Standout Elements | Golden Skate

Standout Elements

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is a place to share a standout moment of execution whether it's a jump or twizzle pass or spin or whatever. Let's see the good stuff!! Chose an element or movement that stands out as a moment that impressed you for it's quality of execution and share it here!

For me the timing and execution of the Knierims Throw 3 Sal deserves a little extra attention!

https://youtu.be/8TLnI7lo3q8?t=1m17s

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir non-touching step sequence in SD - always works in a way it never works for anyone else (my opinion)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara's Layback spin in her FS. Literal perfection.

randomsplashes

Rinkside
V/M's opening stationary lift in the FD where Tessa literally jumps backwards onto Scott. It just sets the tone of the program for me :love:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Polina Tsurskaya's triple lutz with massive height, distance, and delayed rotation!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
V/M's opening stationary lift in the FD where Tessa literally jumps backwards onto Scott. It just sets the tone of the program for me :love:

Stolen from Maks and Meryl DWTS lol.

Can someone explain that new very gross lift where she’s on his shoulders and um well he is face is between her legs. That was not there at sc was it? It’s awful!

randomsplashes

Rinkside

Can someone explain that new very gross lift where she’s on his shoulders and um well he is face is between her legs. That was not there at sc was it? It’s awful!

You mean that extremely difficult and unique "Carmen" rotational lift? It was there at SCI and I loved it.
I still don't get how people are clutching their pearls over this.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sui/Han - tano twist in SP, quad twist in FS, all throws with time to flip hair and check on judges' well-being:cool14:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

:shocked: I remeber the opening ! But the rest is very different though, I doubt that they took it from there haha.

They had that lift in their 2012-2013 Carmen FD. It is back since ACI, it was here at SCI too. It's not really new (unless you didn't see Ice Dance at the time).

ChanClan

On the Ice

So they stole the whole lift from Maks and Meryl?

The rotational lift may not be what some people want to see but VM clearly like that lift, it's difficult, it's a crowd grabber, and they execute it well. So why wouldn't they use it?

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
So they stole the whole lift from Maks and Meryl?

The rotational lift may not be what some people want to see but VM clearly like that lift, it's difficult, it's a crowd grabber, and they execute it well. So why wouldn't they use it?

They won't change any of their lifts anyway. 2 GPs in a row they got all the points for the 3 lifts in the FD. They can't even get more points for their lifts if that's possible.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They won't change any of their lifts anyway. 2 GPs in a row they got all the points for the 3 lifts in the FD. They can't even get more points for their lifts if that's possible.

...and some people will complain about those lifts anyway.

I think that the lifts are there for the purpose - and the purpose intended is not about people's liking or 'wishing upon a star'. All lifts are: fitting to the concept of the program, have 'momentum' factor, are greatly incorporated within the program AND are making their job levels and points-wise.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott's pattern is heavenly. :love: (It almost makes the latin SDs tolerable. Almost . . . )

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott's pattern is heavenly. :love: (It almost makes the latin SDs tolerable. Almost . . . )

couple of weeks ago, I made myself re-watch 2012 Worlds with the same pattern and compare those performances to this season's ones for several teams, just for fun. And in my potato viewer eyes, Tessa and Scott not only maintained the great quality and flow of that pattern, but even excelled in its speed and coverage. This time aroud, it feels more confident and 'owned' by them, like the whole SD:)

GGFan

Record Breaker
couple of weeks ago, I made myself re-watch 2012 Worlds with the same pattern and compare those performances to this season's ones for several teams, just for fun. And in my potato viewer eyes, Tessa and Scott not only maintained the great quality and flow of that pattern, but even excelled in its speed and coverage. This time aroud, it feels more confident and 'owned' by them, like the whole SD:)

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree. The biggest change I see is Tessa. She was concentrating real hard during those choctaws in 2012 and holding Scott's hands. She looks like she is completely secure in her skating now. It may well have to do with her basic technique. She was still having compartment syndrome problems in 2012. They've said that they completely broke down and rebuilt their technique since going to Montreal. :hijacked: