2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Kaori should be third right now, imo. Polina's FS was underscored and Bradie also skated lights out. If Polina doesn't medal and ends up with the same amount of points as Elena I'm out. Polina is much stronger than her scores are showing. I can't even.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
210 for that?? I don't think that was deserved. Now Polina might not even medal. Maybe I should just stop watching skating altogether. It's too hard.

Uh, you do realize that Polina was way down in 8th place after the short program, right? :shrug:

Not every Russian lady is going to be able to dig themselves out of a poor SP showing from the day prior. Both scores in the short and free programs count. Always have, always will.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabby really doesn’t do much in the second half in terms of SS,TR, and Musicsl interpretation. Maybe she was just tired.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Kaori should be third right now, imo. Polina's FS was underscored and Bradie also skated lights out. If Polina doesn't medal and ends up with the same amount of points as Elena I'm out. Polina is much stronger than her scores are showing. I can't even.

Well, then Polina shouldn't have screwed the pooch in the short and landed herself in the first group.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I don't even care that Kaori's scores were inflatted. Her reaction to them is the best part of Skate America.

there's indeed something about fresh energy and enthusiasm of Kaori and Bradie - both went into this competition without any complex and simply gave it all, I am glad they were able to fully showcase their technical abilities and get those scores that will push them hopefully and make a good start for growth.