Bradie Tennell | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Bradie Tennell

chasseneige

Rinkside
Bradie’s jumps were fantastic! I really admire her consistency and ability to stay focused throughout her performances.

I can’t wait to see how her programs develop as the season progresses!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Well done Bradie! I hope she has a good season ahead and beating the almighty Evgenia will give her an even bigger confidence boost :)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Bradie is just marvelous, probably one of the most driven skaters I have seen in terms of focus and determination which may be the cause of stiffness of interpretation so many have mentioned... her R&J is pure intensity reflected by the music arrangement pulled together for most dramatic effect - it is what she does best - followed by the well known, classical lyric theme that defines the story. R&J is dramatic and tragic and I got that in spades !! I would love her to leave classics behind in future do a Latin piece with a good dance rhythm coach to stretch her abilities in that direction... bet Rohene could work magic with her... don't laugh!! :biggrin: :hap10:

MedoLove

On the Ice
Congratulations to Bradie, a well-deserved first place! It was among my wishes this season to see this girl on the podium. Now there will be more excitement in each competition. I really love when there are more than 4 contenders to a first place. I liked her SP and her dress, she looks a lot more expressive this season, she has a lot in her favor: consistency, flexibility, lightness, nice spins.Bradie definitely goes to my favorite list this season:luv17:

Her next competition will be Skate America or will there be some other B event for her?

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Congratulations to Bradie, a well-deserved first place! It was among my wishes this season to see this girl on the podium. Now there will be more excitement in each competition. I really love when there are more than 4 contenders to a first place. I liked her SP and her dress, she looks a lot more expressive this season, she has a lot in her favor: consistency, flexibility, lightness, nice spins.Bradie definitely goes to my favorite list this season:luv17:

Her next competition will be Skate America or will there be some other B event for her?

I believe Skate America is her next competition!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Bradie always seems to think that she deserves higher scores. Just watch her face in the kiss-and-cry whenever she’s skated well. She always seems to believe she should be scored higher.
But bradie doesn’t seem to realize that she’s not bursting with the best SS or other qualities.

I really thought that usfsa would push and politik for her to medal, but alas...

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Bradie was kind of underscored imo today:confused: That 3Lz-3T-2T honestly didn't look under to me:scratch2: She fought hard today and I can't wait to see her in her next GP:pray:

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Bradie was kind of underscored imo today:confused: That 3Lz-3T-2T honestly didn't look under to me:scratch2: She fought hard today and I can't wait to see her in her next GP:pray:

To be fair, the tech panel has been strict basically across all disciplines, so I'm okay with that being called given that the same degree of severity was applied to everyone else.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is Bradie's fan fest so comments should remain positive here.. she is a marvelous skater and competitor .. wish she could have podiumed at Skate America, but you win some you lose some and move on as the young ladies on the podium know well and have experienced themselves.
I love both Bradie's SP and FS music but am not sure she loves skating to either one.. I mention it because she loved Cinderella.. alot of us did not, but she dIid... skating to music that is personal, music well chosen without heavy-handed messages that pulls out the artist in the skater must have the effect of lightening the load somewhat. That goes for costumes too; Bradie is tall, slight-framed, with light coloring... the darker the color she wears, the more delicate and airy the design needs to be so that it does not overpower her frame. Would love to see her skate to a sophisticated, mature jazz piece like this one by piano maestro McCoy Tyner. It is light, playful but an old stand by.. " When Sunny Gets Blue"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7toKjKtbeeI#
Just sayin...

ranjake

Final Flight
I think she was very good.... not perfect but ... but a great evolution

I was also impressed with the GROWTH. I'm sorry she didn't medal, but major improvement in all areas imo. Was amazing that she didn't fall on that Lutz in the short- the angle of the landing was Crazy. Anxious to see the rest of what she'll do this year! (DON'T love the SP dress very reminiscent to me of Ashley's Annie Lenox dress)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Bradie always seems to think that she deserves higher scores. Just watch her face in the kiss-and-cry whenever she’s skated well. She always seems to believe she should be scored higher.
But bradie doesn’t seem to realize that she’s not bursting with the best SS or other qualities.

I really thought that usfsa would push and politik for her to medal, but alas...

Um....I don’t know how you can make such an assumption that Bradie thinks she deserves higher scores. Probably she’s thinking about what she did when the score comes up and why the tech score is that number, how her pcs score is, etc etc. She wasn’t thrilled with her SA score in either program because she’s scored much higher in the past. The assumption that can be made is that she was thinking about the scores in relation to her performance and trying to understand the scores.

Anyways, this is Bradies fan fest. You shouldn’t say negative things about her here. I kinda wish a GS monitor would have said something sooner but it’s fine.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations Bradie on the Bronze Medal in France. :yahoo: :hap10::hap10:

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Congrats! Great job! Happy to see her on the podium again.

Now let's change the combo in short to 3ltz-3t and kill it at Golden Spin! Best of luck!

melgirl25

Medalist
Bradie really sold her free skate this program. It is my favorite R&J program this season. She has come a long way. I was curious who that mysterious man with the black hat was! I figured out it was her choreographer. I think his presence helped her this weekend.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie really sold her free skate this program. It is my favorite R&J program this season. She has come a long way. I was curious who that mysterious man with the black hat was! I figured out it was her choreographer. I think his presence helped her this weekend.

Yes, that's Benoit Richaud. As far as I remember, he has no hair, so we always see him with interesting hats...So happy for Bradie's bronze medal!!!!!