Standout Elements | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Standout Elements

GGFan

Record Breaker
One more. The best example of this might be during her SP step sequence, but it transcends any one element: Satoko's hands. They are poetry. Throughout both of her programs they punctuate and enhance the story. World class :bow:

moriel

Record Breaker
Polina's jumps overall <3
They are big, and she is tall, and it looks like she goes over the boarders.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Polina's beautiful jumps!

And, Evgenia's save combo in the second half really made me respect her as an athlete.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
So they stole the whole lift from Maks and Meryl?

The rotational lift may not be what some people want to see but VM clearly like that lift, it's difficult, it's a crowd grabber, and they execute it well. So why wouldn't they use it?
You decide. :)

DWTS Tango:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq5mCu5pJIY&t=35s

V/M NHK fd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GPM3E-YacE&t=26s

IMHO, what Tessa and Scott do is much, much more technically demanding. And I'd be interested to hear from posters with ballroom dance knowledge to find examples that pre-date that DWTS tango. i.e. did Maks invent that move? ;) :p

I remember reading (alas, it was a library book) about how V/M's "goose lift" came to be. Marina showed then a picture from a ballet magazine and dared them to replicate that on ice. When Tessa and Scott finally did so, Marina admitted that she didn't think it was possible and was amazed that they succeeded.

Part of ice dance is about translating dance moves on ice. And as a V/M fan, I don't care where they get their inspiration, I'm SOLD. :love:

:eek:topic: Now speaking of stealing ... or borrowing ... or imitation being the sincerest form of flattery ... ;)

https://m.youku.com/video/id_XMzAxNzQ4NzUwMA==.html?source=

Ice Diva

On the Ice
And DWTS probably "stole" it from someone/somewhere else :laugh2: Tango's been around for a long, long time!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
One of the best standout elements was Keegan Messing's 3Axel late in his program, right on the music.

It was worth 0 points.

Celine

On the Ice
Standout element for me: Anything of the big tricks from Sui/Han, but especially landings from throws. gasp-worthy.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
One of the best standout elements was Keegan Messing's 3Axel late in his program, right on the music.

It was worth 0 points.

Why was it?
I looked at the protocols and he did only one more before it, in combination.
It wasn't an extra jumping pass.
So what happened?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Why was it?
I looked at the protocols and he did only one more before it, in combination.
It wasn't an extra jumping pass.
So what happened?

The much-despised CBC actually explained it. They're only allowed to repeat two types of jump. He's already repeated two (can't remember what one of them was, but the other was 3T). So when he repeated 3A, it was one too many "repeats",and got zero. He'd only planned on doing one 3T, but had "popped" a 4T into a 3T, plus done a planned 3T, giving him 2 3Ts.