Random team event like at YOG | Golden Skate

Random team event like at YOG

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
hey guys i just remembered very cool competition from YOG where all skaters were divided into different groups. there wasn't a country status like boring team events with the same skaters from the same countries. there were mixed skaters from different countries. and top skaters there were in the same group with more weaker skaters it was really cool and challenging.

just imagine fight between:

group 1) ashley wagner, mikhail kolyada, markei/hotarek, h/d
group 2) evgenia medvedeva, jason brown, james/cipres, c/l
group 3) mirai nagasu, yuzuru hanyu, tarasova/morozov, parsons
group 4) elena radionova, boyang jin, duhamel/radford, s/k

etc etc

are such competitions held or it was just test exception? and anyways which teams you'd like to see?

that could be really amazing competition without many national bias. only supporting favorite teams and more fun

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
That would be tons of fun.
As I recall Deniss pulled his team up from 8th to 3rd in 2016 :) It would be fun to see unexpected big moves like that.

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
how lazy you are guys!! i meant you can create your own teams. :) so, it was a test competition...... :(

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
how lazy you are guys!! i meant you can create your own teams. :) so, it was a test competition...... :(

Ah I didn't realise we could do that! I will have think of something... better go find a randomizer or else I will be very biased lol
And it seems (going by Wikipedia) Mixed-NOC team events have been held at both summer and winter YOG since 2010, in many disciplines, but only there. Don't know if there are any plans to bring it to the actual Olys.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
hey guys i just remembered very cool competition from YOG where all skaters were divided into different groups. there wasn't a country status like boring team events with the same skaters from the same countries. there were mixed skaters from different countries. and top skaters there were in the same group with more weaker skaters it was really cool and challenging.

just imagine fight between:

group 1) ashley wagner, mikhail kolyada, markei/hotarek, h/d
group 2) evgenia medvedeva, jason brown, james/cipres, c/l
group 3) mirai nagasu, yuzuru hanyu, tarasova/morozov, parsons
group 4) elena radionova, boyang jin, duhamel/radford, s/k

etc etc

are such competitions held or it was just test exception? and anyways which teams you'd like to see?

that could be really amazing competition without many national bias. only supporting favorite teams and more fun

To be honest it would be awesome.

Especially if those groups comes out from a draw in a total unbiased way.

Though it won't be as exciting for all the skaters: i remember Dave and Jenny from TSL said multiple times that there are a number of skaters who don't like competitions like WTT where you're competing just for fun.

Plus there are a number of skaters who aren't as friendly for everyone, like D/R who often criticizes the russians (and maybe also P/G), would you imagine D/R being in the same team with B/S? :laugh:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm using a randomizer:

Wakaba Higuchi, Nathan Chen, M/H, H/D
Alina Zagitova, Mikhail Kolyada, S/BA, V/M
Mirai Nagasu, Yuzuru Hanyu, C/LD, S/B
Carolina Kostner, Patrick Chan, S/H, P/C
Polina Tsurskaya, Javier Fernandez, D/R, C/L
Evgenia Medvedeva, Vincent Zhou, T/M, W/P
Bradie Tennell, Jason Brown, S/B, S/B
Mai Mihara, Keiji Tanaka, J/C, ShibsSibs
Ashley Wagner, Shoma Uno, SK/K, B/S

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
Ah I didn't realise we could do that! I will have think of something... better go find a randomizer or else I will be very biased lol
And it seems (going by Wikipedia) Mixed-NOC team events have been held at both summer and winter YOG since 2010, in many disciplines, but only there. Don't know if there are any plans to bring it to the actual Olys.

that's sad! they really should orginize something like this every year, this is really much interesting than japan open or team world cup

I'm using a randomizer:

Wakaba Higuchi, Nathan Chen, M/H, H/D
Alina Zagitova, Mikhail Kolyada, S/BA, V/M
Mirai Nagasu, Yuzuru Hanyu, C/LD, S/B
Carolina Kostner, Patrick Chan, S/H, P/C
Polina Tsurskaya, Javier Fernandez, D/R, C/L
Evgenia Medvedeva, Vincent Zhou, T/M, W/P
Bradie Tennell, Jason Brown, S/B, S/B
Mai Mihara, Keiji Tanaka, J/C, ShibsSibs
Ashley Wagner, Shoma Uno, SK/K, B/S

not bad! but really confusing with shorten names

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
that's sad! they really should orginize something like this every year, this is really much interesting than japan open or team world cup

not bad! but really confusing with shorten names

Sorry! I was trying to copy the lists over quickly and I had to type everything out!