Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bradie Tennell

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    I may be biased since R&J is my favorite warhorse but I feel like this could be a nice step up from Cinderella... fingers crossed! Good luck bradie

Tripping on the Podium princessalica's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    At very least I think it is viewed as more mature music than Cinderella. So it’s a positive move.

8 Not allowed!
    I actually really enjoyed Bradie's Cinderella program in person - and it didn't seem too juvenile

But I'm excited for her R&J program!

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmella View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Bradie's Cinderella program in person - and it didn't seem too juvenile

But I'm excited for her R&J program!
    I liked her Cinderella program too, even though the music isn't quite my cup of tea (don't dislike it either, though), but I thought she seemed to like skating to it.

Also, I cannot help but wonder - why is Cinderella considered "juvenile"? Is it the type of music? Is it because it's from a children's film? Would people consider it "juvenile" if they didn't know where the music came from? Just curious, as I've wondered about it quite a lot.

It's a pity, though, if the source of the music dictates if a music choice is "juvenile" or no - there's some great music in the Harry Potter films, for example. I think this might actually suit Bradie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-LkZIpcag

Anyway, pardon my rambling. As I mentioned on the programs thread, I'm looking forward to Bradie's R&J - and finding out which R&J it is exactly.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I liked her Cinderella program too, even though the music isn't quite my cup of tea (don't dislike it either, though), but I thought she seemed to like skating to it.

Also, I cannot help but wonder - why is Cinderella considered "juvenile"? Is it the type of music? Is it because it's from a children's film? Would people consider it "juvenile" if they didn't know where the music came from? Just curious, as I've wondered about it quite a lot.

It's a pity, though, if the source of the music dictates if a music choice is "juvenile" or no - there's some great music in the Harry Potter films, for example. I think this might actually suit Bradie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-LkZIpcag

Anyway, pardon my rambling. As I mentioned on the programs thread, I'm looking forward to Bradie's R&J - and finding out which R&J it is exactly.
    I think Cinderella is considered 'juvenile' because of the Disney Princess association - most of the fans of Disney Princesses are little girls. However, the music for Bradie's Cinderella program is from the live-action film - which seemed to appeal to all ages.

The music itself I would not necessarily consider juvenile - other than maybe 'The dream is a wish your heart makes ...' lyric part . The Cinderella soundtrack was composed by Patrick Doyle - who also composed the score for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

4 Not allowed!
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp.e.ck.hp.tr...japanopen2018/ Bradie will be at Japan Open with Nathan

Tripping on the Podium figurefan0726's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Alina and Javier will be there too? Does that mean Javier won’t retire?

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloaxel View Post
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp.e.ck.hp.tr...japanopen2018/ Bradie will be at Japan Open with Nathan
    Yay! Hope she will be well prepared and have good showing. So exciting for her.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figurefan0726 View Post
    Retired skaters can still compete at Japan Open.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Any updates?? SP music? I assume she might be at US Classic? Where are all the top US ladies, haven’t heard from them in weeks.☹️

On the Ice

6 Not allowed!
    I watched her short program tonight. She killed it. She matured sooo much. Great speed too. But the surprise was her beautiful triple lutz/triple loop. Amazing Bradie...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figurefan0726 View Post
    https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/...kating-retire/

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by georgia View Post
    I watched her short program tonight. She killed it. She matured sooo much. Great speed too. But the surprise was her beautiful triple lutz/triple loop. Amazing Bradie...
    So good to hear! Where are you that you were able to see her? I checked the Philadelphia entries after I saw your post but don't see her name listed. Also just curious, do you know if she is still with her same coach?

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arriba627 View Post
    So good to hear! Where are you that you were able to see her? I checked the Philadelphia entries after I saw your post but don't see her name listed. Also just curious, do you know if she is still with her same coach?
    DuPage open In Chicago

Match Penalty

3 Not allowed!
    Bradie TENNELL - 3Lz+3Lo
    https://youtu.be/b6B5uFms6IA

0 Not allowed!
    Darn! I kept trying to find the schedule. Is there lots happening today (Sat.)? I saw a video clip of Courtney Hicks practicing.

Adding -- Found the schedule. Looks like Senior Ladies' Free is at 5:55 pm on Sat. http://comp.entryeeze.com/SingleRinkSched.aspx?id=651

2 Not allowed!
    Ah! I want to see that SP with the actual music! Opening choreo looks cool from the clip, very sophisticated (some new-era Caro vibes even, maybe?)! Love the arms I'm used to counting on Bradie for good TR in and out of jumps but since this is a new combo (yay!) and sooo early in the season, it's all good.

georgia, you probably won't reveal the music choice, but did you like it? It seems like a different direction so hopefully it will appease some of the Cinderella haters...

#СердцемСЗагитовой / #TeamTutberidze Spirals for Miles's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Darn! I kept trying to find the schedule. Is there lots happening today (Sat.)? I saw a video clip of Courtney Hicks practicing.

Adding -- Found the schedule. Looks like Senior Ladies' Free is at 5:55 pm on Sat. http://comp.entryeeze.com/SingleRinkSched.aspx?id=651
    This needs a login -- is there any other way to view it?

6 Not allowed!
    ^^^Sorry on the schedule thing. VERY annoying. It's almost like they're trying to keep the competition a secret!!!! Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. It's through the DuPage Figure Skating Club and is the DuPage Open 2018.

Here's a short clip of Bradie's FS. Her Romeo and Juliet starts out with part of the Prokofiev ballet music, then it switches to what I think is the song from the R & J movie "What is a youth, impetuous fire - what is a maid, ice and desire", etc. (no vocals). After that, I couldn't identify the other music that makes up the program. I liked the choreo. She was flying across the ice! I don't know what her planned content was, but I think there were a few things where for example she was going to do a 3-3 and it ended up as a 3-2. I don't know, I was enjoying it so much, I didn't want to analyze it too much! Nice, easy flow out of that opening 2A. Beautiful costume too! (Don't know if you need an Amazon password to sign in to this video clip.)

https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/stat...43737933811713

1 Not allowed!
    ^^^Sorry on the schedule thing. VERY annoying. It's almost like they're trying to keep the competition a secret!!!! Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. It's through the DuPage Figure Skating Club and is the DuPage Open 2018.

Here's a short clip of Bradie's FS. Her Romeo and Juliet starts out with part of the Prokofiev ballet music, then it switches to what I think is the song from the R & J movie "What is a youth, impetuous fire - what is a maid, ice and desire", etc. (no vocals). After that, I couldn't identify the other music that makes up the program. I liked the choreo. She was flying across the ice! I don't know what her planned content was, but I think there were a few things where for example she was going to a 3-3 and it ended up as a 3-2. I don't know, I was enjoying it so much, I didn't want to analyze it too much! Don't know if you need an Amazon password to sign in to this video clip. Beautiful costume too!

https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/stat...43737933811713
    Thanks Arriba!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast