Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: 2017_18 ISU Judging Anomalies

President of the Polka-Dot Protection Society anonymoose_au's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Wow, Messing and Bychenko both got a 6th and a 21st.

Weirdly enough, the Australian judge was harshest on Kerry.
    Australian judges are such hardbutts...I guarantee if you go back to when 6.0 and the nationalities were listed the lowest will be...from the Aussie judge.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

1 Not allowed!
    That Chinese judge, Weiguang Chen should never be allowed to judge again. His scores were so extremely ridiculous, I don't even know where to start...

USA judge pretty awful too.

I hate when judges overscore skaters from their countries and underscore others, it's ridiculous and so obvious. They don't even try to hide it, they don't even care, cause they know nothing will be done about it.
    So unfair!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    He's a smart judge. He knows that his scores will get thrown away so he judges up in order to keep the other judges higher marks.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    On the whole, the judging has been pretty good so far. The right athletes have earned the right medals, with little controversy (despite some close scores). I think it's unrealistic to expect judges not to favor their countrymen; that's why they diversify panels in the first place.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    On the whole, the judging has been pretty good so far. The right athletes have earned the right medals, with little controversy (despite some close scores). I think it's unrealistic to expect judges not to favor their countrymen; that's why they diversify panels in the first place.
    I have long suspected you are some ultra figure skating insider. I don't think you've ever posted even an iota of shade at any judging results or rules discussions in all 7,000+ posts.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    Meh, I see it as normal. The Chinese judge in pairs inflated S/H and held down S/M, and the German judge did the opposite. And every judge for their own in ice dance.

But that doesn't mean that is not a problem. I think as long as figure skating is represented by federations, there will be politicking - both within and outside the federation - and judging bias is just one of the consequences.

Tripping on the Podium chopinskate's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    The US judge placed Boyang 18th in PCS and Nathan in 3rd.

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    The worst judging result so far has been in the Team Men's SP, with Patrick Chan and Nathen Chen getting held up.

Kolyada placing a spot higher than deserved in the Team LP and 2 spots higher than deserved in the individual event would be next in line.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chopinskate View Post
    The US judge placed Boyang 18th in PCS and Nathan in 3rd.
    Reputation and media judging at play? I don’t think the Chinese media had hyped up a Boyang as much as NBC did for Nathan.

Tripping on the Podium chopinskate's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Reputation and media judging at play? I don’t think the Chinese media had hyped up a Boyang as much as NBC did for Nathan.
    Media judging at play, yeah.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22