2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS

andromache

Record Breaker
Amber skates at my local rink and I have a friend who knows her pretty well - has told me she's pretty inconsistent jump-wise across the board

So it's not just competition nerves. Another waste of talent who would've benefited from a coach who could help her with more reliable technique.

ks777

Record Breaker
Bradie hype train going full steam ahead...one good sp is all it takes for NBC to start foaming at the mouth🙄

It happens every Olympic season.. I feel like they are hyping someone in order to keep Mirai Nagasu off the Olympic team.

andromache

Record Breaker
It happens every Olympic season.. I feel like they are hyping someone in order to keep Mirai Nagasu off the Olympic team.

Bradie and Courtney Hicks are the only US ladies to perform a clean SP this season. At this point everyone is just trying to find SOMEONE to be excited about.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, all the Fed hype overflows into everything and ruins it. Pushing their "it" girl. They don't have poor Gracie to push anymore so this time it's Bradie. When will they realize what they are putting these girls through.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Tara's comment about Ashley during the SP is of course suspect but did anybody see that car(?) commercial Ashley had on NBC that just aired? Who else has one of any kind?

Ashley is the female face of American skating. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes Tara and Johnny were told by NBC to big up/go easy on Ashley and Tara got stuck being the nice one (because the female is always the one to be extra nice :rolleye:) who had to heap the praise. They can't be allowed to be too harsh on the face of US ladies skating to American audiences :confused2:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
When are they going to learn that dumping all this pressure on skaters is a terrible idea. Bradie is a lovely skater, but lets not get ahead of ourselves yet. She doesn't deserve that kind of pressure.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I think this is the modification of the Zayak rule. It used to be you got no points for the 3rd jump of the same type but now it's 70% of the normal base value.

No. Repeated triples/quads must have at least one of the two in a combination. The 70% rule is if both of a repeated jump are solo, and it's called as a +REP jump (i.e. 3F, then fall on the second 3F or miss the combo) it would be a 3F+REP and get 70% of the points.

If you repeat a jump a 3rd time it's invalidated.

i am sorry this program doesn't work for me as it does for other people, i just can't get into it.i am sorry

i am happy u enjoy it. she doing fine.