Alena Kanysheva | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alena Kanysheva

The Finn

Record Breaker
It looks like Kanysheva will make her JGP debut at Austria. She has replaced Nastia Gubanova there.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I wonder if she will do back-to-back events then, or if Lithuania will be changed.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Can she beat Kostornaya??

If neither makes a mistake? No, I think that there's no chance of that happening. But if Kostornaya makes mistakes, then she should be able to.

When we compare their attributes, Kanysheva's one of the few skaters who actually doesn't lose out in skating skills in comparison to Kostornaya. But I don't think that her performing ability is that great, and she somewhat struggles with her jumps - Being her biggest weakness in my opinion. I think it'll be tough for her to earn enough GOE for them even if she lands everything. Her spins also are good, but not as good as Kostornaya's in my eyes.

Still, the difference isn't that massive and if Kostornaya struggles, has a step out or such, then a victory might be possible. Unfortunately though, Kostornaya's already very established while Kanysheva will be earning the debutant's low PCS, so she has her work cut out for her.

In my opinion, an important goal for Kanysheva should be for her to get a second place finish and a high enough score to be able to secure herself a second JGP assignment. It'll be a very tough one to earn this season - The spots will be so limited.

The Finn

Record Breaker
In my opinion, an important goal for Kanysheva should be for her to get a second place finish and a high enough score to be able to secure herself a second JGP assignment. It'll be a very tough one to earn this season - The spots will be so limited.

Yeah, a silver with a score above 190 points would be great outcome for her.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Yeah, a silver with a score above 190 points would be great outcome for her.

Yes, 190 is a great score. Only a select few get a 200+ total score. I think. And Kanysheva doesn’t have a quad planned, I don’t think.
But she’ll need to beat Tarusina scores.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I can’t wait to see her skate! Her skating skills are a dream and I love her jumps as well. I truly hope she can do very very well!!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alyona's today skate was very pleasant to watch, only slightly behind Kostornaia. They were both great and in my opinion deserved higher score.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alena was really great today! She could have got a higher score but she‘s still in 2nd place with a really high margin, so she should be fine. I‘m hoping for her to have a great FS tomorrow with a great score!