2017 GP NHK Ladies FS | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies FS

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Very uncharacteristic to see Medvedeva fall on the opening 3Lz and then turn-out on the 3F. But her best technical ability (apart from the tanos and rippons) is that she can tack on the 3T on pretty much anything.

As for the program artistically, I think it's a touch overthought. It feels like it has a lot of short sentences and I'm not sure what they all say as a whole yet. I liked her two programs last year and the year before that a bit more, but it's still early in the season. She'll likely stay in first with the lead from the short.

Warwick360

Medalist
This dress has too much going on. Between the gloves, necklace, sleeves, and back, it makes it very unflattering. Oh and the see-through skirt.

I think it's great. Very Anna Karenina. Very over the top. Very much like the character.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Poor Zhenya. She's a real fighter tho. Still gonna get 140+. And this train wreck program is my guilty pleasure this season.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
after how many near perfect skaters, stop freaking out over mistakes. (injury) she allowed some, no one skates perfect all the time for over 2-3 year period. There is bound to be some . we hardly see in gp /worlds, euro competition from her but it does happen.

she is still skating well despite the mistake.

True, but it's a testament to Evgenia's legendary consistency that we're all freaking out over a fall from her. Any other top competitor in the sport, sure, falls happen from time to time. Some of them, like Yuzuru, are frequently popstars or splat shows. But Evgenia, it's so rare!

Lissy

Medalist
Her makeup skills have really improved! Her eyeshadow looks really nice and the eyeliner is good.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Lol Nobu's face and Akiko when EVgenia did the rippon combo right in front of them

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh, come on, guys. She's a human being. And puberty has hit her already some time ago. She's not a little girl anymore.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She looks a little downhearted after that.

I wonder if this really does leave the door open for someone else to win?! If so NHK will be the upset of the season so far!

It won't be an upset. Evgenia is too far ahead and Carolina's content isn't difficult enough and Tsurskaya won't get enough PCS.

da96103

Record Breaker
(Meanwhile, in Russia, a little girl named Zagitova is rubbing her hands gleefully."My precious.")

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Oooof. Well, at least her qualifiers are done, and she can get off her ankle for a while. Get better before the GPF!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I hope injury doesn't get more serious and take her chance to be olympic champion. Not her uber fan but she deserves it the most :(