Bradie Tennell | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Bradie Tennell

LRK

Record Breaker
I actually really enjoyed Bradie's Cinderella program in person - and it didn't seem too juvenile

But I'm excited for her R&J program!

I liked her Cinderella program too, even though the music isn't quite my cup of tea (don't dislike it either, though), but I thought she seemed to like skating to it.

Also, I cannot help but wonder - why is Cinderella considered "juvenile"? Is it the type of music? Is it because it's from a children's film? Would people consider it "juvenile" if they didn't know where the music came from? Just curious, as I've wondered about it quite a lot.:)

It's a pity, though, if the source of the music dictates if a music choice is "juvenile" or no - there's some great music in the Harry Potter films, for example. I think this might actually suit Bradie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-LkZIpcag

Anyway, pardon my rambling.:) As I mentioned on the programs thread, I'm looking forward to Bradie's R&J - and finding out which R&J it is exactly.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I liked her Cinderella program too, even though the music isn't quite my cup of tea (don't dislike it either, though), but I thought she seemed to like skating to it.

Also, I cannot help but wonder - why is Cinderella considered "juvenile"? Is it the type of music? Is it because it's from a children's film? Would people consider it "juvenile" if they didn't know where the music came from? Just curious, as I've wondered about it quite a lot.:)

It's a pity, though, if the source of the music dictates if a music choice is "juvenile" or no - there's some great music in the Harry Potter films, for example. I think this might actually suit Bradie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-LkZIpcag

Anyway, pardon my rambling.:) As I mentioned on the programs thread, I'm looking forward to Bradie's R&J - and finding out which R&J it is exactly.

I think Cinderella is considered 'juvenile' because of the Disney Princess association - most of the fans of Disney Princesses are little girls. However, the music for Bradie's Cinderella program is from the live-action film - which seemed to appeal to all ages.

The music itself I would not necessarily consider juvenile - other than maybe 'The dream is a wish your heart makes ...' lyric part :). The Cinderella soundtrack was composed by Patrick Doyle - who also composed the score for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Any updates?? SP music? I assume she might be at US Classic? Where are all the top US ladies, haven’t heard from them in weeks.☹️

georgia

On the Ice
I watched her short program tonight. She killed it. She matured sooo much. Great speed too. But the surprise was her beautiful triple lutz/triple loop. Amazing Bradie...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched her short program tonight. She killed it. She matured sooo much. Great speed too. But the surprise was her beautiful triple lutz/triple loop. Amazing Bradie...

So good to hear! :biggrin: Where are you that you were able to see her? I checked the Philadelphia entries after I saw your post but don't see her name listed. Also just curious, do you know if she is still with her same coach?

georgia

On the Ice
So good to hear! :biggrin: Where are you that you were able to see her? I checked the Philadelphia entries after I saw your post but don't see her name listed. Also just curious, do you know if she is still with her same coach?

DuPage open In Chicago

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Sorry on the schedule thing. VERY annoying. It's almost like they're trying to keep the competition a secret!!!! Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. It's through the DuPage Figure Skating Club and is the DuPage Open 2018.

Here's a short clip of Bradie's FS. Her Romeo and Juliet starts out with part of the Prokofiev ballet music, then it switches to what I think is the song from the R & J movie "What is a youth, impetuous fire - what is a maid, ice and desire", etc. (no vocals). After that, I couldn't identify the other music that makes up the program. I liked the choreo. She was flying across the ice! I don't know what her planned content was, but I think there were a few things where for example she was going to do a 3-3 and it ended up as a 3-2. I don't know, I was enjoying it so much, I didn't want to analyze it too much! Nice, easy flow out of that opening 2A. Beautiful costume too! (Don't know if you need an Amazon password to sign in to this video clip.)

https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/1025943737933811713

Tavi...

Record Breaker
^^^Sorry on the schedule thing. VERY annoying. It's almost like they're trying to keep the competition a secret!!!! Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. It's through the DuPage Figure Skating Club and is the DuPage Open 2018.

Here's a short clip of Bradie's FS. Her Romeo and Juliet starts out with part of the Prokofiev ballet music, then it switches to what I think is the song from the R & J movie "What is a youth, impetuous fire - what is a maid, ice and desire", etc. (no vocals). After that, I couldn't identify the other music that makes up the program. I liked the choreo. She was flying across the ice! I don't know what her planned content was, but I think there were a few things where for example she was going to a 3-3 and it ended up as a 3-2. I don't know, I was enjoying it so much, I didn't want to analyze it too much! Don't know if you need an Amazon password to sign in to this video clip. Beautiful costume too!

https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/1025943737933811713

Thanks Arriba!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^This Instagram has a much better angle than the video I took. The spring in her 3Lz/3Lo was phenomenal. Easy, peasy 2A. LOVE the starting music from R&J ballet. Awesome speed.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
from the info I can gather. I think Bradie's R&J music is a mash of all well-known R&J music used in figure skating.
including Prokofiev ballet music (Ashley Wagner used it)
1996 R&J Movie sound track (Yuzuru R&J 1.0)
1968 nino rota R&J movie sound track (this is the most famous R&J music in figure skating and elsewhere)
2013 R&J Movie sound track Abel Korzeniowski (Soyoun park's signature program in 2013, 2014 season)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
from the info I can gather. I think Bradie's R&J music is a mash of all well-known R&J music used in figure skating.
including Prokofiev ballet music (Ashley Wagner used it)
1996 R&J Movie sound track (Yuzuru R&J 1.0)
1968 nino rota R&J movie sound track (this is the most famous R&J music in figure skating and elsewhere)
2013 R&J Movie sound track Abel Korzeniowski (Soyoun park's signature program in 2013, 2014 season)

I love the Prokofiev music so much that I was disappointed it switched to something else, then I realized the concept was that it was a mash! I'll be anxious to watch it again and see how the music flows from one section to the next.