Tutto

Record Breaker
Based on scores this year, SA could conceivably be:

1. Chen - 290+
2. Voronov - 270
3. Jin - 265
4. Rippon - 260
5. Yan - 250 (But he is inconsistent)

There is a good chance that the top 4 above make the final, squeezing out Jason Brown

Barring some sort of injury or illness, Chen should make it.

I am not sure if Voronov has found his stride or NHK was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. But, he only needs to finish 5th to make the GPF. I think even if he drops a bit from his NHK performance, he makes the final.

Jin could beat Voronov. I am expecting more in this competition because he is a slow starter at the beginning of the season and gets progressively better.

Rippon performing well should get 4th, but maybe higher if someone like Voronov doesn't do well. He is skating on home turf.

As to the others, Yan looks good and is the one in my mind who could spoil Rippon's chances. While Mura is top notch on a good day, he has been having a lot of problems lately, and Kovtun is the Master of inconsistency. I have no idea where he will place or what we will see from him. He must be feeling a ton of pressure and that is not conducive to great performances. Hendrickx is a nice performer but I don't think he will figure amongst the top. Miner's top score is 248 from two years ago and he scored 233 at Finlandia. I don't think he is going to upset the apple cart. Reynolds hasn't been a real threat for quite a while, either.

I am not sure Voronov will live up to his NHK showing. He has a weight of expectations on him now unlike in his first GP. He beat his PB by 20 points, I would not be surprised if he scored much lower than that (and in line with his average 250) at SA (not that I wish it on him)
Kovtun's coach stated today that Kovtun will compete at SA to start his season but that he has not been doing well in practices. It does not sound too good tbh. I put my bet on Chen, Jin and Rippon on the podium the rest can be totally unpredictable

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am not sure Voronov will live up to his NHK showing. He has a weight of expectations on him now unlike in his first GP. He beat his PB by 20 points, I would not be surprised if he scored much lower than that (and in line with his average 250) at SA (not that I wish it on him)
Kovtun's coach stated today that Kovtun will compete at SA to start his season but that he has not been doing well in practices. It does not sound too good tbh. I put my bet on Chen, Jin and Rippon on the podium the rest can be totally unpredictable

Voronov's scores this season
271.12 - NHK
250.10 - Ice Star
234.07 - Ondrej Nepala

If he scores 250, he should have enough for GPF. He only needs 5th or higher to get into GPF. Here are the scores for 5th place
RC: Moris Kvitelashvili , 250.26
SC: Jorik Hendrickx 237.31
COC: Han Yan 254.61
NHK: Keegan Messing 235.80
TdF: Alexei Bychenko 247.44

Even if Sergei scores what he scores what he did at Ondrej Nepala, that might be still enough, depending on what others do.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Me when I see that J/C didn't qualify: https://gph.is/2xa1HDw (it's W/C, T/M, S/M, D/R, S/K, and X/H)
Also, Jason came soo close. But it's Nathan, Shoma, Sergei, Mikhail, Adam, and Boyang.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Under different circumstances, I might feel as you do about J/C RE: Jason, but at this point, I'm just glad everyone is still intact. And Boyang did a really brave performance today given his injuries, so I can't begrudge him for grabbing that last spot.

Although I won't be surprised if Jason ends up in GPF cause someone W/Ds. It would be kind of cute, cause he would be like his fav, Nobu! :)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
If 4 people withdraw from the GPF in the same discipline, does anyone replace the 4th person? :scratch:

Like Mrs. P, I have no idea, but I'd think so and hope so. But at the same time I don't want 4 people in one discipline to have to withdraw...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
County breakdown:

SENIORS
Russia: 7 (3 ladies, 2 men, 2 pairs)
USA: 5 (3 dance, 2 men)
Canada: 3 (1 lady, 1 pair 1 dance)
China: 3 (2 pair)
Japan: 2 (1 man, 1 lady)
Italy: 2 (1 lady, 1 dance)
Germany: 1 (1 pair)
France: 1 (1 dance)
1st alternates: Men (Jason Brown) : USA Ladies: JPN (Satoko Miyahara) Pairs: FRA (James/Cipres) Dance: RUS (Bobrova/Soloviev)

Juniors:
Russia: 15 (5 ladies, 4 pairs, 4 dance, 2 men)
USA: 4 (3 men ; 1 dance)
Japan: 2(1 men, 1 ladies)
China: 1 (1 pair)
Australia: 1 (1 pair)
Canada: 1 (1 dance)
1st alternates: Men: CAN (Joseph Phan); Ladies: JPN (Mako Yamashita); Pairs RUS (Kostikovich/Ialin); Dance: RUS (KONKINA / YAKUSHEV)

Overall:
Russia: 22
USA: 9
Canada: 4
Japan: 4
China: 4
Italy: 2
Germany: 1
France: 2
Australia: 1

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Men:
Chen
Uno
Voronov
Kolyada
Jin
Rippon
Alternates: 1. Brown 2. Fernandez 3. Ge

Ladies:
Medvedeva
Zagitova
Osmond
Kostner
Sotskova
Higuchi
Alternates: 1. Miyahara 2. Sakamoto 3. Tsurskaya

Pairs:
Sui/Han
Tarasova/Morozov
Savchenko/Massot
Yu/Zhang
Duhamel/Radford
Stolbova/Klimov
Alternates: 1. James/Cipres 2. Astakhova/Rogonov 3. Della Monica/Guarise

Dance:
Virtue/Moir
Papdakis/Cizeron
Shibutani/Shibutani
Hubbell/Donahue
Cappellini/Lanotte
Chock/Bates
Alternates: 1. Bobrova/Soloviev 2. Weaver/Poje 3. Stepanova/Bukin

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
The medals look gorgeous! Of course Japan goes above and beyond :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
After the shockingly unique plastic stars at IdF, every round medals look beautiful to my eyes. :biggrin: