Kseniia Sinitsyna | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kseniia Sinitsyna

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

The creation of Sinitsyna' FP choreography was complicated, according to Snow Leopards chief trainer Svetlana Panova:
"For Kseniya, we went to America, to Nadia Kanaeva, because the chosen music is very complicated. We choose the song not in its original version, because the voice of the original performer Mercedes Sosa is so specific, and we wanted the performance to be associated with a young maiden. So I listened to many variations, searched for the original and found it. It so happened that while on vacation with my husband we went to America. Ksyusha, fortunately, also received an American visa and, together with Lena Romanovskaya, flew to the United States. There we all met."
"At first, Nadia did not accept the music we proposed. She said it was heavy, too advanced for a junior. But Ilona Ivanovna insisted on our decision. And Nadia agreed, but under conditions that Kseniya will observe all the pauses, skate beautifully. In my opinion, it turned out well."
"Sinitsyna’s free program is also interesting. But, it seems to me, there is a little lack of development and clarity in the last part. Let’s think, we are all creative people, and, as you know, there is no limit to perfection." :)
"The underlying images for the programs of Sinitsyna were invented by the choreographer Ilona Protasenya. The plot of the short program is dedicated to the Argentine poetess Alfonsin Storni. She is very famous in Latin America. The song to which Kseniya performs her short program is set to the verses of this woman. So the idea of ​​the program is a kind of dedication. Without sorrow or grief. Kseniya sort of introduces the audience to this wonderful poet. Perhaps, after watching this program, someone will want to get acquainted with the work of a wonderful poetess?"
"In the free program, Ksyusha appears in the image of the goddess Dakini from Buddhist philosophy. The goddess of wisdom, who shields against the interference of other religions. In Tibetan, Dakini means 'walking in the sky.' The image is encompasing, deep. It seemed to us that it would be interesting for both the audience and the athlete herself."

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Older interview with Kseniya by Olga Yermolina, FFKKR press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EApatvUt2g

My transcription of: " Keniya Sinitsyna, Junior World Championships, Zagreb 2019 "

K: "I did well in the short program, in the free there were some flaws: not all the elements that were planned have turned out.
But of course I need to work further and not let my hands go idle. Many more starts in front and of course I want everyone to see my program with the Lutz-Rittberger edges. (??) I hope everything turns out well."
O: You were exited before your skate?
K: "There wasn’t much excitement, I was just a little bit scared of this jump. But there wasn't any particular excitement."
O: How was the rink, because 'at the boarding' they said it was hot?
K: "Yes, very hot, but it didn't disturb my skating of course. The rink in itself was nice."
O: Just take off some ...
K: "Yes"

O: You went through these championships, (which came unexpected ??), what lessons have you learned? Because this is important.
K: "Well of course, because I competed in front of a large audience, this is a very good experience for me.
Of course, I would like to do everything to perfection, but alas. What happened happened. I will continue working on the execution of my free program."
O: But there wasn't that much public, so you mean just the rink itself? (??)
K: "Yes, just like that"
O: ... status of the tournament, world championships ...
K: "eh, Yes"

O: You will return with some positive emotions from here or with other feelings? Not upset?
K: "No, I'm not very upset. First I am glad I got here at all. For me it is a good experience to perform at these competitions and I hope that everything will be much better later on."

O: Finished. I wish you good luck and self confidence.
K: "Thank you, thank you"

-----
Cool and Composed, this Kseniya.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Any info about why she has WD From JGP Usa? Visa Problems or something else? Andreeva / Desyatov has WD also.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Any info about why she has WD From JGP Usa? Visa Problems or something else? Andreeva / Desyatov has WD also.

I knew it, Visa problems. They didn't say anything about A/D but their WD was most likely with the same reasons.

Russian Ksenia Sinitsyna could not fly to the USA to participate in the stage of the junior Grand Prix series, which this week starts in Lake Placid, due to problems with documents.
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4479-figur...e-vyletela-v-ssha-na-yuniorskij-gran-pri.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Too bad, would have loved to see Kseniya at full force, showing how good she is and what a fighter.

The Finn

Record Breaker
She has been subbed in for the JGP Russia. It was Tarusina who lost her spot to Ksenia. At the moment Sinitsyna also holds a spot at the JGP Poland.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Skater Sinitsyna is satisfied with the score for her short program at the Grand Prix in Chelyabinsk
The athlete received 73.04 points for her routine.

CHELYABINSK, September 13. / TASS /.
Russian skater Kseniya Sinitsyna is satisfied with the points received for her short program at the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk. About this athlete told reporters on Friday.

The girls present their short programs in Chelyabinsk on Friday. Sinitsyna received 73.04 points for her routine.

“I’m happy with this score, I’ve managed all my elements, I’m glad about it,” Sinitsyna, 15, said. “But there’s still the free program to come, so it's too early to relax. I’ve been a little nervous, there are so many people for the first time for me, but I coped with the excitement."

The stage in Chelyabinsk was the debut for Sinitsyna this season. The athlete was supposed to perform at the stage in Lake Placid, but could not fly to the competition due to problems with her documents.

“Of course, I was upset, but I understood that I had to continue working” Sinitsyna said. “So it wasn’t fate, but I came here, my native country, is not far from Moscow. It turned out much more convenient.”

Russian figure skater Viktoriya Vasil'yeva scored 67.04 points. “Of course, you always want to improve, you can always fight with everyone, the main thing is to be able to do everything well and skate for yourself and for the audience. The experience of [last season] helps me a lot, because I already know what to expect and because of this it was easier for me. In Moscow we also have such starts when you come out on the ice with the same feelings, there are just a lot of spectators here, they help, not at every start you'll see such an audience", said the 15-year-old skater.

Free programs in the Chelyabinsk stage of the girls' competition will be presented on Saturday.
-----

readernick

Medalist
I loved Ksenia! The SS and the program are so good. I have noticed that Panova teaches good basics and has good programs.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kseniya proved today she is for real and here to stay, cool and composed, graceful, delicate but still completely commanding.

Here is her offical FFKKR interview taken by Olga Yermolina:

Kseniya Sinitsyna: "Only me and the music were on ice today"

September 13, 2019

Kseniya Sinitsyna scored 73.04 points for her short program at the Grand Prix in Chelyabinsk. The pupil of Svetlana Panova and Tat'yana Moiseyeva is only a very tiny bit inferior to the competition leader Kamila Valiyeva, who heads the interim protocol with 73.56 points.

" I did a good short program, but with the free still ahead - no need to relax. Today I tried to do everything gently, smoothly, softer hands, so that the routine flowed more smoothly ..

This program is well staged. I like it. The music is unusual. No one has taken it yet. I'm the first...

After Test Skates, we worked a lot on spins, sequences. I still tried to skate today like in training. The best moment for me in the program was a cascade. When I dealt with that, I relaxed a bit and went to skate the program for my pleasure ...

Unfortunately, I could not go to the Grand Prix in America. Of course, I was upset. But I understood that I had to continue working. So, it was not fate. But I came here. Here are the native walls. So it turned out even better ...

It's nice that there were a lot of spectators in the hall. It didn’t bother me, I didn’t hear what was happening in the stands .. Only me and the music were on the ice today” Kseniya said.
-----
From: https://fsrussia.ru/news/4530-kseniya-sinitsyna-na-ldu-segodnya-byli-tolko-ya-i-muzyka.html

elysium

On the Ice
Ksenia has matured a lot in performance and interpretation this season. It was really enjoyable watching her SP today. And her SS is really great.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Skater Sinitsyna intends to improve the quality of her elements after the Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk

CHELYABINSK, September 14. / TASS /.
The Russian figure skater Kseniya Sinitsyna will work on the quality of the performance of the elements after the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk, in which she won second place. She told reporters about this on Saturday.

The girls presented their free programs at the tournament in Chelyabinsk on Saturday, Sinitsyna took a fall on her cascade of triple Rittberger - triple Lutz. By the sum of her two programs 204.25 points, the 15-year-old skater took second place.

“Of course, I liked Chelyabinsk, the competitions themselves, the organization,” the athlete added. “I was pleased to be supported. At such moments, I want to throw out emotions and show everyone what you can do.”

Sinitsyna also announced that she now has set herself the goal to reach the final of the Junior Grand Prix, which will be held in Italian Turin from December 5 to 8.

Viktoria Vasil'yeva, who took third place in Chelyabinsk, shared her opinion about the past competitions. “Nothing distracted me, I was only thinking about the elements, how to do them right,” said Vasil'yeva. “And when the audience supports me, I don’t notice it much because I concentrate on jumping. Of course, when I did those and only the sequences remained, I already started to encourage spectators to support me, to like me too, because we work not only for ourselves, but also for the audience, in fact it is very difficult, we need to train it separately, but I think I succeeded today".
----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kseniya being interviewed fresh off the ice by FFKKR's Olga Yermolina here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r58xMCGcm7Q

You can switch on the auto generated subtitles for your convenience.

Calm and composed, this Kseniya, in her skating as in her off ice obligations.

She has entered her final school year, so homework and exams preparations take up most of her spare time off training, otherwise she likes to dance.
She hasn't thought about any challenges she'd like to conquer yet, like parachute jumping which Olga asked.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kseniya Sinitsyna: a friend in figure skating will not sincerely support you

Kseniya Sinitsyna stubbornly breaks into the ranks of the leaders of Russian women's single skating. After a Silver at the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk, the 15 year old skater, trained by Svetlana Panova and Tat'yana Moiseyeva, told Anatoliy Samokhvalov about her attitude to competition, envy, friendship, Alina Zagitova, Yevgeniya Medvedeva and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva.

