Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Thread: 2017 GPF Ladies SP

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elucidus View Post
    PCS is not about maturity and refinement. Surprise. At least half of it consist of technical merits, more related to TES.

Thank you.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by singerskates View Post
    Back loading all her jumps does not fall under the Well Balance Program rule. I hope the ISU upholds the Well Balanced Program rule.
    Pretty sure this has been dissected to death and well balanced simply means that all the required elements are included.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    I do not understand the massive PCS for Zagitova. I find watching her an exercise in frustration, and here she didn't even skate clean. But more than the jump stumble, my issue with her is that no position is ever finished or held or extended. It's all so rushed – and not in a way that looks like it's some kind of deliberate choreographic choice, but in a way that looks like either the choreographer just didn't care enough about anything besides technical elements and checking off boxes to leave enough time for the skater to achieve this, or Zagitova is too young to understand how to properly deliver the movements. I get the impression it's probably a combination of the two. This really should impact her PCS — she should not be close to the top ladies in PCS yet.
    I feel the same way about Zagitova's performances. I really hope she'd improve because otherwise she looks like a star.

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Satako's performance here was one of the best displays ever of skating skills from a lady. Her mastery of the blade is exceptional. Beautiful overall performance too, except for failing to hold her ending pose. This should have been the PCS winner. Now if only she could somehow rotate those jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by matcha View Post
    Pretty sure this has been dissected to death and well balanced simply means that all the required elements are included.
    The term "well balanced program" does not only mean that. This term has been used forever in figure skating to describe programs that are choreographically well constructed.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47