Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tars View Post
    I'm not cursing anyone, just expressing my opinion.
    Okay, I overreacted perhaps.
    Just many people are writing off Zhenya and calling out her flaws more so than usual and I can't stand it.
    Sorry tars!

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    I think we shouldn’t underestimate Evgenia’s grit. She wasn’t 100% in Japan but still pulled out a decisive victory (and beat Alina’s score in China by over 10 points). Yes, momentum counts for a lot, but Evgenia’s momentum from 2 consecutive senior seasons isn’t going away so easily. Probably whatever was bothering her in Japan (her ankles were taped up?) will be healed by GPF. Alina can really give her a good fight though. And Kaetlyn and Wakaba could be right on Alina’s heels. It’s making the Olympic competition a little more interesting.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tars View Post
    I've got this overwhelming feeling, Alina is going to win it.
    After two tournaments, two falls an other mistakes, it's obvious Zhenya's form is on a wrong side of amplitude - Zagitova is peaking, while Medvedeva's jumping is getting worse with every competition.

In sport like figure skating, momentum is everything - The Era of Red Ballerina starts in Pyeongchang!

Marin Honda will sneak into Japanese team with her two magical Nationals performances and squeezes bronze.
    Silver for Med (if she keeps decent level) or Wakaba.
    I think the story between these two will unfold when they finally have to go head to head in the three competitions that precede the Olympics.

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    Okay, I overreacted perhaps.
    Just many people are writing off Zhenya and calling out her flaws more so than usual and I can't stand it.
    Sorry tars!
    I think it would be very premature to start writing off Evgenia - she is very gritty, and has nerves of steel. And are you referring to the competition threads? I haven't got around to looking at the NHK ones, so don't know what people are saying. But a piece of advice: if the threads are getting to you, stop reading them. Especially after the competition has ended. Just for your own peace of mind. That's what I do.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Last Olympic cycle, two heavy hitters weren’t even at the GPF (kostner and Kim) . This year it looks like all the medal favorites are positioned to be there (well, in ladies, at least!) and the Final will be very telling on how the Olympics will go. I’m expecting majorly inflated scores and an exciting event with the following:

1)Medvedeva
    2)Zagitova
    3)Kostner
    4)Osmond
    5)Wagner
    6)Wakaba

The only reason Wagner is on this list is because she has a huge chance of winning SA. The only reason Wakaba is on this list is because if there’s a tie-breaker between her and Sotskova, I believe that Wakaba has the edge. And the only reason I have Tsurskaya off the list is because what if she’s second to Ashley at SA? That brings a “we all got one silver and one bronze” tiebreaker between Wakaba, Tsurskaya, and most likely Sotskova.

Ugh, my head hurts 😩

3 Not allowed!
    You think Ashley has a huge chance to win SA?? Over Tsurskaya who just got 210 at NHK? When was the last time Ashley scored that high, even at home?
    I also don't think Ashley can be considered a medal favorite at this point...

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    You think Ashley has a huge chance to win SA?? Over Tsurskaya who just got 210 at NHK? When was the last time Ashley scored that high, even at home?
    I also don't think Ashley can be considered a medal favorite at this point...
    Yes, I think that Ashley could win over Polina. All the usfsa has to do is hike up her pcs. All Ashley has to do is ROTATE (uh, which, yeah, I guess is very hard for her to do...) When I think about it, I have no idea. US will want her in the Final.

0 Not allowed!
    1. Medvedeva
    2. Zagitova (Zagitova has a great chance of winning Olympic gold over Medvedeva, but Medvedeva is still the favourite).
    3. Kostner
    4. Osmond
    5. Tsurskaya
    6. Higuchi
    7. Mihara
    8. Wagner
    9. Daleman
    10. Nagasu

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Who's a morning skater!? I think with the Olympic skating events being shown "live" in North America, aren't most final Free skate events taking place in the morning over in Korea?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3