Can France have a nice ice rink? | Golden Skate

Can France have a nice ice rink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayW

Final Flight
Last year, there was so much water on ice during TEB event.

This year again, on my CBC feed, it shows workers have to push water outside the rink.

What a joke.

da96103

Record Breaker
Again. And if history repeats itself, Coach Fluffy will wear her leather jacket instead of her fluffy mink coat, indicating the rise in temperature.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
JayW you said you had a screenshot, could you upload it on a site like tinypic and link it so we can see?

One might say it's Olympic pressure, but when an event goes badly year after year across disciplines...

JayW

Final Flight
JayW you said you had a screenshot, could you upload it on a site like tinypic and link it so we can see?

One might say it's Olympic pressure, but when an event goes badly year after year across disciplines...

Thanks, I just uploaded two pics.

2mnmyy8.jpg

2qsm0t2.png

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Can not see much on the pictures. But seems France does not care about this event at all.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Better yet, get the event out of France. Grr.
I'm tired of having a splat-fest event on ice this slippery. If Medvedeva fell here last year, arguably her best year to date, then there's kind of a problem. If all of the ladies except for Yuna had a splatfest here, then it's really a problem. Problems need solutions, some faster than others. And this is a critical one.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Can not see much on the pictures. But seems France does not care about this event at all.

The GPF was also a disaster last year with plastic medals, no banquet, and at least one instance of skaters having to share a bed(!). What has to be done to get a GP moved somewhere new? They can't keep their sponsors so isn't it time to give another country a chance?

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
The GPF was also a disaster last year with plastic medals, no banquet, and at least one instance of skaters having to share a bed(!). What has to be done to get a GP moved somewhere new? They can't keep their sponsors so isn't it time to give another country a chance?

plastic medals:eeking:
at least one instance of skaters having to share a bed(!):shocked::laugh2:

Just give it to Italy :)

berry8

Final Flight

So trueee

da96103

Record Breaker

I am sorry but you got it wrong. They were not plastic medals. They were plastic coasters.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
In Alina's replay, you can see her foot having to go through some water to land, and thus the fall since the ice wasn't icy enough.
Enough is enough.
Petition for change!! ISU please listen to us!

da96103

Record Breaker
Also at medal ceremony, the three winners could barely stand together for pictures on the gold podium because the podium space was so small.

kenboy123

On the Ice
In Alina's replay, you can see her foot having to go through some water to land, and thus the fall since the ice wasn't icy enough.
Enough is enough.
Petition for change!! ISU please listen to us!

Are you implying that without the watery ice, Zagitova would not have fallen and would have been higher (even 1st or 2nd), if you are...then i think that is a faulty argument???...Aren't the conditions the same for everyone???..if so, part of being an athlete is adjusting to all conditions, i would think...but i do agree that the ice was bad...

Also, why do we even have a GP in France...i mean that might have a really ice dance team and maybe a pairs team, but what else????....

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Are you implying that without the watery ice, Zagitova would not have fallen and would have been higher (even 1st or 2nd), if you are...then i think that is a faulty argument???...Aren't the conditions the same for everyone???..if so, part of being an athlete is adjusting to all conditions, i would think...but i do agree that the ice was bad...

Also, why do we even have a GP in France...i mean that might have a really ice dance team and maybe a pairs team, but what else????....

No I'm implying that the bad ice is a key reason for the splatfest, for everyone.

I don't know. There's P/C and J/C but that's really it. That combined with the infamously poor conditions and lack of sponsorship should cause the ISU to rethink this...
There was originally a grand prix in Germany...

pearly

Record Breaker
I would think that if the GP is moved from France it would go to a European country that already has a challenger. The challenger would become a GP series competition.

Ender

Match Penalty
People should feel sorry for them... they lost their sponsor (though it’s their fault)...

Status
Not open for further replies.