Riedell and Edea Differences? | Golden Skate

Riedell and Edea Differences?

yunskates

Spectator
Short version: What are the main difference between Riedell and Edea you have noticed? Specifically comfort, performance, and blade size difference.

Long version: My current skates, Riedell Bronze Star, are breaking down after our long 1.5 years together and it's time to purchase new boots. Throughout my whole skating career I've wore Riedell skates and have never worn any other brand, so, I figure now would be the time to "experiment". The main reasons why I am considering switching to Edea is because, Riedell have been always brutal on my feet during the breaking in period (it takes at least 2 months for my feet to skate comfortably for more than 15 minutes due to the unique shape of my foot). Also, my local pro shop had closed down (the people there were extremely helpful and did everything to make sure I was comfortable, but they only carried Riedell and Jackson and advised me to avoid Jackson) and the closet pro shop that would let me try on their skates (they only had Riedell, Jackson, and Edea in stock) before purchasing is about a 2 hour ride. I wanted to do some basic research and gather people's opinions before traveling and overwhelming the people there with my questions.

katyaaranda

Rinkside
i recommend edea a lot i am really confortable with edea they last, they are confortable, they are very light, i had the overture which lasted less than a year i don't know the reason, the same thing happened to a friend, but the other ones have lasted so much, right now im with piano and they are great they have resisted so much, and they are really comfortable, i recommend you edea.

yunskates

Spectator
Thank you so much for replying! Have you ever tried any other brand beside Edea, if so, what do you think are the overall differences? Also, how was the break in period?

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
I'm curious to get feedback on edea too! I'm just wanting to maintain my double jumps.. these days I just skate for fun but I want to know how long the chrous may last... If anyone has used these for all doubles except double axel please send me a message.

Lisunique

Rinkside
Lol similar to me currently. I'm in riedell flairs but they aren't the best for me so in early March I'm going to get new skates and I'm most likely going for edeas.

treesprite

Final Flight
Edea boots tend to not work for people with feet that are not average shapes and sizes. If you have very wide front and narrow heels, or large bunions, or other foot issues, the Edeas are probably not going to do what you want them to do. The best bet for people with foot issues is custom ornsemi-ccustom (split width) boots.

A lot of shops aren't able to work on Edeas, so if you get them, be prepared to drive all those hours for every little thing that needs fixing or adjusting.