Alena Kanysheva | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alena Kanysheva

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Happy for Alena. 195.12 points it's a big score for such a kid. But she needs a big jump forward for the next season to be competitive with the others. Really like her music during the step sequence. So nice.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Panova's main problem is lack of good choreographer. It's frustrating to see lots of talented girls compelled to skate crappy programs under crappy music. Hence constant low PCS. Someone should tell her that - else her girls will never be successful.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Kanysheva - Amazing Lutz, the deepest outside edge imaginable and also quite pretty otherwise. Very nice jumps in general. Skating skills are great also, borderline amazing. Spins are... okay. Not my favorite.

I just hope she can eventually gain some expression. That really is the thing making her a bit tough to like especially much for me. But certainly, there's time for a skater to learn such things over time and with proper choreo and tailor-made programs, might not even be necessary. But I have to agree, Panova doesn't have great choreo and as I believe Kanysheva would require some rather specific choreo, that's probably not a good combination.

Still, even if she never gains the expression or the choreo she'll be quite enjoyable to watch just by looking at her skates, which is more than can be said for many skaters already.