2017 GPF Pairs SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs SP

QuadThrow

Medalist
The German judge gave the lowest PCS for S/M compared to the other judges. I do not think he is going to be sent to the Olympics:biggrin:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
oh no, i bet noone saw Han's fall coming, i think the last time he had jump mistake was st SA 2015! rest was of great quality though, still missed a level but its good to have sometinhg to work on i guess :biggrin: and got the highest PCS, i know probably some will disagree but i agree with it :slink:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
i just really have this bad feeling that this will bite them in the assh in the olympics if they dont change it.

Its really not a clean exit at all

Has it always been this way? Today they were rushing to get to the final pose because they are, once again, behind the music.

The knee slide thing was there for her in NHK, but it looked very intentional there and not rushed.

bobbob

Medalist
Yeah...why do Sui and Han constantly get docked a level on their spin...it's not that bad? I'm not sure how spin levels work exactly but it looks like they get an adequate number of rotations in each position...

Anyways, it is a close race. If Savchenko and Massot skate as they did at Skate America, I think the gold is theirs, though.

Nika09

On the Ice
Oww, Han looked so confused after the program. Seems he basically didn't know how to react to the fact that he made a mistake.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Not a good competition so far, all the pairs seem to be hesitant, and definitely Sui/Han's Blues For Klook was a much better program. This choreography is so slow and uninspiring....:disapp:They are clearly capable of much more daring and intricate content.

That said, Aliona and Ksenia are stars, truly! :eeking:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm so sad for Ksenia and Fedor...this program is a masterpiece. Even with the fall, I can't understand the PCS.

QuadThrow

Medalist
BrunoĀ“s shoelaces after the salchow... They talked to each other during the program.

Goodness, everything can happen.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I still have a huge problem with TM's PCS being so close to SM's. Like, HOW?

The program was well-packaged me thinks, at least for SP. The difference will show up in the FS, when SM have an actual piece of art while TM have an outtake from "Burlesque". They would have done better by stealing Astakhova and Rogonov's (and now Wagner's too) music from La La Land instead.

QuadThrow

Medalist

Me too. The has gone through the whole season. Their skating skills are very good, but there is no innovation at all and their interpretation, costumes and choreography should not be in the 9th.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Like Vladimir being a better basic skater than Bruno and like T/M having better synhronicity than S/M. In some other aspects S/M are better - performance and interpretative aspects for example, but in terms of basic pairs skating T/M are better, no doubt

anyanka

Record Breaker
Like Vladimir being a better basic skater than Bruno and like T/M having better synhronicity than S/M. In some other aspects S/M are better - performance and interpretative aspects for example, but in terms of basic pairs skating T/M are better, no doubt

That's a good perspective. And you're right on the timing.

Honestly if S/H had hit that first SBS they'd have blown the field away.

girl in red

Rinkside
I just loove s/h!They are the reason why i started watching pairs skating that i firstly found really uninteresting.I am a bit disapointed about the fall but han is the defenition of perfection(plus the knight of my heart:luv17:)so there is nothing to judge.I want to see them doing incredibly well because they deserve it.
s/m are also very good but for me the connection between them is missing
t/m very good technically but for the time being just that
i really like ksenia stolbova, i m always imressed by her diva stylešŸ˜
this is my first post-hi everyone:hap36:

Bcash

Final Flight
I was expecting better camera angles from Japanese broadcasts but apparently not quite, based on what we got from NHK and here.