Sakhanovich to replace Pogorilaya at SA | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sakhanovich to replace Pogorilaya at SA

jiawen2016

On the Ice
Honestly I think Anna dug her grave by withdrawing here, she really needed to have a strong international skate before showing up at nationals, and now with polina t and Maria, it’ll be almost impossible for her to be on the team even if she is clean at nats

She would have dug her grave had she chosen to compete at Skate America, which would definitely aggravate her injury even more. She commented that she could not even take off her skates and costumes after a competition, and she cannot even skate now, let alone jumps; that is how strong her back pain has been. All she needs now is rest, recovery, love and support:ghug:.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
After what we heard at Skate Canada (Anna Tsareva said that Pogo didn't practice her FS) i was expecting this to be honest.

Interested to see Sakhanovich back.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Honestly I think Anna dug her grave by withdrawing here, she really needed to have a strong international skate before showing up at nationals, and now with polina t and Maria, it’ll be almost impossible for her to be on the team even if she is clean at nats

What a vile thing to say about someone with a serious injury. Anna Tsareva, is that you? Health always comes first.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Her WD here is not a good picture but I would like to remind you guys that she is struggling with her spine...

sinnerspinner

On the Ice
Wow, how exciting for Sima! Although also nerve-wracking, since apparently she has to go coachless!

Fingers crossed for a great competition for her! :pray: Go Sima!

Very sad to hear about Anna though, her poor back :( I hope she can get it successfully treated and get healthy.

Her coach Plushenko is in a plane now! He will be at Skate America the first time as a coach. I just saw his Ig.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Her coach Plushenko is in a plane now! He will be at Skate America the first time as a ciach. I just saw his Ig.

Yes, I saw this! I'm very glad Sima gets to have her coach with her, plus a chance to see Plushy in coachmode is always a treat. :laugh:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How horribly disappointing for Anna, but Serafima did a wonderful job yesterday. I can't imagine the pressure of being called up last minute and knowing this is your big chance, but she handled it admirably. Plushy is really supportive too; very nice to see. Seeing the two of them so happy in the kiss and cry was the highlight of the events yesterday for me. Hopefully she does a kick butt long program too tonight!