9Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
KAZ
10Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS
11Kaetlyn OSMOND
CAN

No.NameNation
1Kaetlyn OSMOND
SP: “Sous Le Ciel de Paris” and “Milord" performed by Edith Piaf; choreo by Lance Vipond (SP)
FS: Andante Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski, No. 24 Scene: Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski, Stumbled Beginnings (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell, Nina's Dream (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle (FS)
CAN
2Laurine LECAVELIER
SP: "Shining Silver Skies" by Ashram; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FS: "Bye Bye Baby" from the Some Like It Hot soundtrack and "My Heart Belongs to Daddy," from the Let's Make Love soundtrack, both sung by Marilyn Monroe; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FRA
3Mae Berenice MEITE
SP: Halo by Beyonce, cover version by Jasmin Thompson, Who Runs the World by Beyonce; choreo by Benoit Richaud
FS: Nocturne No. 20 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. Posth., arranged for Cello and Harp, by Frédéric Dupuis; Happy, featuring Derek Martin, by Derek Martin, C2C; choreo by Shanetta Folle
FRA
4Nicole SCHOTT
SP Nella Fantasia by Jackie Evancho; choreo by Michael Huth
FS Theme from Schindler´s List, by John Williams, performed by Itzhak Perlman with the Boston Symphony Orchestra; choreo by Michael Huth
GER
5Mai MIHARA
SP: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Benoit Richard
FS: "Carlotta" (from "The Mission" soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone, "Gabriel's Oboe (Whispers in a Dream)" by Ennio Morricone performed by Hayley Westenra, "Vita Nostra" (from "The Mission" soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; choreo by David Wilson
JPN
6Yuna SHIRAIWA
SP: La fille aux cheveux de lin (The Girl With Flaxen Hair) by Claude Debussy; choreo by Tim Dickson, Jeffrey Buttle, Cathy Reed
FS: Pictures At An Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky; choreo by Tim Dickson, Jeffrey Buttle, Cathy Reed
JPN
7Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
SP: Carmen by Bizet; performed by David Garrett; choreo by David Wilson
FS: "The Prayer," duet by Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli; choreo by David Wilson
KAZ
8Maria SOTSKOVA
SP: Waltz from "Swan Lake" by Petr I. Tchaikovsky; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev
FS: "Clair de lune" by Claude Debussy; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev
RUS
9Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
SP: "Pisandro Flores" by Ara Malikian; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
FS: "Erinnerung" by Efim Jourist, "Mala Luna" by Gino Vannelli, "El Choclo" by Angel Villoldo, "Obertura" by Lisandro Adrover; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUS
10Alina ZAGITOVA
SP: Black Swan film soundtrack by Clint Mansell and "The Middle of the World" (from Moonlight film soundtrack by Nicholas Britell); choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz
FS: Don Quixote (ballet) by Leon Minkus (2016-17 Jr. LP); choreo by Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleikhengauz
RUS
11Polina EDMUNDS
SP: "Palladio" by Karl Jenkins; choreo by Rudy Galindo
FS: "Bilitis - Generique" performed by Sarah Brightman, "Time To Say Good Bye" performed by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Boccelli; choreo by Rudy Galindo
(both programs originally choreographed for last season, but she never competed due to injury)
USA

Last edited:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Kaetlyn vs Alina is going to be the most intriguing rivalry in this season.

It's a shame they have swans in the different programs.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine Lecavelier has changed her short program music, just for the record; as of SC she's skating to Summer of 1942 by Michael LeGrand.

skatenewbie

Medalist
i hope Mai can place in Top 2... it'll be hard with Osmond and Alina but possible. Well even if Osmond or Alina place 3rd/4th they will go to GPF so Mai 2nd won't be a problem for them, it'll be interesting if its actually happened and Sotskova placed 4th. she will battle with Mai with 4 and 2 placement, but Mai have higher score so Mai would edge Sotskova. it's a different story if Sotskova is in podium

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm already stressing out about my predictions with Kaetlyn and Alina going head to head. It's honestly such a toss up on who's going to take the gold. They've both topped out at around the same score for season's bests so far (though I think Alina has a little bit of an edge here after Lombardia), they've both gone on to win their last GP assignments with falls, not to mention with virtually the same total scores. This is gonna be a nail-biter :drama:

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
I'm also stressed about my predictions! I think it will be sooo close between those two. I can't wait to see what happens. I think I am more excited for this than I was for the NHK!!

TunaKeem

Rinkside
I love Mai and I really wish she could podium here but that requires consistent girls to be inconsistent and I don't see Kaetlyn/Alina or Maria messing up that bad. Even if they fell on a jump, I think the current scoring trend would still have them placing higher than Mai.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Here is the starting order:

1. Polina Edmunds USA
2. Nicole Schott GER
3. Mae Berenice Meite FRA
4. Yuna Shiraiwa JPN
5. Alina Zagitova RUS

6. Laurine Lecavelier FRA
7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS
8. Mai Mihara JPN
9. Elizabet Tursynbaeva KAZ
10. Maria Sotskova RUS
11. Kaetlyn Osmond CAN

They haven't added in another skater to replace Zijun Li yet. It's possible that they may just stick with 11 skaters.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Whyyyy does Alina still not have the ranking to get into the second group??
She's a jr. world champion, a grand prix champion, a jr. grand prix final champion, a jgp champion, a challenger champion, a jr. national champion, and a senior national silver medalist.
What more does she need to do??

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Whyyyy does Alina still not have the ranking to get into the second group??
She's a jr. world champion, a grand prix champion, a jr. grand prix final champion, a jgp champion, a challenger champion, a jr. national champion, and a senior national silver medalist.
What more does she need to do??

The start order is based on ISU World Standings. And:

- National results do not earn any points toward ISU World Standings. Only international results count.

- Junior internationals (JGP, JGPF, JW) are worth fewer points than the corresponding senior internationals.

- ISU World Standings include points for international comps for the current season as well as the two preceding seasons.
Zagitova has zero points from the 2015-16 season.​

Of the field at GP France, Polina Edmunds currently is lowest in the ISU World Standings.
She is a former Four Continents champ who has placed in the top ten at Worlds (twice) and at the Olympics.
But she has zero points for 2016-17 (b/c injury prevented her from competing all season) and zero points so far for 2017-18 (b/c her placement was low at Finlandia).

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
6. Laurine Lecavelier FRA

. . .

They haven't added in another skater to replace Zijun Li yet. It's possible that they may just stick with 11 skaters.

Oh, Laurine starting in the second group has got to be a confidence booster for her. Hope she can finish there as well as starting there!

They haven't replaced Chafik Besseghier in the men's yet either, so it looks like they're sticking with 11 skaters in cases of late-ish withdrawals.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Zagitova is here lol Osmond and the others don’t stand a chance unless Osmond is flawless in the sp and Zagitova falls again

MalAssada

Medalist
In my opinion, there's a clear winner and a challenger who MIGHT have a slim chance.
YMMV.

Which of the two is the clear winner? I'm truly curious. I think a clean Osmond can beat a clean Zagitova just like a faulty Osmond can beat a clean Zagitova, but Osmond isn't the most consistent skater and she relies on PCS to win. Meanwhile, I don't know what to think of Zagitova's consistency since she moved to seniors. Her PCS has potential to increase and will more likely do so... What I'm wondering is, will a a faulty program from Osmond win against a clean Alina? And how likely is Alina to go clean?