Sotnikova cleared of doping charge | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sotnikova cleared of doping charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
oh one more, to all true Yuna fans or figure skating fans who is still furious about Sochi Scandal, let them celebrate their moment of headlines here.
We have much more interesting and meaningful thing to do or enjoy.:)

Grin

Medalist
oh one more, to all true Yuna fans or figure skating fans who is still furious about Sochi Scandal, let them celebrate their moment of headlines here.

For me it seems like most of Yuna fans spend their free time writing hateful and salty comments under Russian ladies videos. I know in theory they are a minority. But I can rarely see Yuna fans of other type.

lyndichee

Medalist
For me it seems like most of Yuna fans spend their free time writing hateful and salty comments under Russian ladies videos. I know in theory they are a minority. But I can rarely see Yuna fans of other type.

Theory? Way to make a generalization. Kim Yuna is my favourite figure skater of all time and I got way better things to do with my life than to write mean comments about Adelina. I've actually been defending Adelina. They are two phenomenal talents and I wish to remember the good more than the bad.

Grin

Medalist
Theory? Way to make a generalization. Kim Yuna is my favourite figure skater of all time and I got way better things to do with my life than to write mean comments about Adelina. I've actually been defending Adelina. They are two phenomenal talents and I wish to remember the good more than the bad.

Did I say Adelina? Yuna fans call 13 yo girls whores in comments sections. And those comments collect +20 likes or so. I've admired Yuna in 2010 and in 2014. But for me her name means hatred and insults now, I just can't watch her anymore.

moriel

Record Breaker
Are you serious? Links and examples wont do anything because for you it will be normal behavior,so it seems. Thats ok,For me it was little innapropriate and I think she could be little more modest. It is subjective matter. I dont have to proof anything , theres no such way to do it.

If you cannot prove it, please stop spreading nasty rumors.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

said I'm out, here I'm in this thread again, laughing at myself:biggrin:
how to answer your question, well, I think, simply put, true Yuna fans usually do NOT accuse other skaters' fans for whatever. like e.g. in this pattern X's fans is the worst ...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

read the comments on YT, please..

Mussique

On the Ice
In any case, no skater should be blamed for having a terrible fanbase. I've seen terrible comments in all kind of skaters, even in juniors. My advice? Please don't read them. If you do, blame them, and not their favorite skater

macy

Record Breaker
I've admired Yuna in 2010 and in 2014. But for me her name means hatred and insults now, I just can't watch her anymore.

that's unfortunate because what her fans say to others has nothing to do with yuna, her skating, or what she has or hasn't said/done.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
that's unfortunate because what her fans say to others has nothing to do with yuna, her skating, or what she has or hasn't said/done.

Yuna has some of the best fans and some of the nicest can be found right here at GS!!!

lyndichee

Medalist
Did I say Adelina? Yuna fans call 13 yo girls wh*res in comments sections. And those comments collect +20 likes or so. I've admired Yuna in 2010 and in 2014. But for me her name means hatred and insults now, I just can't watch her anymore.

Then they are simply bad people. If you cannot separate Kim Yuna's legacy and poisonous online trolls, then you'll find the internet to be a very difficult place to be. Notice how I called out your generalization and didn't use your behaviour to characterize other fans of figure skating.

I find it really hard to revisit this forum if every discussion has to dive into a diss about others. I don't wish to bicker with you. Please don't use your observations to say that all Yuna fans are bad.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think that blaming Yuna for the conduct of some of her fans, is akin to blaming Adelina for her scores. It's just easier for some people to focus on the skaters, instead of the people actually responsible for whatever.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think it's good that the IOC has investigated Adelina's "case" (Although I thought that there was really nothing to investigate. Yes, there were scratch marks on her samples, but not those kind of scratch marks that indicated tampering.), because now she has her name cleared and I consider that to be a very good thing for her and for the sport.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

uhmmm.. people who write such things aren't "most of Yuna fans". they are just people who have nothing better to do in their life than harass a person they don't know personally.
being a fan of Yuna, comments like this triggers me for real. way to generalize, man.

--

anyway, i'm happy for Ade that her name was cleared. she has suffered enough accusation already.

RABID

Final Flight

This comment is intolerable.
I and from what I have read from other Yuna fans here had issues with the JUDGING.... In fact I felt sorry for Adelina for being ANOTHER victim of judging politics. I knew, through no fault of her own, that she would always wear a taint about her medal. Contrarily, in the court of public opinion, Yuna would always be the un-tainted and "robbed" super talent; I'm not bitter at all about that. Her legacy if anything grew with that debacle of a competition. Quit it with the inferred slander!

fredtx121

On the Ice
So if Adelina was caught doping....would that mean Yu Na gets the Gold, Carolina gets the Silver and Gracie gets the Bronze? I wonder if that would cheer Gracie up having a Individual Bronze Medal and hopefully lift her spirits and get out of all the issues she is currently having. But these issues are probably much deeper problem then what we actually know. But I guess it doesn't matter since Adelina is cleared.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's good that the IOC has investigated Adelina's "case" (Although I thought that there was really nothing to investigate. Yes, there were scratch marks on her samples, but not those kind of scratch marks that indicated tampering.), because now she has her name cleared and I consider that to be a very good thing for her and for the sport.

But even that was in question due to WADA bumbling and fumbling up their own evidence.

No names of alleged dopers were revealed but they were made available to the International Olympic Committee and sports federations to take further action, with the published evidence referring to athletes by reference number.

This was also not without errors, according to Wada, which wrote: “Due to a technical malfunction, Wada has been made aware that certain athlete code references have been misattributed by the team – e.g. we have seen situations where an athlete code reference was attributed to a certain athlete in sport X while it should have been attributed to another athlete in sport Y.”

:palmf:

Status
Not open for further replies.