alexei's interview: https://t.co/U6ioV8ufbA?amp=1
Polina and Alexei's thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...h-amp-Alexei-Briukhanov&p=2629112#post2629112

Polina wished Dima happy birthday on instagram and they still train together, so it seems their split was amicable :)

Wishing all the best to their future!

hanca

Record Breaker
Valerie Ponosova is on Russian ice partner search, so I guess her partnership with Ialin did not work out.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Valerie Ponosova is on Russian ice partner search, so I guess her partnership with Ialin did not work out.
A shame, though it is not confirmed of course. It;s understandable as Valeria is only 15 and will grow like Polina, so he may have to try out some other partners. This makes me extremely concerned for Dima's future in pairs skating. He is strong and has good elements, and seems to be a great guy, but his height will always be an extremely limiting factor in terms of finding partners. Unless he can have a growth spurt at 22 or put on a ton of muscle, I'm really worried that he will be outgrown by one prepubescent girl after another.

Usually pair partners have a height difference of 25-30 cm - with Ialin's 175cm, he will need a partner who is about the same height as Polina, but not as curvaceous and with a smaller frame. Ideally he would get a girl like Pavliuchenko, but there are not many girls who can maintain such a size naturally after puberty. It would be a shame to see his talent and strength go to waste, so I do hope that he can find a suitable partner. Whoever he does manage to find will have a later competition debut than Kostiukovich/Briukhanov becuase they are in seniors and will have to start training elements while the season has already started.

In others news, Polina and Alexei Briukhanov won a St. Petersburg competition with a score of nearly 190! All hope is not lost that we will see the style and charisma of Kostiukovich/Ialin live on: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmOWBqpLim/ https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmAInBJvpk/

hanca

Record Breaker
I agree that Ialin’s size will be a limiting factor in searching for a new partner, but he might be lucky. Szolkowy and Han are not particularly tall either, and yet they found Savchenko and Sui. Ialin is quite lucky that in Russia there is so many good female skaters and that ladies field is very, very crowded, which may actually push more girls to consider pairs. If Ialin was from any other country, he would not have such a choice of potential partners.

I think the best would be to be choosing from girls who are at least 16/17 years old, because then they won’t grow that much. They may still go through puberty, but at least they wouldn’t get too tall for him.