Bradie Tennell | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Bradie Tennell

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought she did well in the GPF and was deserving of her qualification and obviously made the best of her chance.

As an older skater, her presence was most welcome amidst the new generation.

She did look a bit old fashioned in her costume and hair though, in my eyes. But I think she has this wiry blond hair that is very stubborn and kept her coiffure simple.

Any idea over possible upgrades come the World Championships?

Bradie's look, I am sure, will evolve over time as it does for nearly all athletes/celebrities who are in the public eye. I would be willing to bet her future style will always lean toward classic simplicity ... it works for her... that said, she does have a slight bit of a Charlize Theron vibe going on and Charlize has been known to change her look dramatically during her career. I confess, when I saw Bradie's red SP dress I immediately thought of Charlize's red dress on the Red Carpet... it is stunning, sexy, but very elegant..
Perhaps Bradie could eliminate the sleeves add shoulder straps with a lower cut back... her hair could be straightened slightly and swept back into a lose bun with a smooth bang... this is what I thought about the first time I saw Bradie's red dress...

https://www.google.com/search?q=cha...wiggfSem6zmAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQBg&biw=360&bih=560

macy

Record Breaker
i don't think bradie's packaging will change too much. she's been a senior skater for 4-ish years now, on the international scene for over 2, and it's the same every year. her purple and gray dress from earlier this season was my favorite of any of hers so far, and i was really disappointed when they changed it to the white one. whoever her dress designer is just makes me irritated...i've always felt the quality is very subpar to what the other ladies are wearing, and it does her no favors in making her look like a polished senior lady. at this point i've come to accept Bradie likes the work her designer is doing (sigh) and i just have to get used to it. still crossing my fingers maybe one day she'll let Lisa McKinnon or Ladu design a dress for her.

halulupu

Final Flight
i don't think bradie's packaging will change too much. she's been a senior skater for 4-ish years now, on the international scene for over 2, and it's the same every year. her purple and gray dress from earlier this season was my favorite of any of hers so far, and i was really disappointed when they changed it to the white one. whoever her dress designer is just makes me irritated...i've always felt the quality is very subpar to what the other ladies are wearing, and it does her no favors in making her look like a polished senior lady. at this point i've come to accept Bradie likes the work her designer is doing (sigh) and i just have to get used to it. still crossing my fingers maybe one day she'll let Lisa McKinnon or Ladu design a dress for her.
Mckinnon dresses are overused IMO. They all look too similar. While a few years ago they were still fresh (Ashley), now every junior girl with rich parents is wearing them. They became a bit chessy

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie participated in a jump competition today per her new coach Tom Z's Instagram, an in-house version of the Aerial Figure Skating Challenge at the World Arena, judged by Mirai Nagasu, Josh Farris and Max Aaron.

She attempted a couple of 3As, and fell on both. Tom said she had just landed one earlier this week with a under rotation (<). Tom has not posted the video (as it was streamed over his Instagram Live). Bradie said she had fun in a quick interview after getting off the ice.

I'm sure when Bradie hits a clean 3A, he will post it on IG!

lilshorty

On the Ice
Congrats to Bradie on her second nats title! I like Bradie. She has wonderful spins, great flexibility, good jumps, improved artistry and jumps, but there is something about her that is just so boring to me. She's like Rachael Flatt (and I mean that in the best way possible). She excels in everything, but her packaging, and marketing, and appeal to the fans is so wrong. Her hair is matronly and too blonde. I think a different color, maybe even a different updo style choice (or even a ponytail) would be better for her. I feel that if she skates well, she will be awarded fairly by U.S. judges, but at the same time, U.S. judges would be ready to dump her if Karen Chen or Mariah Bell, (even Amber Glenn) deliver a clean skate at nationals. Just my two cents.

DLong

Rinkside
Any word on how Bradie is recovering? I hope she'll be healthy enough to skate her best @ US Nationals!
I hope so too. Bradie is my favorite USA ladies skater, and I want to see her compete at Nationals. I have always admired Bradie as she has such an incredible work ethic, tenacity, and love for skating. She probably was injured from working on the triple axel. Isabeau is the only skater that has caught my attention this Fall, and she isn't even eligible for the Olympics. I'm just not impressed with any of the senior ladies we have seen thus far. :frown:

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope she's getting herself out of the Edea boots. They've given her so many problems (and likely made her injuries worse due to those problems).