United-States
2017 Bridgestone Skate America

Nov 24 - Nov 26, 2017
1980 Herb Brooks Arena
Lake Placid / New York USA

Pairs Short Program
Friday, 24 November 2017, 18:20 UTC-5

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

For Media

No.NameNation
1Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
SP: "With or Without You" by U2 performed by April Meservy; choreo by Julie Marcotte and John Kerr
FS: Muse medley (reprise of 2014-2015 FS): "Neutron Star Collision" by Muse, "Samson and Dalilah," performed by Muse, "Uprising" by Muse; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
2Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO
SP: Sweet Dreams" cover by Terez Montcalm, Sweet Dreams performed by Escala; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Un Ange Passe" by Alain Lefevre (reprise of 2016-17 LP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
3Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG
SP: Swan Lake by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: Star Wars medley; Jyn Erso & Hope Suite, Star Wars: Princess Leia, and Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
4Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP: Ameksa - Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
GER
5Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "Summer of '42;" choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
FS: The Sleeping Beauty by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
RUS
6Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER
SP: "All of Me" by John Legend; choreo by Marina Zoueva
FS: "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen; choreo by Marina Zoueva
USA
7Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM
SP: "Come What May (Moulin Rouge soundtrack); choreo by Cindy Stuart
FS: Ghost - The Musical; choreo by Christopher Dean, Cindy Stuart
USA
8Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY
SP: "Eleanor Rigby" by John Lennon, Paul McCartney; choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: "One" and "Where the Streets have No Name" by U2; choreo by Mark Pillay
USA

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
If no one WDs, this should be the starting order:

WARM UP GROUP 1
Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY
Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO
Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM

WARM UP GROUP 2
Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG
Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD

LadyB

Record Breaker
You're not wrong, dorispulaski. This is gonna be interesting on various levels, apart from the head-to-head between D/R and S/M.
While I'll be shouting for D/R, I also hope that Z/E can continue their great start to the season and get on the podium.
Of course, it would be lovely if the Knierims could taste a bit more success in their own country. Having said all that, I won't forget Yu/Zhang. I'm not a fan, but I know they can deliver when it matters.
Come on Natalia, Alexander, Meagan, Eric, Alexa and Chris! :cheer:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
S/M really have to win this if they want to stay in contention for the Gold in Pyeongchang. S/S won the GPF before Sochi and I don't see that for S/M. Time is running out.

Edit: On the other hand, good news! German Fed just released info that Bruno passed the test and can become German cititizen which means they can go to the Olympics! Source

QuadThrow

Medalist
NO 3ATh for Savchenko/Massot in the planned program content.:bow:

Aljona, good call. Please add the 4Tw and the world will be yours!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
glad to hear that 3A was put on the shelf, at least for now...don't get me wrong - I love Aliona and respect her ambition to push herself with difficult technical content, but that 3A did not do them any favours from quite some time: it was one of main reasons of Aliona's injury last season and it was making some kind of 'scratch' on their programs in overall impression. I am all about 3A, but included slowly, with some reasoning, expanding the content step by step, building a strong impact/momentum score- and impression-wise as season progresses:). They have one of my fave program this season and I cannot wait to see them again:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
SP will start around 00.30 am in Poland, I'm intended to watch:), debating whether to stay for Men's SP...and be zombie tomorrow

SD is already on Sunday at 2.36 am :hopelessness:

NicolettaL

Final Flight
SP will start around 00.30 am in Poland, I'm intended to watch:), debating whether to stay for Men's SP...and be zombie tomorrow

SD is already on Sunday at 2.36 am :hopelessness:

Sooo the competition will finish on Monday 4 us
How weird. I would like to stay on and cheer for Adam, but I guess it will be super hard :C

gold12345

Medalist
This is the most interesting discipline at SA this year.

Certainly the deepest. The other 3 disciplines look like they were set up for Americans to medal fairly easily, and Pairs looks like it was set up to give the US teams the hardest lineup possible. :laugh: I wonder if the proximity to Canada made it enticing to invite not one, but two major Canadian pairs. Or maybe it just ended up that way, not exactly sure how the process works. The GPs Duhamel/Radford are in are automatically deeper because they weren't top 6 at Worlds.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No crashy twists or aborted lifts. (I'm looking at you Michael Marinaro) May all the pairs skate well and may this be an epic competition.