Favorite Russian lady? | Golden Skate

Favorite Russian lady?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I remember a long time when one could choose either Maria or Irina and both had talent but big flaws. Irina the jumper never really looked elegant until later in her career and I never could watch Maria as her nerves were so bad she messed up most jumps but she was very pretty.

Now Russia seems to have a template and Eteri is queen but there are others. Sostkova is stunning and tall. Then there is Liza and Elena who were stars. Already gone are two faves Adelina and Julia who stole hearts. So of current ladies who is your favorite? I cannot decide and sadly Anna P Is too histrionic but on a good day she’s great too. All these ladies.

I don’t like Zagitovas programs. The ballerina tutu doesn’t go with laying egg moves so I hope to like next years programs more. She is talented no doubt. I think my favorite is still Radionova. She skates with her heart and is the most musical girl. Masha will be unbeatable if she has more expression better packaging. I have to say I like Polina a lot and maybe she is the best or second best but no one has Elena’s heart. All these girls at Russian Nationals make it the best ladies Nationals to watch and second or maybe first after all is Japan. Both will be bloodbaths.

Under dogs are Liza and Elena and I still enjoy Elena - her arms are so lovely to watch.

Who is your favorite Russian girl this year? All time?

winky97

Medalist
I have a weak spot for Radionova. Have pretty much since she was a Junior. I also like Sotskova and Polina T. I like seeing the tall girls succeed. It's is great for both Sotskova and Polina T that they matured before making their Senior debut. Polina' jumps are beautiful. Once she adjust and can truly present a program she will be a force. Maria's skating is beautiful. I just need her to have a little fire.

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
I legit enjoy that she is just so different and fun. I'm really starting to like Polina as well.

skatefan17

On the Ice
I live for Polina T's big, explosive jumps which I had never noticed before NHK Trophy. I would rather Alina than Evgenia win gold, as I find her more exciting. My favorite female Russian skater was Adelina, post-Olympics when she started performing again. Her movement across the ice was very nice.

madison

Record Breaker
Elena Radionova because she's an ultra diva with lots of courage and passion
Alina Zagitova because her mixture of feminine-childish attitude is so charming and she is so lovely.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALL OF THEM!!! :biggrin: :devil:

Seriously, though, this is a hard question. Because all of them stand out in their own way.

I think there has only really been one Russian ladies skater that I haven't liked... and ironically, she is the skater that has been mentioned most in this thread so far! But, that's just because her style of skating isn't to my taste. She seems a nice enough girl otherwise.

This year, it's between Sotskova and Zagitova. Maria was my favourite Junior skater a few years ago, and then when she left Alina took over that mantle. And now that they are in Seniors, I still like them a lot. I can see both of them going to Pyeongchang.

All time? That's tough.

Of course, Liza is in my username for a reason. I have absolutely loved her since the first time I saw her. But, back when I was starting to get into figure skating, it was Irina that caught my eye (probably because she was winning everything! :laugh: ) And more recently, Anna Pogo has been my favourite (she may be inconsistent to the extreme, but when she's on fire, she's an absolute firecracker!)

On balance... yeah, Liza! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Tulipstar

Medalist
Evgenia is first for me. I like miming:cheer: and her attitude.

I think Liza is second, but then it becomes hard as I like lots of them. Third was probably Anna, but I'm now almost more afraid than excited to watch her. I like Polina and Elena a lot as well.

For juniors, I like Anastasia Tarakanova and can't wait to see what Anna Shcherbakova will do when she's healed.

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
Evgenia Medvedeva, of course.

She simply flies over the ice, has amazing musicality, and her jumps are wonderful (especially rippons) :luv17:

jiawen2016

On the Ice
I guess it's no secret that Anna Pogorilaya is my favorite. She really wowed me when I saw her live in Boston in 2016 (that stsq in her SP was so intense and just incredible to watch it live). I love her explosive emotions with her powerful skating, especially in her exhibitions programs. She's a femme fatale on and off ice who keeps intriguing me with all her ups and downs.

Now I'm expecting to be wowed by Polina Tsurskaya live at Skate America!

I really love all of the Russian ladies, and somehow got emotionally attached to them. I guess I will always feel happy for some and sorry for others. It's a cruel sport!

Grin

Medalist
OMG, I forgot about Alena Kostornaya. I love her too. Such a difficult choise ...

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Evgenia Medvedeva and Elena Radionova.

But really I do like most of them.

Helena b

Rinkside
1. Favorite Senior: Polina Tsurskaya. I first saw her at Junior Grand Prix a year ago and since then she's definitely my favorite. She's so tall, graceful and mature for her age. I can watch her programs again and again (even if they are boring as her current free one).

2. All time favorite: Yulia Lipnitskaya was the lady who brought me to figure skating, and it wasn't even her famous Schindler program (which was, of course, sensational) but her Les feuilles mortes short program on Rostelecom. She was so elegant and beautiful and then there was the free program... I miss her very much now.

3. Favorite junior: Anastasia Tarakanova. I absolutely in love with her programs this year and she was amazing in Salzburg. So fast, emotional and explosive.

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, lets go:
1. Favourite senior: Polina Tsurskaya. People above already said it all, she is awesome. And on top of having awesome jumps, she is tall.
2. Favourite junior: Anastasia Tarakanova. Wild and expolsive
3. Favourite pairs: Kristina from A/R. BecauseI love A/R duh