Happy Thanksgiving | Golden Skate

Happy Thanksgiving

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🦃

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends at GS. I’m thankful for the opportunity to have such diverse discussions with people from all parts of the world. I’ve learned a lot about myself and many things about people and places I’ve never been to before. Be kind to each other and take care of yourselves this holiday season no matter where you are.

-Sam

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
🦃

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends at GS. I’m thankful for the opportunity to have such diverse discussions with people from all parts of the world. I’ve learned a lot about myself and many things about people and places I’ve never been to before. Be kind to each other and take care of yourselves this holiday season no matter where you are.

-Sam

Aww that's so nice!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy Thanksgiving American friendos!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nice thread idea, Sam-Skwantch! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it this day, and a world of hope and good fortune to all!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you Sam! In addition to so many other blessings, giving thanks for meeting many wonderful skating fans here on GS!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've eaten far too much!! Turkey, Gravy, Potatos, stuffing, Corn, etc....

I'm beginning to feel tired and weak!

The best food at my dinner was the stuffing. What about you guys? Any good pies out there?

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Had a rainbow birthday cake for my boy.
Green bean casserole, taters, Hawaiian sweet rolls, turkey, stuffing. 'Teas excellent and simple.
Also, a piñata.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans! And I hope everyone else has a great day too.

I am thankful to get to talk about skating with cool people all over the world!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Happy Thanksgivings Americans!

I have some American friends in Australia that had a big traditional dinner last night, the pics on Facebook made me drool!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just waddled back in from my sis’. We were nine, and we had:

Turkey, ham, stuffing, mac n cheese, roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet and sour carrots with pumpkin seeds, grilled butternut squash with craisins and kale, creamed corn, cranberry orange sauce and dinner rolls.

After awaking from our comas, we had apple crumb pie, carrot cake, and peanut butter ripple ice cream.

Errrp! :laugh:

There’s always room for one more, so let me know if you’re near Bucks County, Pa next Thanksgiving; I’ll let her know you’re coming. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone:)

desertskates

Medalist
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow American GSers!

Thankful for such a fun and knowledgeable bunch to discuss our favorite sport with! And for pecan pie in my belly, it definitely deserves to be eaten more often.
Hoping all of our favorites skate light out this weekend :clapper:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
No pie here but I made PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE and it was so good! Also trash can turkey; basic sage/apple stuffing (I usually do special "flavors" like cranberry walnut or yellow squash -- this year I went basic); wild rice with carrots, cranberries, pistachios; cheese potato casserole, candied cranberries, rolls, pumpkin spice bread. Lunch was pumpkin rigatoni.

stella luna

Final Flight
I've eaten far too much!! Turkey, Gravy, Potatos, stuffing, Corn, etc....

I'm beginning to feel tired and weak!

The best food at my dinner was the stuffing. What about you guys? Any good pies out there?

Our best dishes were Yukon Gold mashed potatoes (with lots of butter, salt and pepper), the turkey (moist and delicious), and the cranberry sauce (canned whole cranberries in sauce, orange zest, orange juice and toasted walnuts). We tried to make zwieback (German rolls) for the first time but the recipe was off; some were hard as golf balls. We tried a fancy green bean casserole recipe from the New York Times, but it was too fancy for us. I yearned for the Campbell's recipe. Bacon in green bean casserole is just wrong. But ... I am coming off a bad sinus infection, couldn't taste as well as usual, and wasn't very hungry, anyway. I was just glad when everybody else ate and left. I've been sleeping a lot and was lucky to have stayed awake, really.

Our stuffing was OK, we used cornbread and French bread. I am hoping the leftover will reheat well.

Happy Thanksgiving! :cool:

stella luna

Final Flight
No pie here but I made PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE and it was so good! Also trash can turkey; basic sage/apple stuffing (I usually do special "flavors" like cranberry walnut or yellow squash -- this year I went basic); wild rice with carrots, cranberries, pistachios; cheese potato casserole, candied cranberries, rolls, pumpkin spice bread. Lunch was pumpkin rigatoni.

Pumpkin cheesecake rocks; we made it one year.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Our best dishes were Yukon Gold mashed potatoes (with lots of butter, salt and pepper), the turkey (moist and delicious), and the cranberry sauce (canned whole cranberries in sauce, orange zest, orange juice and toasted walnuts). We tried to make zwieback (German rolls) for the first time but the recipe was off; some were hard as golf balls. We tried a fancy green bean casserole recipe from the New York Times, but it was too fancy for us. I yearned for the Campbell's recipe. Bacon in green bean casserole is just wrong. But ... I am coming off a bad sinus infection, couldn't taste as well as usual, and wasn't very hungry, anyway. I was just glad when everybody else ate and left. I've been sleeping a lot and was lucky to have stayed awake, really.

Our stuffing was OK, we used cornbread and French bread. I am hoping the leftover will reheat well.

Happy Thanksgiving! :cool:

Hope you get well soon!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Now that dinner is over and the guests have gone.....I'm listening to one of my old favs, Gino Vanelli's " I just Wanna Stop" I still love this song and the happy memories it brings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8e1SjBHSUM

I wanted to say how thankful I am to have a site like this where I can discuss a sport that I have loved for more than 40 years. This is the ONLY place where I can say, "Plushy" and people know what I'm talking about. I look forward to many years in the future. I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving.