Medvedeva WDs from GPF | Golden Skate

Medvedeva WDs from GPF

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3390-ev...ale-gran-pri-nesmotrya-na-obstoyatelstva.html
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...edeva-broken-foot-may-miss-gp-final-1.4412583

"If doctors forbid performing in Japan, then this would be the worst scenario. It would be very difficult for me to watch from the side the struggle of athletes. Especially since I was selected for the final. And, as I said, this would be the first competition in my career that I would miss because of injury.

But I very much hope that this will not happen. In any case, for myself, I decided that I want to perform in the Grand Prix final, no matter what."

This... does not sound like good news. Apparently she went to Germany before NHK and was diagnosed with "a crack in the metatarsal bone of the right foot" which has not healed properly betweeh Rostelecom and NHK despite her training less hours and taking all the medicine prescribed - she says she's doing rehabilitation right now.

:sad21:

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3390-ev...ale-gran-pri-nesmotrya-na-obstoyatelstva.html

"If doctors forbid performing in Japan, then this would be the worst scenario. It would be very difficult for me to watch from the side the struggle of athletes. Especially since I was selected for the final. And, as I said, this would be the first competition in my career that I would miss because of injury.

But I very much hope that this will not happen. In any case, for myself, I decided that I want to perform in the Grand Prix final, no matter what."

This... does not sound like good news. Apparently she went to Germany before NHK and was diagnosed with "a crack in the metatarsal bone of the right foot" which has not healed properly betweeh Rostelecom and NHK despite her training less hours and taking all the medicine prescribed - she says she's doing rehabilitation right now.

:sad21:

Oh my goodness, no.
I know injuries happen, heck I know that from personal experience.

But Zhenya is the last person I would expect to be injured right now and the least person I "want" to be injured (I don't want anyone to be injured...) I don't want her injured especially in the leadup to the Olympics. She's the one that deserves to be Olympic champion if she skates the way she usually does. And she's such a sweet and adorable human that I just want to protect her from all of the injuries and bad luck.

Zhenya, I hope that the physical therapy works! Do what your doctors say because if you don't it will just get worse. I can't deal with this news. I will choose to be optimistic that it will FULLY heal and that she will be cleared to compete.
But a crack (stress fracture?) does not sound good.

Zhenya take care of yourself!! We're all thinking of you and want only the best for you! :ghug::console:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
better skip GPF and be healthy for Olympics... but yeah... i know that she would like to confront Zagitova and Osmond on the same ice. I'd love to see this too but I have always been in the better be safe than sorry clan... so I wish her a complete recovery and lots of rest and rehab. Disastrous season for many....

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Eek, if her foot hasn't truly healed, I would want her to withdraw and heal. Russian Nationals and the Olympic Gold Medal are worth more than getting another GPF title (as much as Japan wants Sailor Moon).

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The GPF isn't that important. I'd prefer to see her rest to be ready for the Olympics. Also, this would give the fantastic Wakaba a great opportunity to participate in the GPF. I think only Ashley beating Polina, and both having massive scores, prevents Wakaba from qualifying.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Eek, if her foot hasn't truly healed, I would want her to withdraw and heal. Russian Nationals and the Olympic Gold Medal are worth more than getting another GPF title (as much as Japan wants Sailor Moon).

I would exclude Nationals - she does not need them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@Spirals : it's a crack... not a full on fracture.... :console: and i know you are emotional here but of course Zhenya doesn't deserve an injury: NOBODY ever does.. it sounded a bit weird to read these words in your post.

mrrice

Record Breaker
better skip GPF and be healthy for Olympics... but yeah... i know that she would like to confront Zagitova and Osmond on the same ice. I'd love to see this too but I have always been in the better be safe than sorry clan... so I wish her a complete recovery and lots of rest and rehab. Disastrous season for many....

Right!! Of all the years to skip the GPF in order to preserve one's health, this is the year. She has stiff competition at Nationals and that's where her focus needs to be. Outside of true skating fans, most people don't know what the GPF is. My advice, rest and prepare to defend your title.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
@Spirals : it's a crack... not a full on fracture.... :console: and i know you are emotional here but of course Zhenya doesn't deserve an injury: NOBODY ever does.. it sounded a bit weird to read these words in your post.

Fixed.

madison

Record Breaker
It's interesting to know why they decided to announce today and under this form of uncertainty.
What do you think?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Ok so Mao Asada wasn’t at gpf and she still was main Yuna opponent at Olympics so gpf is small in big picture.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What? Oh dear, I hoped for a first glimpse of an epic duel Evgenia vs. Alina. It was getting exciting finally. This GPF is turning out to be such a weird event in the singles category...who would've guessed.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It's interesting to know why they decided to announce today and under this form of uncertainty.
What do you think?

There's also the danger of a not-100% Evgenia losing a H2H against Alina prior to the Olympics. I think one of the reasons Hughes was able to win the OGM was because she had already beaten Irina and Michelle earlier in the season, giving Sarah that extra bit of confidence and motivation. The judges could mark Alina and Evgenia a lot tighter in PCS if the panel thinks they are close competitors.

madison

Record Breaker
There's also the danger of a not-100% Evgenia losing a H2H against Alina prior to the Olympics. I think one of the reasons Hughes was able to win the OGM was because she had already beaten Irina and Michelle earlier in the season, giving Sarah that extra bit of confidence and motivation. The judges could mark Alina and Evgenia a lot tighter in PCS if the panel thinks they are close competitors.

It's clear something strategic from the Federation.
Either they feel now more comfortable knowing that Alina is the first lady after Med to qualify, Sotskova also in the final and Polina highly probable... or they want to excuse Med if she competes poorly at the GPF.
Anyway, I don't understand why Med still performed in the gala at NHK.
Something is fishy here but I don't know what.:slink:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
That's... not good. Limping, taped... She likely shouldn't have skated at the grand prix events at all. No need for her to push herself so much, really. It's more important to heal in time for the olympics, especially as injuries like this might take surprisingly long to heal. She doesn't have to prove anything to anyone at the grand prix level. It'd be best for her to recover.

millie

Medalist
Oh my goodness, no.
I know injuries happen, heck I know that from personal experience.

But Zhenya is the last person I would expect to be injured right now and the least person I "want" to be injured (I don't want anyone to be injured...) I don't want her injured especially in the leadup to the Olympics. She's the one that deserves to be Olympic champion if she skates the way she usually does. And she's such a sweet and adorable human that I just want to protect her from all of the injuries and bad luck.

Zhenya, I hope that the physical therapy works! Do what your doctors say because if you don't it will just get worse. I can't deal with this news. I will choose to be optimistic that it will FULLY heal and that she will be cleared to compete.
But a crack (stress fracture?) does not sound good.

Zhenya take care of yourself!! We're all thinking of you and want only the best for you! :ghug::console:

Things happen in figure skating that can change everything! For example Kaetlyn Osmond was out for over a year with a broken foot and thought that she would never skate again. She had to learn to skate and jump all over again. Look at her now. Zhenya's injury will heal with time....This shows that the ice is slippery and nothing is for sure...Wishing her a speedy recovery...

atsumiri

Record Breaker
It's clear something strategic from the Federation.
Either they feel now more comfortable knowing that Alina is the first lady after Med to qualify, Sotskova also in the final and Polina highly probable... or they want to excuse Med if she competes poor at the GPF.
Anyway, I don't understand why Med still performed in the gala at NHK.
Something is fishy here but I don't know what.:slink:
:disagree:

She is stubborn... She wanted to compete.... She wanted to skate at gala.... she didn't know how serious it is....