Camel spin | Golden Skate

Camel spin

katyaaranda

Rinkside
hi, i had always problems with camel spins, they took me a lot of time to get them correctly, today i practiced it and i get a lot into inside edge and i can't hold it, i am afraid i lost it again, what do you recommend me to do?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hi, i had always problems with camel spins, they took me a lot of time to get them correctly, today i practiced it and i get a lot into inside edge and i can't hold it, i am afraid i lost it again, what do you recommend me to do?

are you getting enough speed and momentum entering it on your back crossovers and 'wind up' and then your reverse and push into it? Also are you possibly getting too far forward on your blade and having your weight getting over or almost over your picks which would cause you to lose it.

Make sure when you reverse to push into it that your shoulders are level and you step in with a strong deep curve and get deep in your skating knee.

katyaaranda

Rinkside
are you getting enough speed and momentum entering it on your back crossovers and 'wind up' and then your reverse and push into it? Also are you possibly getting too far forward on your blade and having your weight getting over or almost over your picks which would cause you to lose it.

Make sure when you reverse to push into it that your shoulders are level and you step in with a strong deep curve and get deep in your skating knee.

thank you i guess it was just a bad day today it was perfect thank you