United-States
2017 Bridgestone Skate America

Nov 24 - Nov 26, 2017
1980 Herb Brooks Arena
Lake Placid / New York USA

Free Dance
Sunday, 26 November 2017, 14:00 UTC-5

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

For Media

No.NameNation
1Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
SD: Bossa Nova: Bossa Cubano by Los Zafiros, Gopher Mambo by Yma Sumac; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
FD: Stolen Hearts from an album called "Film Noir: Vintage Cinema Classics; includes Perry Mason Theme by Fred Steiner; Smokey Sax Perry; Mason Theme by Fred Steiner; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
CAN
2Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
SD: Rhumba: Despacito, Samba; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky
FD: Over My Shoulder, Happy Ending; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky
CHN
WDIsabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO
SD: "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran; "She Will Be Loved" by Rhythms del Mundo and "Fireball" by Pitbull; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
FD: Samson et Delilah by Camille Saint-Saëns; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
ISR
3Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
SD: Cha Cha: "Kaboom" by Ursula 1000, Samba: "Skip to the Bip" by "Club des Belugas", Samba: "1008 Samba;" choreo by Massimo Scali, Liudmila Vlasova
FD: "La Vita e Bella" (soundtrack) by Nicola Piovani; choreo by Massimo Scali, Liudmila Vlasova
ITA
4Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED
SD: Cha Cha: "I Like It Like That" by Pete Rodriguez, Rhumba: "Mondo Bongo" by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros, Samba: "Batucada de Sambrasil by Estudios Talkback;" choreo by Marina Zoueva and Massimo Scali
FD: The Last Emperor soundtrack and Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto; choreo by Marina Zoueva and Massimo Scali
JPN
5Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
SD Rhumba; "Balumukeno" by Bonga, "Agua de Beber" by Al Jarreau, Samba: Batucada Brasileira; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
FD: Piano Concerto No. 2 Op. 18 by Sergei Rachmaninov, Vocalise by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
RUS
6Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO
SD: Samba: "Hip Hip Chin Chin" by Club des Belugas, Rhumba: "Volveras" by Gloria Estefan, Samba: "Batucada Brasileira" performed by Samba Brazilian Batucada Band; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov, Peter Tchernyshev
FD: Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse, Exogenesis Symphony Part II by Muse, Ruled by Secrecy by Muse; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov, Peter Tchernyshev
RUS
7Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
SD: Samba: "Get Busy" by Sean Paul, Rhumba: "Soha Mil Pasos" by Isabelle & Félicien, Samba: "Fireball" by Pitbull; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Benji Schwimmer, Serge Onik
FD: "Liebestraum" composed and edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Benji Schwimmer, Serge Onik (last season's program)
USA
8Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
SD: Rhumba; "Mambo Molly" by Mambo Molly, Slow Rhumba: "Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime" by Zuchero, Mambo: "Congo Crazed" by Mambo Molly; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Esperanto Bean
FD: Ghost Dances: "La Partita" by Victor Jara & "Sikuridadas" and "Quiaquenpita" by Inti-Illimani (based on South American music & the contemporary Ghost Dances ballet); choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Esperanto Bean
USA
9Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
SD: Mambo: "Mambo No. 5" by Perez Prado, Cha Cha: "Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White" by Perez Prado, Samba: "Mambo Jumbo"/"Mambo No. 8" by Perez Prado; choreo by M Zueva, M. Scali, R. Roca, S. Lambiel
FD: "Paradise" by Coldplay; choreo by M Zueva, M. Scali, R. Roca, S. Lambiel
USA

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Magic Number = 108.32 I think. If C/L get less, they're out of the GPF.

I think, unless obvious mistakes (or the tech panel wants to strike again - which is purely what's deciding who's going to GPF and who's staying at home) they'll get it. Their PCS were fairly high, so I think they're halfway there.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Magic Number = 108.32 I think. If C/L get less, they're out of the GPF.

to be honest, it could be tricky with panel we have at SA...even last week in France FD scores for WeaPo and Chock/Bates were relatively low, so one never knows what's going to happen

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I think, unless obvious mistakes (or the tech panel wants to strike again - which is purely what's deciding who's going to GPF and who's staying at home) they'll get it. Their PCS were fairly high, so I think they're halfway there.

I've noticed the high PCS for everyone. Maybe they know how harsh that Tech Panel is so they balanced it out :laugh: C/L got 36.86 it's... huge (for them - sorry fans).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Sooo... I don't know if this this means anything at all and take it with a grain of salt but Kurt Browning (who would know V/M quite well after all the SOI stuff they've done together over the years) doesn't think "one of the top two dance teams" will go to the GPF. I'm wondering, if this is true, if V/M are doing either some major rejigging or are, in fact, changing their FD.

Just food for thought.

Also, I did not know this but apparently Ashley Wagner said she might not go to the GPF if she qualifies.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Sooo... I don't know if this this means anything at all and take it with a grain of salt but Kurt Browning (who would know V/M quite well after all the SOI stuff they've done together over the years) doesn't think "one of the top two dance teams" will go to the GPF. I'm wondering, if this is true, if V/M are doing either some major rejigging or are, in fact, changing their FD.

Just food for thought.

Also, I did not know this but apparently Ashley Wagner said she might not go to the GPF if she qualifies.

Food for thought ? This is food for the crazy. How, when, what ? Are you sure he talked about Ice Dance :scratch2: ? And if so, did he talk about any injuries or something related ? Because I'm 101% P/C are going barring injuries (they plan to do all competitions this year including Euros and Worlds and won't miss a V/M face-off).
If he knows something it might be V/M then. But that seems so unlikely, they talked in NHK about coming back to japan 3 weeks later for GPF.
Or maybe it's just a weird hypothesis.

