2018 Quebec Sectionals | Golden Skate

2018 Quebec Sectionals

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Kypma

Final Flight
As a general curiosity - does anyone know why the junior dance event is split between the Quebec and Nova Scotia sections? I would have thought that Nova Scotia would have its own sectional competition, unless it sends its dancers to Quebec for the competition experience?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
As a general curiosity - does anyone know why the junior dance event is split between the Quebec and Nova Scotia sections? I would have thought that Nova Scotia would have its own sectional competition, unless it sends its dancers to Quebec for the competition experience?

Kypma I checked the lists for the NB/NS/PEI sectionals and they don't seem to be holding a junior dance event. They only have 1 pre-novice and 1 novice ice dance team. So it may have been decided to send their skaters to QC to get a better competitive experience as well as save time by not running the junior event. Both couples also seem to have one partner from Quebec and are likely training in the province so it would make a lot of sense to just compete there.

Another Nova Scotian who won't be competing at her own sectionals is Emma Dinda, who will be guest skating in junior women at Ontario's sectionals. There is a junior women's event at NB/NS/PEI sectionals but Emma may have sought a more competitive environment.

Last year when SO was 4 sections Western Ontario and Central Ontario pooled their pairs and ice dancers to compete at WO's event. That resulted in more entries and saved time & money.

Kypma

Final Flight
Kypma I checked the lists for the NB/NS/PEI sectionals and they don't seem to be holding a junior dance event. They only have 1 pre-novice and 1 novice ice dance team. So it may have been decided to send their skaters to QC to get a better competitive experience as well as save time by not running the junior event. Both couples also seem to have one partner from Quebec and are likely training in the province so it would make a lot of sense to just compete there.

Another Nova Scotian who won't be competing at her own sectionals is Emma Dinda, who will be guest skating in junior women at Ontario's sectionals. There is a junior women's event at NB/NS/PEI sectionals but Emma may have sought a a more competitive environment.

Last year when SO was 4 sections Western Ontario and Central Ontario pooled their pairs and ice dancers to compete at WO's event. That resulted in more entries and saved time & money.

Oh Mango... what would us Canadian fans do without your expertise? :)

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
I believe Emma Dinda trains in Oakville (or at least did) and lives somewhere in the area as well. She switched to NS a few years ago -probably to get the chance to go to Challenge like many do.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Justine Brasseur / Mark Bardei have WD from junior pairs

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Patinage Québec typically archives its livestreams, but I don't see anything uploaded from today's events; hopefully the videos will appear soon.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are still no official vids, so here's my screen recording of Joseph Phan's SP (the password is joseph): https://vimeo.com/241344231

Senior Men SP

1. Joseph Phan 71.25
2. Edrian Paul Celestino 69.15
3. Samuel Angers 64.45
4. Laurent Guay 63.17
5. Olivier Bergeron 58.84
6. Jérémie Crevaux 57.51
7. Dominic Rondeau 45.96
8. Marek Ramilison 40.32

WD Jack Kermezian

Kypma

Final Flight
so no veronik mallet?

It appears that she withdrew (WD on the results sheet)... I was excited to see her return to competition. I don't know how this affects her participation at Challenge, since there are more than 8 senior ladies in Quebec, so they are not all advancing, which I believe has been the case in some events in previous years.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It appears that she withdrew (WD on the results sheet)... I was excited to see her return to competition. I don't know how this affects her participation at Challenge, since there are more than 8 senior ladies in Quebec, so they are not all advancing, which I believe has been the case in some events in previous years.

well... she is no spring chicken... i wonder if she cannot participate for two years at nationals, if she truly will come back. I love her skating... but it's been a long way to recovery.... i wish her well and i hope that perhaps she received some sort of medical bye ...

gosh.. i was supposed to make breakfast but men start in 3 minutes.... so go JO and Edrian!!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i guess i am the only one trying to stream this from GS? I am not getting anything.... if anyone is... let me know what i am doing wrong... lol

- - - Updated - - -

OK working ;)

4 skaters on the ice...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i managed to see Jo

WOW.. JUST WOW... clean program (minus a hand down on the lutz) 2 quad toes and 1 3axel.. very good!!! He scored 93 or so int TES.. the quality of the elements earned him huge GOE. Bravo. That was just a wonderful skate ! 170 + for the free.... i am losing count but yeah...

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My screen recording of Joseph Phan's LP (the password is joseph): https://vimeo.com/241414243

Senior Men Standings

1. Joseph Phan 242.22
2. Samuel Angers 191.93
3. Laurent Guay 186.92
4. Edrian Paul Celestino 186.79
5. Jérémie Crevaux 175.73
6. Olivier Bergeron 168.88
7. Dominic Rondeau 123.63
8. Marek Ramilison 116.75