Bradie Tennell | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Bradie Tennell

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bradie did a great job at Worlds. Really, the only US lady to deliver in both programs.

Bradie's PCS will increase going forward solely as she gets a reputation for consistency, but her team should really aim to push her artistic content a bit more for the next season. She's got the technical ability, and at least as importantly the ability to deploy it consistently, already; with a bit more style, she could start making podiums next year.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I think Bradie has a bright future ahead of her! She's definitely the most reliable US lady right now and she has so much room to grow

georgia

On the Ice
I like to see her work with Tom Dickson and Lori. They both have the ability to bring out the sensitivity in a person.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I would love to see Bradie skate a more contemporary program, maybe with a onesie costume and less well known music. I think she could pull it off!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Here is Bradie's exhibition (w/o commentary)

The choreo is a bit bland (as in borderline nonexistent towards the end) but I very much like the beginning before the first jump, I think it shows a more mature side of her :)

And as much as I like the Cinderella free (I find the choreography very fitting to the story and not simple/immature at all), I hope they go in a different direction next season so that she's not "typecast" (so to speak) in a single type of program. I also hope they don't call Lori Nichol but that's because I can't remember any choreo of hers that I like :laugh:
But most of all, I hope Bradie gets programs that she likes and allow her to grow into her own skating :cheer:

I love everything about this EX.... the dress (color is gorgeous and really suits ber), music, even the simple choreography. Shows alot of promise. Do I even dare say it? I see a little bit of Carolina in her.. something to shoot for in the future...

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Very proud of Bradie for sixth place at her first ever worlds. (the 3t call was even unfair imo) She was a solid skater for U.S. this whole season. Hope, like everyone else, she gets some great choreo next season and just really shines.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Also Bradie's gala song to "This is me" was so fitting. She has been getting so much hate online and the lyrics just fit her season so well.

Example:

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out"

"Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum"

"I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for me"

"I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me"

StarSprinkles

Rinkside
I'm so excited for Bradie's next season. She's a young, scrappy, talented girl, and I think she'll now have the confidence to go along with her talent. I'm also happy that she's getting more funding from USFSA. As much as it sucks, it seems like money is a big issue with her family, as her mom is a single parent, so maybe that, plus her Stars on Ice money will help her really up her game as far as costuming, choreographers, etc... I can imagine that there's lots of people who would love to work with her. I'd love to see her in a Lisa McKinnon dress. Now that she doesn't have Ashley to costume, she should totally help Bradie out :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bradie is currently getting choreo from Benoit Richaud in Chicago.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The June issue of International Figure Skating magazine has a nice article on Bradie. Some of the news is a little old at this point, but it’s nice to see her getting the recognition.

Regarding her first trip to the Olys: “I grew up watching the Olympics so walking in the opening ceremony, seeing all the lights and the flame was a lot of fun. The stadium was packed and the light show was incredible. It was neat to see all the different athletes coming together in one place to celebrate all the sports. It was just a very cool experience not many people get to have.”

Bradie said she will never forget skating the short program in the Team Event. “It was a little nerve wracking because my team was relying on me, but that was my first Oly performance. It was incredible to go out there and see the rings on the ice and when you looked up at the rafters, there were the rings again. I had butterflies before my program, but once the music started I just got wrapped up in the performance. It was crazy but it was so much fun, and the crowd was amazing…Standing on the medal podium watching the American flag being raised was probably one of my favorite moments of the entire Olys. I was speechless standing there. It was really a dream come true."

The short turnaround time from the end of the Games to the start of Worlds was also a new experience for Bradie. She found it challenging to come home from the Olys and start training right away for Worlds…She placed sixth in Milan and earned a place on the U.S. Stars on Ice tour, another first for her. “It is challenging because you are constantly on the road. I feel like I am home for three days and gone for four. But I love experiencing new things like this and what a year to do it.”

Bradie says she likes to take each moment as it comes and not get ahead of herself – one step at a time. Despite how her life has changed, she still remains the same person she was before. Her experiences have given her more confidence and she has grown up a little bit more. “I think my success has taken my mom a little bit by surprise. She has always been right there with me and always believed in me. I know that wherever I go she will be there, right behind me supporting me all the way.”

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I may be biased since R&J is my favorite warhorse but I feel like this could be a nice step up from Cinderella... fingers crossed! Good luck bradie :)

princessalica

Final Flight
At very least I think it is viewed as more mature music than Cinderella. So it’s a positive move.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I actually really enjoyed Bradie's Cinderella program in person - and it didn't seem too juvenile

But I'm excited for her R&J program!