2018-2019 Figure Skating Events | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Figure Skating Events

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The ISU has released Communication No. 2124, outlining some major events for the following season.

The GP Series:

October 19-21, 2018 USA
October 26-28, 2018 Canada
November 2-4, 2018 China
November 9-11, 2018 Japan
November 16-18, 2018 Russia
November 23-25, 2018 France
Junior and Senior Grand Prix Final: December 6-9, 2018 Vancouver, BC, Canada

JGP Series:

August 22-25, 2018 Bratislava, Slovak Republic (including Pair Skating)
August 29-September 1, 2018 Linz, Austria (including Pair Skating)
September 5-8, 2018 Kaunas, Lithuania
September 19-22, 2018 Harbin, China (including Pair Skating)
September 26-29, 2018 Ostrava, Czech Republic (including Pair Skating)
October 3-6, 2018 Ljubljana, Slovenia
October 10-13, 2018 Yerevan, Armenia

4CC got moved. The ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships will be held in Anaheim,
CA, USA on February 4-10, 2019.

Looking even further ahead the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships will be held in Colorado Springs, USA on April 3-5, 2020.

Edit: The full calendar is released. Communication No. 2161 (PDF)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Have there ever been JGPs in Lithuania or Armenia?? Also: do we know the specific locations for the senior GP?

anyanka

Record Breaker
2018 GPF in Vancouver and 2019 4CC in Anaheim (LA)! So good that the West Coast finally gets these tournaments! It's been a looooong time since the 2010 Olympics.

Anyone fancy a trip to Disneyland in February 2019??? :biggrin:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Hiroshima is a nice choice, great city and easily accessible. Always good to choose non-top cities to host in post-Olympic season so the local citizens get a chance to see the competition and for skaters, they get a chance to sightsee.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Oh wow 4CC finally goes out of Asia! That is since 2012 right? And Im wondering about live streaming at China JGP. Hopefully there will be access.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Slightly off topic, but knowing that Australia has expressed interest in hosting 4CC in the future, I hope we get it for 2021. The Four Continents in the penultimate year of an Olympic Cycle is the most important, as it sets the table to the world championships that season, where all those vital multiple quota spots are awarded.

Caustica

Final Flight

Caustica

Final Flight
When dyou guys reckon the gp event tickets will go on sale?

It differs for every GP. I recommend you take a look at the subforums for this season's/previous seasons' GPs to see when people started buying tickets. There's usually a tickets-specific thread in all of them.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Slightly off topic, but knowing that Australia has expressed interest in hosting 4CC in the future, I hope we get it for 2021. The Four Continents in the penultimate year of an Olympic Cycle is the most important, as it sets the table to the world championships that season, where all those vital multiple quota spots are awarded.

No offence: but I thought in case when the Oly is taking place in one of the countries outside those of EC, the 4CC in the penultimate year to Oly season will be held at the Olympic FS venue and serves as the venue testing event...(i.e. 4CC was held in Vancouver in 2009; and also in Gangneung in 2017). So it has already been assumed that Beijing will take up 4cc in 2021?

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Oh, not again... This is so disappointing. Grenoble takes so much longer to get to than Paris (I am in London and Paris is 2.5 hours away city centre to city centre... lol), which means I probably won't go :(

You can search for plane tickets that are not expensive to Lyon, perhaps ? And then you have 1h30 in car to Grenoble - if you use carpool, it can be way les sthan 10 euros from Lyon to Grenoble, otherwise the bus is inexpensive too.
Or train from London to Paris, then Paris to Grenoble. Quite easy to go.
The advantage is that hotels will be much cheaper than in Paris, and IIRC, the price for tickets will be reduced too to attract more people. It could be really intersting to go this year.