Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Thread: 2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    I like Alina so much. I think that too much pressure is being put on her. When I saw the faces of her coach and especially choreographer sitting next too her, I just felt like she's trapped. That was so sad. I hope that this relation isn't as bad as it looks, but I feel really sorry for her. And I am worried about what could happen in a year or two with her.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal7 View Post
    I like Alina so much. I think that too much pressure is being put on her. When I saw the faces of her coach and especially choreographer sitting next too her, I just felt like she's trapped. That was so sad. I hope that this relation isn't as bad as it looks, but I feel really sorry for her. And I am worried about what could happen in a year or two with her.
    I think still that she is strong, talented and will cope. I think most of us (me included) expected her to come to the senior scene and be Medvedeva 2, who never makes mistakes, but it's actually only natural that she suffers from some nerves when making her senior debut and being already seen as potential olympic gold or silver.

If this weren't an olympic year it'd be less pressure for her, but her first senior season and she has to go all in already. I still expect her to have a great FP.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    I give Eteri a 9.75 in Performance PCS for her "utter disgust" face when handing the blade guards to Zagitova.
    i give her a straight 10. pure disgust ozzing out of her eyes
    poor alina, she is just 15

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni234 View Post
    I think still that she is strong, talented and will cope. I think most of us (me included) expected her to come to the senior scene and be Medvedeva 2, who never makes mistakes, but it's actually only natural that she suffers from some nerves when making her senior debut and being already seen as potential olympic gold or silver.

If this weren't an olympic year it'd be less pressure for her, but her first senior season and she has to go all in already. I still expect her to have a great FP.
    Of course, you are right Her abilities, skills are amazing and expectations were high,but I was thinking about her coach and choreographer reactions. He had such expression on his face like he was thinking 'how pathetic, how disgusting', something like that. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I really had that impression. I hope that they are treating her in a proper way - like a human.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Panic in Eteri's rink! first Evgenia now Alina!! The world is ending...

Anyways the skates here were a mess. Katelyn and Alina are supposed to be Olympic podium favorites....It's a little early, but I think carolina looks to be the favorite for the Olympic silver right now.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbob View Post

Anyways the skates here were a mess. Katelyn and Alina are supposed to be Olympic podium favorites....It's a little early, but I think carolina looks to be the favorite for the Olympic silver right now.
    Might be, but I really think that Wakaba Higuchi has shown more up until this point. If it so happens that Kostner would win over Higuchi with both skating an average performance, it'd really sting.

Zagitova probably needed a bit more of an adjustment period. It's quite harsh having to come into seniors and immediately need to do a really difficult program for the Olympics. She probably needed some more time... She's only 15 after all.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal7 View Post
    Of course, you are right Her abilities, skills are amazing and expectations were high,but I was thinking about her coach and choreographer reactions. He had such expression on his face like he was thinking 'how pathetic, how disgusting', something like that. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I really had that impression. I hope that they are treating her in a proper way - like a human.
    Ohh, I don't think so... he always seems really supportive with Alina. And judging on his body language at Lombardia and COC, he looks to really care about everything.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Might be, but I really think that Wakaba Higuchi has shown more up until this point. If it so happens that Kostner would win over Higuchi with both skating an average performance, it'd really sting.

Zagitova probably needed a bit more of an adjustment period. It's quite harsh having to come into seniors and immediately need to do a really difficult program for the Olympics. She probably needed some more time... She's only 15 after all.
    She doesn't have time. It's now or never to beat the others with her technical content - she's the best 'senior' in the World right now, and it is just her luck that this is the Olympic year. I don't think it's all doom and gloom for her. I'm pretty positive she will come back in the LP. And even if not, she still has several outings to prove herself, before judgement day. Technically it will only go down, the older she gets, we know that. I think the cracks are beginning to show now with Evgenia. She might make the Gold medal at Pyeongchang, but she won't be the dominant skater in the years to come.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    She doesn't have time. It's now or never to beat the others with her technical content - she's the best 'senior' in the World right now, and it is just her luck that this is the Olympic year. I don't think it's all doom and gloom for her. I'm pretty positive she will come back in the LP. And even if not, she still has several outings to prove herself, before judgement day. Technically it will only go down, the older she gets, we know that. I think the cracks are beginning to show now with Evgenia. She might make the Gold medal at Pyeongchang, but she won't be the dominant skater in the years to come.
    I don't think it's a luck that this is the Olympic year. The pressure and expectations are too high to handle and she didn't have time to establish herself as a top senior so in case she makes mistakes on the tech part to compensate in PCS - something similar to Med, Kostner and Osmond.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer Polina Tsurskaya to Alina Zagitova now. I'm not sure but this unusually high rate of mistakes by Alina this year are maybe mental - she's obviously nervous.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deneuved View Post
    Never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer Polina Tsurskaya to Alina Zagitova now. I'm not sure but this unusually high rate of mistakes by Alina this year are maybe mental - she's obviously nervous.
    Polina has the mental advantage of coming from behind. I don't like her but I think she'll surprise us this season.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madison View Post
    Ohh, I don't think so... he always seems really supportive with Alina. And judging on his body language at Lombardia and COC, he looks to really care about everything.
    I hope so!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post

And not only that, but she also had just 1 year in juniors, so she doesnt have the competitive experience of most ladies

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbob View Post

If you remember her career in juniors, she bombed her FS at the second GP event last year.

Having all these difficult elements in the second half is a big risk, it makes you feel nervous, and as i said in the past you can see Alina hasn't the mental strenght of Evgenia, if she falls she starts to panic. (yet? maybe but Evgenia always had that)

Here after the first fall, she should have ditched the difficult steps going into the flip, and possibly opt for the 3T instead of the 3lo on the second part of the combination. Little adjustments to make the combo more comfortable.

One bad program isn't the end of the world though: she can still medal with a good skate in the free, her SB is 147 which is the highest in ladies outside Medvedeva.

I'm a little worried about the ice quality: it looks even worse than last year, and it obviously makes the job more difficult for the skaters.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    What a mess. The girls all looked so nervous. Maybe they really really want that gold so badly as this is their last competition when Evgenia won't be there to snatch it from them with a 10 point difference.
    Oh well... At least it's unpredictable and thus exciting.

Hope the French turn up the air conditioning or sth to keep the ice intact for once and that Daniil and Eteri got a nice slap in the face for acting so ashamed as if that's somehow gonna make Alina less stressed out

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59