I will not dare to use rap in my program

Q: Ksyusha, is your feeling for music from nature or set?
A: Most likely, set. My trainers have been working with me for a long time, so every movement is in time with the music and in the end it turns out beautiful.

Q: And where does your artistic flexibility come from?
A: Our choreographer Ilona Ivanovna (Protasenya) made me like that. Hands, glance, delivery - those are all hers. Of even greater merit in this is Nadezhda Kanayeva, who from early childhood stages my programs. As for my free program for this season, Ilona Ivanovna found the music and the program was staged by Anya Novichkina (an ex-skater who worked with Viktoriya Butsayeva and Marina Kudryavtseva). All these hands, steps exactly to the beat of the music - I thank her for those.

Q: In your free program you play the Tibetan princess Dakini, for complete satisfaction at the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk, your principal cascade of triple Lutz - triple Rittberger didn't work out. What happened?
A: Excitement. It is necessary the cascade should succeed in ten cases out of ten. I still need to get to this state that when I'm going to competition not thinking that I am in a competition. I just have to jump.

Q: How are you doing with the triple Axel, which you haven't shown at tournaments yet?
A: All right. I didn’t do it in Chelyabinsk, because our task was to skate clean, so I would be allowed to perform in the second stage (getting into the Grand Prix Final is possible only after the required result in two stages of the series). I hope that you will soon see my triple Axel in the competition, but when this happens, I can't tell for sure.

Q: You are 15 years old. Once upon a time, 15-year-old Mariya Sotskova convinced me that serious adult programs were necessary for the perception of judges at this age. “It seems to me that at 15 years old, a person is already an adult and he shouldn’t skate like a baby ...” she said then.
A: I agree, of course. But the point is not whether the program is adult or not, but how you deliver it. If you feel like an adult and improve your skating, people will perceive you.

Q: Is it closer to you to play a cartoon character or some serious topic?
A: Naturally, serious. The best music is in my programs.

Q: Do you offer music tracks yourself?
A: For my short program, Ilona Ivanovna (Protasenya) found the music for me, and the program was staged by Nadezhda Kanayeva.

Q: What kind of music you dream of skating under?
A: There is no dream yet, I desire to train and hone my current programs. At the end of the season, I'll think about the future.

Q: Previously, the stereotype in figure skating was that in the Olympic season classics should be staged, "Carmen", "Carmina Burana" ... Last century?
A: Overplayed. You won’t surprise anymore, you need to take something new. New music is evaluated differently because you are the first. Like an explorer. This is more interesting.

Q: But there is no fear that the judges will not understand this explorer?
A: Absolutely not, because the main thing is to do all the elements in this program, clearly perform the choreography and then everyone will understand everything.

Q: On the other hand, Olympic champions skated to Carmen - from Katarina Witt to Alina Zagitova, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir ... You don’t want to go out on the ice with a red flower in your hair?
A: No, not really.

Q: Will rap ever be performed in figure skating?
A: For this, the skater must be a person who likes this style. If he absorbed this, everything could be. I won't dare to do this. I don’t listen to rap.

Q: Why? Now is the generation of Russian rap.
A: I prefer English songs, I have more of those than Russian. But far from rap. I like Adele, Imagine Dragons, but I don’t really want to transfer them to programs either. I don’t understand yet how it should look.

Triple Axel Coming Soon, Quadruple Under Development

Q: You haven't yet performed in exhibitions in Japan, where there is a real boom in figure skating?
A: No. In order to be called, you must always leave the competition with medals and preferably with gold.

Q: How many suitcases do you have?
A: One.

Q: To Japan, you need to take at least two for gifts.
A: In Chelyabinsk, there were so many toys thrown on the ice I didn't know where to put them. It is very nice when you are supported like this.

Q: Are you psychologically ready for victories at senior level, or is it like peering into fog?
A: Because I live in this season, my thoughts are related to learning new jumps, I will look to the future later.

Q: Triple Axel?
A: And quadruples. Now I'm learning a Toeloop.

Q: Probably you will get into the adult championship of Russia in December.
A: Yes.

Q: Masha Sotskova considered this tournament equal to war.
A: You need to be ready for the championship, I strive to show the best I can.

Q: What is it like to go out and see the whole spectrum of women's single skating?
A: The only way is to go out doing your own thing and not look around at who's doing what. Think about yourself and your program.

Q: The competition is on?
A: Of course, because you want to get ahead of your rivals, to do something that no one else has done before you.

Q: Yes, almost everything has been done. It was necessary to be born a little earlier to get ahead. How can you stand out against the background of girls with already finished quads?
A: A program does not only consist of jumps. There is skating, spinning, and in order to develop yourself in figure skating, you must think about this, and not just about jumping. If you failed a jump, you should go on with the idea to complete your spins, then accelerate and do more spins, so that everything is extended and finalised. You must constantly remember that you must do everything to the highest level.

Q: What are you doing best?
A: It's hard to answer. Now many skate well.

Q: Your parents support you at home?
A: They are my most important supporters. They praise and scold. When I'm upset, they cheer me up.

Q: On who from your group you've focused your skating?
A: I've always looked up to Masha Sotskova and no one else.

Q: Then Masha left for CSKA, you and Alyona Kanysheva (who currently trains with Eteri Tutberidze) began to stand out in Snow Leopards. What is your relationship?
A: With Kanysheva, we were rivals in training, and in life we ​​were good friends.

Q: The rivalry hasn't escalated?
A: We see each other, of course, less often, and began to communicate less, I haven't seen Alyona at the Test Skates.

Q: In December, I asked Alina Zagitova whether friendship in sports is possible. She shook her head.
A: I also think there are no special friendships in big sports, since everyone wants to win. Of course, you can have a friend in such situations, but not one who will support you and say something sincere. That's very difficult.

Q: Figure skating is a fierce sport in terms of interrelationships. How not to break morally when you are not even eighteen?
A: The method is the same as in rivalry in the rink - not to react and just do your job.

Q: And envy?
A: I don't react to envy. I have faced envy, but managed to overpower myself, not to look at this person, but keep on working, to catch up and get ahead.

Q: Who do you admire in figure skating?
A: Most of all, of course, Lisa Tuktamysheva and Zhenya Medvyedeva. And Alina Zagitova.

Q: They are so different.
A: I like Zhenya for her skating and emotions, I want to equal Lisa, to learn difficult jumps. Alina delights me with her cascade of Lutz - Rittberger and, it seems to me, she added a lot after last season.
-----

Kseniya has a distinctive train of thoughts and difficult to comprehend speech pattern

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alfonsina and the Sea

Alfonsina Storni was 46 years old when she walked into the sea.

This is actually just a beautiful story. A middle-aged woman with breast cancer, whose old comrade committed suicide, was simply tired of living and left. Biographers say that she threw herself into the sea from a cliff - but the version that she walked into it is much more beautiful. Moreover, it rhymes well with her last poem, sent to the newspaper three days before her suicide. After all, death is an essential part of the life of any creator.

Ah, un encargo:

si él llama nuevamente por teléfono

le dices que no insista, que he salido.

Voy a dormir. Alfonsina Storni, 1938

Alfonsina and the Sea is part of the Argentinean Women series of songs. Eight women are real and fictional, famous and unknown, but all are inspirational. The creators are Felix Luna (text) and Ariel Ramirez (music). The first performer was Mercedes Sosa. The genre is samba, but not bright Brazilian major, but slow and gentle Argentinean. They dance with handkerchiefs in their hands - they even transmitted secret messages.

link to Youtube clip with Kseniya

Storni was an iconic figure in the history of Argentina. She talked about such things as voting rights for women and equal pay, familiar firsthand with these issues. What seems perfectly normal in the 21st century, in the 20s of the 20th, seemed like nothing more than empty dreams. The poet asks what kind of longing accompanied her ... although only God knows this.

Sabe Dios qué angustia te acompañó

qué dolores viejos calló tu voz

Alfonsina Y El Mar. Felix Luna, Ariel Ramirez, 1969

Link to Kseniya skating this part

And she follows the ancient voice of wind and salt. Its voice saves the tormented soul.

Una voz antigua de viento y de sal

te requiebra el alma y la está llevando

In 2011, a cover of the song "Alfonsina and the Sea" was recorded by Norwegian singer Ane Brun. It was included in the album "It All Starts with One". It all starts with one ... but this song is the last on the disc. The sea is the end ... or a new beginning? What does the sea hide? She leaves with her loneliness - to seek new verses. New verses also start somewhere.

Te vas Alfonsina con tu soledad,

¿Qué poemas nuevos fuiste a buscar?

She leaves this world. Like in a dream. Sleeping Alfonsina, lulled by the sea.

When the Chilean poetess Gabriela Mistral remembered Alfonsina, she noted her stinginess in the manifestation of her outward emotions - and at the same time their depth.

Alfonsina went into the sea. And she showed it to us.

... to communicate?

In preparing the article, this resource was used: http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/portales/alfonsina_storni/
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/theedge2/2586705.html

Shows there is always some meaning in the image a serious skater has chosen and the thoughts and attention to detail that went into its realisation.