Practice Reports!!! | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!!!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went to the ice dance practices. I saw all the teams minus Gilles/Poirier there. Though on Instagram via Instagram stories, they said they would get there today.

It's a very nice interior I must say of the arena.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley looked good, she did her triple triples and fell once on a trtiple loop. I think she added choreo but wasn't skating to the music.

Bradie looked good on her FS but doubled a few jumps.

was most impressed with Polina T. Her jumps are to die for!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs practice underway. Duhamel/Radford looking great. Americans warming up with Aliona/Bruno.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
From Jackie Wong:

Gabby D. says she's recovering from illness, looked strong in practice, maybe not doing the jumps as many times as she normally does.

Hao Zhang struggling a lot with his solo 3S. D/R looked fantastic and ready, MT/M looked great too.

QuadThrow

Medalist
From Jackie Wong:

Gabby D. says she's recovering from illness, looked strong in practice, maybe not doing the jumps as many times as she normally does.

Hao Zhang struggling a lot with his solo 3S. D/R looked fantastic and ready, MT/M looked great too.
Zhang is the most consistent jumper in the last 15 years. I will be surprised if he will not get things together in competition.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Zhang is the most consistent jumper in the last 15 years. I will be surprised if he will not get things together in competition.

Practice doesn't necessarily mean anything about the performance.

Here's Jackie's full description of their practice:
Yu/Zhang: FS runthru (sbs3S(Z 1S), 3Tw, thr3Lo(footdown), thr3S), sbs3S(Y hand, Z fall), sbs3S(Z fall), sbs3T2T

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you to everyone for your reports! I'm so jealous! :sad4:

moriel

Record Breaker
Just bringing this here:

Jackie Wong‏
@rockerskating
8h8 hours ago
More
When the announcer says "Polina Tsurskaya" and you thought he said "Irina Slutskaya"

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Zhang may just suffer jet lag for a little while. Though, I have no doubt he will be fine in competition while I'm not sure about Yu's jumps.