2017 GPF Men's SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Men's SP

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
In my opinion he was overscored - he did not deserve good presentation marks. I am getting tired of seeing his miserable face, I don't get it, he always used to smile more. Give me Voronov's positive smiling attitude any day!

Sergei has passion and personality, Mikhail has neither. I think Sergei is just happy with what he has achieved with honest hard work. Why should Mikhail feel any pressure since he can pop and fall all over the place & still make the top 3.

doro1982

Spectator
Sergei has passion and personality, Mikhail has neither. I think Sergei is just happy with what he has achieved with honest hard work. Why should Mikhail feel any pressure since he can pop and fall all over the place & still make the top 3.

I think Mikhail is under pressure as simple as that
Sergei generally can't make top 3 that's why he can be more likeable becouse your favourites can be safe
Good luck to all 6 skaters! šŸ˜ƒ

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

So where should he be in the standings? Are you sure you know how to count points at this moment? He could have gotten 35 in PCS and he still would have stayed in the top 3. I just think it's laughable that at this point there's still some fight in you to argue over this. Once again, you can't help but talk about Mikhail in a bad light, as if he doesn't work hard enough to receive the scores he gets. It's silly how many times you can personally attack him and make it a game every time he competes.

:palmf:

viennaskater

Medalist
So where should he be in the standings? Are you sure you know how to count points at this moment? He could have gotten 35 in PCS and he still would have stayed in the top 3. I just think it's laughable that at this point there's still some fight in you to argue over this. Once again, you can't help but talk about Mikhail in a bad light, as if he doesn't work hard enough to receive the scores he gets. It's silly how many times you can personally attack him and make it a game every time he competes.:palmf:

Well, I've always been a huge fan of them both, and they BOTH work hard. It's just that in the past, Sergei has been passed over time and again by the Russian Foundation and certainly from my side, it would be great to see him a position to get picked for the Olympics team. Maybe it's not gonna happen, however well he skates, but it would be justice for him. And right now, comparing the two, I am rooting for Sergei because not only is he performing so well, Mikhail could barely crack a smile during the season so far and consequently his performances are suffering, certainly in the presentation side. It's a pity. I remember him winning early last year at the Helmut Seibt Memorial in Vienna and his performance was an absolute joy. Right now, I have trouble justifying the marks he's getting.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
For me, there are 3 mesmerizing SP this season: Shoma, Yuzu and Mikhail. In any order you wish.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, I've always been a huge fan of them both, and they BOTH work hard. It's just that in the past, Sergei has been passed over time and again by the Russian Foundation and certainly from my side, it would be great to see him a position to get picked for the Olympics team. Maybe it's not gonna happen, however well he skates, but it would be justice for him. And right now, comparing the two, I am rooting for Sergei because not only is he performing so well, Mikhail could barely crack a smile during the season so far and consequently his performances are suffering, certainly in the presentation side. It's a pity. I remember him winning early last year at the Helmut Seibt Memorial in Vienna and his performance was an absolute joy. Right now, I have trouble justifying the marks he's getting.

But the thing is, you don't need to justify the scores he gets. You are absolutely allowed to disagree with them, but the way some people talk about Mikhail sometimes is disheartening, like he doesn't work hard enough, or doesn't cracks smiles, or doesn't give his best, or doesn't deserve his scores, or doesn't deserve his ranks and medals, and so on. He said himself that he's still not completely happy with his programs because he can't compete them the best he can, but he takes his small improvements as important all the same - and some people even think he's not allowed to do that.

In the fan fest we're always talking about how he can do better, how he should work on this or that, it's not like we're over the moon he gets his medals with mistakes. But we don't resort to dragging the competition down, at least I don't do that. It's unfair and completely unjustified.

Ender

Match Penalty
Voronov is not as good at skating as Kokyada. But when Kolyada makes mistakes and Voronov is clean, Voronov deserves better. Simple and clear. But Russian fed play favoritism.