2018 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Challenge

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Unless something unexpected occurs, I should be able to attend the Senior Men and Senior Pairs Short Programs this evening. :dance:

It does appear that the livestreams are archived :yes2: , although most of the videos that have been uploaded so far don't specify the event. The title is simply "Rink #: 2018 Skate Canada Challenge / Défi Patinage Canada", which isn't very helpful.

Absolutely! :2thumbs:

nice one siberia!!! i am envious. cheer extra loudly for jojo and concon ;) and for elladj too. I am most curious about him since he has had to withdraw the entire season.

I don't mind having to watch a whole session mark rink 1 if needed later on after work... Joseph is skating first so that should help :)

All the best guys !!! you can do it! Fly High White Eagle !

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm in and out and all around but damn the senior men. Joseph brought it. The rest are struggling. I'm guessing Nic will also bring it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
waaaa i saw the score sheets for the short programs....

jo jo is the only one who delivered... i guess nic did okay.... Edrian did well with his content but without a 3a....

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Will it be 13 men qualifying for Nationals from here? Of the men on the GP, Kevin, Keegan, Patrick, Roman, and Liam are not competing here. Nicolas and Nam are guaranteed spots because of the GP but should be top 13 anyways. So really, 11 spots are up for grabs if I'm not mistaken. (Did I miss anyone?)

But boy do I hope those FS are better than these SP. :slink:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Will it be 13 men qualifying for Nationals from here? Of the men on the GP, Kevin, Keegan, Patrick, Roman, and Liam are not competing here. Nicolas and Nam are guaranteed spots because of the GP but should be top 13 anyways. So really, 11 spots are up for grabs if I'm not mistaken. (Did I miss anyone?)

But boy do I hope those FS are better than these SP. :slink:

they will be.... and the boys like toman and orzel who are borderline out can score some of the cleaner skaters without 3a and quads in the LP.

Watching the junior pairs

Boys-Eddy.. i feel like they are not getting better... super slow... throw still an issue... twist wasn't as spectacular as usually but landed the mandatory lutzes

Mini Isabelle Brasseur and hunk : very attractive couple on the ice... star quality... her shoulders are very nice... awful jumps... slow... let's hope they develop their potential... super nice to see Brasseur in the KnC

Matte-Ferland : great skate.. the kind we expected all year on JGP... good for them to redeem themselves..

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Schumacher Daleman...

i am not sure what to think... can she not get a more experienced partner? Zach looks like a nice boy but yeah... i mean he looks fit and strong and pairs is probably a good choice for him but he is skating with on of our top junior singles skaters.....how did he land that gig? I have nothing against him. And I love Gabby so I wouldn't diss her little bro :) plus she slash my face if i did ;) but yeah... i would give this pairing another summer of training and if they don't come up with the stuff... i mean a double throw? this girl can land big triples on her own? lift and twist so basic... pair spin.. NO.

sorry... i have known for a while that they have formed a brand new couple and didn't watch them because I thought i should give them time to develop.... well.. that time is happening now. go ! make it happen! NOW ! :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ruest Wolfe

I adore these two...

still a crashy twist... but what beautiful skating skills...

Nice tango... nice SBS 3toes a bit low for him... beautiful dance lift into throw 3 loop steps... intricate... perhaps a small stumble at the end for him but he is such a gorgeous skater.... more ice dancers should switch to pairs :)

sydney and maxime, another newish team.... i have seen them skate better... the twist is higher though... fall on her 3salchow... 2 hands down on the loop throw.. i don't like the program after having just watched a very sensitive program by R/W... going back to ice cream ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Evelyn and Trennt looked good. And they were super happy with their scores/placement, which is always nice to see.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Throw Back Thursday

Nam Nguyen at Challenge.. Junior Champion LP look at him go!!! LOL Liam was in second... that's in 2010 ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
if anyone finds the archives, please let me know... ;) i found baby Nam... I found out he has a new coach Robert Burk (same as Michelle Long)... and so on.. but i cannot find Joseph Nic and Conrad's SP lol

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm exhausted and I can barely type this without nodding off :bed: , but the men's event was generally heartbreaking to watch, especially in person. :( After witnessing so many rough skates from so many skaters, it's probably why I felt so drained, and the fatigue remained while I watching the pairs, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally would have.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm exhausted and I can barely type this without nodding off :bed: , but the men's event was generally heartbreaking to watch, especially in person. :( After witnessing so many rough skates from so many skaters, it's probably why I felt so drained, and the fatigue remained while I watching the pairs, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally would have.

i know the feeling.. it was like that at Canadian nationals for the SP... I wish you can get back for the LP... usually they manage better after a splatfest SP and they did at Nationals last year... the LP was so cool.. plus ; Elvis!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I did film several of the guys, in case anyone would like to see their performances from a different angle, but because my fancams are roughly 1 GB each, I can only upload two videos a day on Dailymotion (and hopefully I won't get hit with a music violation).

Joseph Phan SP (Fancam 1080p): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6aw8xw

Nicolas Nadeau SP (Fancam 1080p): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6aw9we

So really, 11 spots are up for grabs if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, you're right. I saw a document taped to a wall entitled "Confirmation of Entry Allocations and Byes to Canadians (2017-2018)," and it specifically lists Messing, Reynolds, Sadovsky, Nguyen, Chan, Nadeau and Firus (in that exact order) under "Named Byes" for Senior Men, and thus 11 is the "Number Qualifying from Challenge."

Ruest Wolfe

I adore these two...

still a crashy twist... but what beautiful skating skills...

In spite of my sleepiness, I really enjoyed their performance in person. :) I regret not being able to film them, as my camera battery was dying at this point, and I decided to save what little power I had left for Séguin & Bilodeau.

I found out he has a new coach Robert Burk (same as Michelle Long)

Thanks for the info. I did notice that the man Nam was talking to by the boards wasn't Gregor Filipowski, so I was wondering if he had a new coach. Does that mean no more RoNam? :drama:

i know the feeling.. it was like that at Canadian nationals for the SP... I wish you can get back for the LP... usually they manage better after a splatfest SP and they did at Nationals last year... the LP was so cool..

I plan to be in Pierrefonds later today (although I can't make it tomorrow because of a family obligation :disapp: ), so I sincerely hope all the guys have good long programs that they can be proud of.

plus ; Elvis!

I'll try not to scream my head off like a maniac this time. :p