Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Thread: 2017 GPF Short Dance

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    My problem with Guillame & Gabriella SD is, 'there is so little Samba Rhumba content'. Hence, what is there to judge to begin with in the first place? Please point out exactly where the Samba and Rhumba contents in Guillame and Gabriella's SD. For the other competitors, you can actually point out their dance content and grade the execution. Anna & Luca actually have more Samba/ChaCha content but the fast tempo let them down a bit unfortunately. Yes, you can say no deduction if a certain move is not a standard (the throw that I mentioned) but what about the rest of the dance, there is still 99% of the dance yet to be judged? where is the Samba and where is the Rhumba? I would love for someone to point out to me segment by segment. The SD is a prescribed dance. More than anything else, the problem for Gabbie and Guillame's SD is the lack of synchronisation of their moves, their hips and shoulder movements don't match. They were doing different steps from each other when they were in mirror position.

Guillame & Gabriella's Paso Doble two season's ago, I think, is one of my favorite - great intensity, timing of steps, loads of Paso content, and locking of the eye contact. But this Samba Rhumba is rubbish.

6 Not allowed!
    And with these wise words we can happily close this thread, knowing that injustice reigns supreme over Ice Dance Land because ballroom dancing on ice is not judged like ballroom dancing on a dance floor.
    We are all thrilled to see that some people can still recognize rubbish when it hits them in the face, and will defend the strongholds of rigid thinking and clinging to the past until their last breath.
    In this knowledge, we can all sleep soundly tonight, and gather strength for the battles to come.
    Because a beautiful future will not wait to push itself upon us, and we cannot let that happen unhindered!
    Let's prepare ourselves to refuse it totally. We will NOT enjoy it. We are here to suffer and let suffer!

The End.

Tripping on the Podium viennaskater's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MelDee View Post
    The campaign against P/C is getting more and more disgusting - e.g. https://twitter.com/ExposingPandC

Desperate and sad, truly.
    I am truly shocked that this sort of thing even exists.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by viennaskater View Post
    I am truly shocked that this sort of thing even exists.
    That is complete insanity

I used to love to watch Tessa and Scott but some of their fans have really ruined them for me...

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotlev View Post
    And with these wise words we can happily close this thread, knowing that injustice reigns supreme over Ice Dance Land because ballroom dancing on ice is not judged like ballroom dancing on a dance floor.
    We are all thrilled to see that some people can still recognize rubbish when it hits them in the face, and will defend the strongholds of rigid thinking and clinging to the past until their last breath.
    In this knowledge, we can all sleep soundly tonight, and gather strength for the battles to come.
    Because a beautiful future will not wait to push itself upon us, and we cannot let that happen unhindered!
    Let's prepare ourselves to refuse it totally. We will NOT enjoy it. We are here to suffer and let suffer!

The End.
    Well, at least you do admit that Gabbie & Guillame's SD is rubbish and rubbish thrown at faces.

Medalist

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icekiwi View Post
    Well, at least you do admit that Gabbie & Guillame's SD is rubbish and rubbish thrown at faces.
    And that rubbish is so freaking good I've personnally never seen rubbish so well translated into the ice. Or winning a GPF : I guess it's there is really a first time for everything ! Rubbish for the win tbh

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icekiwi View Post
    Please, do us all a favor, ... get a life!

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyasnake View Post
    My comment ? why so ?
    Not yours. My comment was concerning those ultra-ubers who claim that V/M are the best of all times, the impeccable, splendid ice dancers that simply could never lose in their mind so their comments are hard to take seriously as great as they really are. Those reactions just scream ''cry me a river'' for me, their denial just blinds them.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31