Country
United-States
Oct 27 - Oct 29, 2017

Brandt Centre
Evraz Place.
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Friday, 27 October 2017, 12:57 UTC -6

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1​
1Larkyn AUSTMAN
CAN
2Kailani CRAINE
AUS
3Courtney HICKS
USA
4Alaine CHARTRAND
CAN
5Laurine LECAVELIER
FRA
6Marin HONDA
JPN
Warm-Up Group 2​
7Rika HONGO
JPN
8Karen CHEN
USA
9Ashley WAGNER
USA
10Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS
11Anna POGORILAYA
RUS
12Kaetlyn OSMOND
CAN

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Kailani CRAINE
SP: Dream a Little Dream of Me performed by Ella Fitzgerald, One Day (Swingrowers Remix) performed by Caro Emerald; choreo by Alex Chang (last season's program)
FS: Moulin Rouge (soundtrack); choreo by Alex Chang
AUS
2Larkyn AUSTMAN
SP: Mein Herr from Cabaret, performed by Liza Minnelli; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg; choreo by Mark Pillay
CAN
3Alaine CHARTRAND
SP: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Sunset Boulevard soundtrack by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by David Wilson
CAN
4Kaetlyn OSMOND
SP: “Sous Le Ciel de Paris” and “Milord" performed by Edith Piaf; choreo by Lance Vipond (SP)
FS: Andante Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski, No. 24 Scene: Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski, Stumbled Beginnings (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell, Nina's Dream (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle (FS)
CAN
5Laurine LECAVELIER
SP: "Shining Silver Skies" by Ashram; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FS: "Bye Bye Baby" from the Some Like It Hot soundtrack and "My Heart Belongs to Daddy," from the Let's Make Love soundtrack, both sung by Marilyn Monroe; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FRA
6Marin HONDA
SP: "The Giving" by Michael W. Smith); choreo by David Wilson, Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Turandot by Giacomo Puccini (Vanessa-Mae violin version & Sarah Brightman vocals); choreo by David Wilson, Jeffrey Buttle
JPN
7Rika HONGO
SP: O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Kenji Miyamoto
FS: Frida (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldenthal; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Kenji Miyamoto
JPN
8Anna POGORILAYA
SP: Esperanza by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Viktor Adonev, Sergei Pliskin
FS: Swan Lake by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Adonev, Sergei Pliskin
RUS
9Maria SOTSKOVA
SP: Waltz from "Swan Lake"; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev
FS: Clair de lune by Claude Debussy; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev
RUS
10Karen CHEN
SP: El Tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge, sung by Jose Feliciano; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS1: Carmen Suite by Rodion Schcedrin; choreo by Mark Pillay
USA
11Courtney HICKS
SP: Nocturne from La Califfa (The Lady Caliph), composed by Ennio Morricone and performed by Yo Yo Ma. choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: Amazing Grace performed by The Tenors, ft. Natalie Grant; choreo by Jonathan Cassar
USA
12Ashley WAGNER
SP: Hip Hip, Chin Chin (2016 program) by Club des Belugas; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Moulin Rouge (2015-2016 & 2016-17 program): Damonds (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), One Day I'll Fly Away (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), The Show Must Go On (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
USA

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so panicked because of Anna, I expect her to withdraw every second. :sad21:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Kaetlyn, Marin, Anna, Maria, Ashley :dance2: 5 top contenders
I really hope good things for Marin.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*more excited gigglesqueaking* KAILANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

nipman

On the Ice
I think Anna'd better skip the whole GP series to focus on Rus Nat. With her current form, no way she can manage to qualify for the GPF and that would not be good for her PCS afterward.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think Anna'd better skip the whole GP series to focus on Rus Nat. With her current form, no way she can manage to qualify for the GPF and that would not be good for her PCS afterward.

I'm afraid that you might be right, on the other hand, if she gives up the GP without trying and only goes to Russian Nationals she has lost all her chances to prove herself and won't make it to the Europeans/Worlds/Olympics anyway.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

GP is her only chance to say "hey i'm bringing medals RusFed, look at me!" otherwise they are considering her already out of the contention.

Just like Liza has no chance unless she lands the 3A on two clean programs at some point

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd say except for Ice Dance, these predictions are gonna be really tough! Ladies, men, and pairs are all gonna be pretty wild...Please Queen Anna, skate and be healthy! :sad4:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Ashley WAGNER
SP: Hip Hip, Chin Chin (2016 program) by Club des Belugas; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Moulin Rouge (2015-2016 & 2016-17 program): Damonds (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), One Day I'll Fly Away (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), The Show Must Go On (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

I haven't seen Wagner's new programs yet and it seems that she picked the previous seasons' Hip Hip, Chin Chin (SP) and Moulin Rouge (FS). These two programs can bring out the best in Ashley Wagner, which is good for her in the Olympic season. The free program inspired a lot of junior skaters who imitated her in junior competitions.

Winry

On the Ice
She went back to Moulin Rouge because La La Land wasn't working. I know a lot of people have strong opinions one way or the other on going back to the program for a 3rd time, but can't deny the "only tunes in for the Olympics" TV audience will enjoy it.
http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/09/20/ashley-wagner-moulin-rouge-la-la-land-free-skate/

I'm glad she did! Too much La La Land after JGP
Re-do the same program isn't that bad, it's not like she is the only one doing it. Sure she can improve it for the Olympics

Artemisa

Final Flight

I disagree ... she has nothing to loose .... going only to the nationals she would have to win over medvedeva to be chosen.. maybe she need more time to get ready ( she didn't get the easy road repeating programs) .... but she don't have to get to the final ... she only have to be better than the other russian girls in the GP circuit....We know that medvedeva and zagitova are a safe bet for the final ... but elena, Liza , polina .. and even sotoskova aren't ... and they are beatable by other skaters ... anna is a wild card but when she is on ... she can medal ...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Her withdrawal at the Russian Cup last week is actually the thing that worries me most. I'm just afraid she's not ready to skate at the level she had last season. If she finishes off-podium here, then fortunately there is still a month left until Skate America. I hope she can get better during the season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her withdrawal at the Russian Cup last week is actually the thing that worries me most. I'm just afraid she's not ready to skate at the level she had last season. If she finishes off-podium here, then fortunately there is still a month left until Skate America. I hope she can get better during the season.

Are there any practice reports from her? She can't be skating in a room by herself can she?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Are there any practice reports from her? She can't be skating in a room by herself can she?

I'm not russian so I have no idea. She's pretty elusive on her social media channels, too. Idk. It's all a big mystery at this point. Well, in 5 days we know what it's all about. I would be happy if she finishes above Maria here, everything else would be a bonus.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Excited to see what Ashley can score... also excited to see what Katelyn can do!