Also, I did not know this but apparently Ashley Wagner said she might not go to the GPF if she qualifies.[/QUOTE]

li hope all does well.
ashley wagner why not not go. due to illness, injuries of her and rest, importance of seaseon
yuruzu's injury, boyang injury, adams, daniel-not going; and others.

the dance teams i hope skate well and get high score.
disappointed shibs did get at least 80-deserved.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Is the first event for the Shibs?? I haven't heard much about them this season but I was pleasantly surprised by the SD. How is their free dance this year?

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Is the first event for the Shibs?? I haven't heard much about them this season but I was pleasantly surprised by the SD. How is their free dance this year?

Nope, they skated at Rosteleco, cup way back at the start of the season. (They won there). I really love their free dance. They have improved their lifts a lot.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

2nd event. They did the 1st GP in Russia and came 1st (of course). Their FD is on the song "Paradise" by Coldplay. But it's not really the original, it's slightly changed to fit some music "clues" from their carreer. If you like modern FDs, you'll like this one.

Don't skaters have to agree to do the final as part of the ISU Grand Prix rules? As I recall there have been instances where someone did not want to compete and so came up with a questionable injury.

Of course there was the time that Michelle Kwan put her foot down (but not on the ice :) ). In 2002-2003 she wanted to skip the whole Grand Prix, but the USFSA begged her to save Skate America after Gold Medalists Sarah Hughes, Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze and Sale & Peletier all withdrew (and Alexei Yagudin also withdrew after the winning the short program). Michelle reluctantly agreed, won Skate America, and her points from that one event qualified her for the Grand Prix Final.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Food for thought ? This is food for the crazy. How, when, what ? Are you sure he talked about Ice Dance :scratch2: ? And if so did he talk about injuries or something related ? Because I'm 101% P/C are going barring injuries (they plan to do all competitions this year).
If he knows something it might be V/M then. But that seems so unlikely, they talked in NHK about coming back to japan 3 weeks later for GPF.

He is definitely talking about ID. It was on a video blog with Kurt, David P. and PJ Kwong. I didn't think and don't think he was talking about P/C. I think he is definitely talking about V/M. He was asked for his predictions for the GPF and that is what he said (the first thing he said and really the only prediction he made-He seemed pretty sure of himself actually which is why I gave it any thought). I personally think they will go but it does make for some interesting thoughts about why they would skip it. Maybe they would rather get in the training? Maybe they are changing something?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Don't skaters have to agree to do the final as part of the ISU Grand Prix rules? As I recall there have been instances where someone did not want to compete and so came up with a questionable injury.

Of course there was the time that Michelle Kwan put her foot down (but not on the ice :) ). In 2002-2003 she wanted to skip the whole Grand Prix, but the USFSA begged her to save Skate America after Gold Medalists Sarah Hughes, Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze and Sale & Peletier all withdrew (and Alexei Yagudin also withdrew after the winning the short program). Michelle reluctantly agreed, won Skate America, and her points from that one event qualified her for the Grand Prix Final.

I don't know if they are forced to go or not but easy enough to say you are injured or sick. 24hr Ebola as one of my former professors used to say.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
He is definitely talking about ID. It was on a video blog with Kurt, David P. and PJ Kwong. I didn't think and don't think he was talking about P/C. I think he is definitely talking about V/M. He was asked for his predictions for the GPF and that is what he said (the first thing he said and really the only prediction he made-He seemed pretty sure of himself actually which is why I gave it any thought). I personally think they will go but it does make for some interesting thoughts about why they would skip it. Maybe they would rather get in the training? Maybe they are changing something?

Well, if it matters to anything, at this point in their career skipping a GPF they are not sure to win - let's be real P/C's scores these past weeks have been crazy, no offense - is not a big deal, especially if they want to get their stuff together to the Olympics. Last year there was a definite struggle for P/C to get around and win over V/M, so maybe the guys are just trying to prevent that this time.

I just don't know if they can do that.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Well, if it matters to anything, at this point in their career skipping a GPF they are not sure to win - let's be real P/C's scores these past weeks have been crazy, no offense - is not a big deal, especially if they want to get their stuff together to the Olympics. Last year there was a definite struggle for P/C to get around and win over V/M, so maybe the guys are just trying to prevent that this time.

I just don't know if they can do that.

But it's not the same situation. P/C already go in the GPF as no.1, so V/M have to try to reclaim that spot instead of letting the momentum to P/C. Plus the French are going to Euros in January (Gaby confirmed it) and it's in Moscow. That means a massive coverage 3-4 weeks before the Olympics without any NA teams = a lot of bonuses already.
It's Ice Dance : you have to show up. For example : H/D still have to prove themselves to be in the top, and judges aren't keen on giving points without proof of consistency. I know V/M aren't H/D but their score aren't as high as P/C on the GP.
I hope there is no injury though... I'm getting worried ancientpeas ! :drama:

matcha

Medalist
Man, why isn't there a Tessa & Scott season 2!?

I know it's all rumour, but I hope they don't. When Ksenia and Fedor decided to skip worlds it didn't work in their favour really. V/M potentially skipping GPF just means that the P/C v. V/M tête-à-tête won't happen until Pyeongchang. They'd both (assuming P/C were to win Euros and GPF) would be going into the Games undefeated. V/M for two seasons and P/C for the current. Imagine the :drama: