Makar Ignatov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Makar Ignatov

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Congrats to Makar on winning the Nebelhorn Trophy. Moving from up from 7th after the short to claim victory. I always liked his skating good to see coming back from injury. Maybe it needs a bit more choreography in the programme. He also looked a bit tired towards the end. I didn’t realise he was so tall. Hopefully he can have a great skate in his home GP.

https://youtu.be/JFm1uMMuEQ4

mercybuckets

Rinkside
A great performance by my fave under the radar Russian. I've been a big fan of his sp this season. I think it's much stronger than his fs, so it'll be interesting to see what happens but a great success by Makar regardless!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This is the first season I have noticed Ignatov, especially in the sp.

After the Russian Nationals (men) I posted this already at the thred of 2019-20 Russian Men´s skating:

I think Ignatov skated very well considering his lead after sp and having to skate as last in fs... He did not give up, IMO. I´m hoping that he will be given a slot at Europeans. At WC Russia has only two slots, right?

Anyway, his apparent lack of stamina in the fs worries me. It shows e.g. that he is not doing
enough FULL run-throughs of his fs-program. In sp he shows how great he can be if there is no lack of stamina!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
This is the first season I have noticed Ignatov, especially in the sp.

After the Russian Nationals (men) I posted this already at the thred of 2019-20 Russian Men´s skating:

I think Ignatov skated very well considering his lead after sp and having to skate as last in fs... He did not give up, IMO. I´m hoping that he will be given a slot at Europeans. At WC Russia has only two slots, right?

Anyway, his apparent lack of stamina in the fs worries me. It shows e.g. that he is not doing
enough FULL run-throughs of his fs-program. In sp he shows how great he can be if there is no lack of stamina!

Yes, it’s two WC gentlemen from Russia this year. I am told Russians decide WC assignments based on Europeans results.