2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP

moriel

Record Breaker
Might be, but I really think that Wakaba Higuchi has shown more up until this point. If it so happens that Kostner would win over Higuchi with both skating an average performance, it'd really sting.

Zagitova probably needed a bit more of an adjustment period. It's quite harsh having to come into seniors and immediately need to do a really difficult program for the Olympics. She probably needed some more time... She's only 15 after all.

And not only that, but she also had just 1 year in juniors, so she doesnt have the competitive experience of most ladies

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Panic in Eteri's rink! first Evgenia now Alina!! The world is ending...

Anyways the skates here were a mess. Katelyn and Alina are supposed to be Olympic podium favorites....It's a little early, but I think carolina looks to be the favorite for the Olympic silver right now.

If you remember her career in juniors, she bombed her FS at the second GP event last year.

Having all these difficult elements in the second half is a big risk, it makes you feel nervous, and as i said in the past you can see Alina hasn't the mental strenght of Evgenia, if she falls she starts to panic. (yet? maybe but Evgenia always had that)

Here after the first fall, she should have ditched the difficult steps going into the flip, and possibly opt for the 3T instead of the 3lo on the second part of the combination. Little adjustments to make the combo more comfortable.

One bad program isn't the end of the world though: she can still medal with a good skate in the free, her SB is 147 which is the highest in ladies outside Medvedeva.

I'm a little worried about the ice quality: it looks even worse than last year, and it obviously makes the job more difficult for the skaters.

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
What a mess. The girls all looked so nervous. Maybe they really really want that gold so badly as this is their last competition when Evgenia won't be there to snatch it from them with a 10 point difference.
Oh well... At least it's unpredictable and thus exciting.

Hope the French turn up the air conditioning or sth to keep the ice intact for once and that Daniil and Eteri got a nice slap in the face for acting so ashamed as if that's somehow gonna make Alina less stressed out :rolleye:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I call her Cruella De Mon for a reason :drama: She even has little bit of that fashion style.

:laugh: I remember that when I first saw Eteri(she had black hair then I think) I immediately thought of the mom in the Addams family.